superj
Well-Known Member
- First Name
- Jason
- Joined
- Feb 8, 2025
- Threads
- 44
- Messages
- 3,989
- Reaction score
- 3,859
- Location
- Corpus christi texas
- Vehicle(s)
- 2024 ford ranger, 2019 wrangler, 2018 mazda3
- Occupation
- Retired
There is a way you can turn off the auto start stop without ForScan on RR. Push the Raptor button on the right side of the steering wheel. In the raptor drive mode you can set you preferences that will be saved every time you choose to drive in Raptor mode. To set up: press the R (for raptor) on right hand steering wheel. Then press the A button on the center console. It should say on the driver instrument cluster auto start stop deactivated. Now with the other buttons on the right hand side of the steering wheel you can set the other preferences you want. Push the steering wheel and choose an option . I have comfort. Push the Shock button for the ride you want. I have mine sporty. Push the exhaust button and choose the sound you want. The with the console dial you can choose the 2 or 4 wheel drive. I have 2 wheel. When you have done all that push and hold the Raptor button again for 3-5 seconds. If it all takes you will see a red R in the back of you truck on the drivers instrument on panel. Now you all set. Then every time you start the truck push the Raptor button 2X on the steering wheel all your saved parameters will engage. If you ever want to change them just do the process all over. This is also explained on page 265 of the owners manual. Yes you will still have to push a button twice, but you get all the other choices automatically. I believe it’s a great trade off.Has anyone found the process for disabling the auto start/stop feature for the 24/25 Ranger Raptor in Forescan? I know it can be done so I'm looking for which module and bit value to change. I have the 4D-Tech auto start/stop eliminator cable but these use battery power all the time so if the truck sits for more than a couple of weeks the battery starts to go dead.
That’s good news! Glad you got it sorted.So long delayed update, my battery drain issue did in fact end up being a faulty battery. Ford tested it when I took it in for the airbag recall and found it failed. After replacing it my battery drain issue went away. I've since reinstalled the 4Dtech module and so far haven't had any issues with drain.
As far as I know they haven't written or discovered the code for that. But now that auto start/stop is being taken off US cars the dealer might be able to do it for a fee.Did any of you try turning auto start stop off using FORScan?
Hmm, I was looking in the FORScan crowdsourced excel and there is a line for it?As far as I know they haven't written or discovered the code for that. But now that auto start/stop is being taken off US cars the dealer might be able to do it for a fee.
That one doesn't work. It causes all kinds of problems with your display.Hmm, I was looking in the FORScan crowdsourced excel and there is a line for it?
Weird, why is it listed as approved in the sheet then? Makes me worried things arent being updatedThat one doesn't work. It causes all kinds of problems with your display.
I know. I tried some others off that sheet and they didn't work. I think the cable from 4D Tech for $100 might be your best bet for now and it's a 1 minute install.Weird, why is it listed as approved in the sheet then? Makes me worried things arent being updated