• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

3.0TT V6 Ecoboost Tune for 2024+ Ranger Raptor

RaptorFP

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sonata N Line
I feel the 3.0TT will have plenty of tuning potential judging by what's being done with the 3.0TT in the Explorer ST. Livernois has a 93 octane tune for the Explorer ST with 110WHP (137.5HP at engine) and 115WTQ (138lb-ft) maximum peak gain (https://www.livernoismotorsports.co...t-and-lincoln-aviator-3-0l-mycalibrator-tuner ). With Raptors 405HP and 430lb-ft at crank it could get up to 542.5HP and 568 lb-ft which is an amazing figure for a medium sized truck like this. Looking forward to everyone's speculations and thoughts on tuning the 3.0.
Sponsored

Richie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor, 21 X5 M50i
I feel the 3.0TT will have plenty of tuning potential judging by what's being done with the 3.0TT in the Explorer ST. Livernois has a 93 octane tune for the Explorer ST with 110WHP (137.5HP at engine) and 115WTQ (138lb-ft) maximum peak gain (https://www.livernoismotorsports.co...t-and-lincoln-aviator-3-0l-mycalibrator-tuner ). With Raptors 405HP and 430lb-ft at crank it could get up to 542.5HP and 568 lb-ft which is an amazing figure for a medium sized truck like this. Looking forward to everyone's speculations and thoughts on tuning the 3.0.
This motor will have tremendous potential. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that Ford Performance comes out with a tune that will keep the truck under warranty. They offer this for the 2.3 in the current Ranger. https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-REB. Not quite as much gain as you could get from reputable tuners but to have a warranty with a tune is a nice bonus.

OP
OP

RaptorFP

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sonata N Line
This motor will have tremendous potential. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that Ford Performance comes out with a tune that will keep the truck under warranty. They offer this for the 2.3 in the current Ranger. https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-REB. Not quite as much gain as you could get from reputable tuners but to have a warranty with a tune is a nice bonus.
I do wonder about Ford coming out with a tune for the Ranger Raptor since the current F150 Raptor has 450HP and with a tune adding 50HP it could potentially cannibalize the F150 Raptor, keep in mind the Ranger is lighter. I do hope they'll put one out regardless, I had one on my Ecoboost Mustang and it was awesome having a tune and a warranty. But if not aftermarket has our back. I don't Roush etc. will have one too.

CrustyNoodle

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 BMW 135i, '19 Rangie Sport, '23 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I'd keep my eyes glued to the Bronco Raptor and what people do with that as it will be directly applicable to the Ranger Raptor.

OP
OP

RaptorFP

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sonata N Line
I'd keep my eyes glued to the Bronco Raptor and what people do with that as it will be directly applicable to the Ranger Raptor.
That's absolutely a good indicator. It's crazy to me that Ford went ahead and dropped the same engine in a 56k midsized truck lol. Though I'm happy they did.

Reactions: MJE

Sponsored

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I looked back at my receipts for the Ford TuneI I ordered as soon as available and it was almost a year after I got my truck so Ford's may not come out soon. What I am curious about is my ProCal tool which is the same for any Ford tune....will I be able to buy the tune separately and reuse the tool?

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I have been using my 93 performance tune on my 19 ranger from 5 Star for going on 3 years.

Zero issues.

NC Spuds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Lexus RC 350, GMC Canyon Denali on order
Occupation
Seed potatoes
5 Star Tuning if you want to tune.. I have used them on multiple trucks
I’ve used 5 star tunes since 2010. I put their 93 perf tune on my F-150 (5.4L, v8) at around 9k on the odometer. I sold the truck 10 years later with 250k miles on it. I never had a lick of trouble with that engine or the 5 star tune.

I’m currently running their tune in my RV. It’s built on an F-53 chassis and running the Godzilla 7.3L, V8 motor. It’s only got 1,200 miles on it so far, but I expect it’ll last a while too. 5-star tuning has been around a while and does good work. They are available to help when needed with very good customer support. Additionally, for those concerned about a warranty, 5-star offers a warranty option with their products.

I’ve been looking at their tunes for the 2.3L and plan to install one once my new Ranger hits 1,000 miles, which is when I also change my oil for the first time.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 and 2020 F350 and 2022 Ford Escape
I’ve used 5 star tunes since 2010. I put their 93 perf tune on my F-150 (5.4L, v8) at around 9k on the odometer. I sold the truck 10 years later with 250k miles on it. I never had a lick of trouble with that engine or the 5 star tune.

I’m currently running their tune in my RV. It’s built on an F-53 chassis and running the Godzilla 7.3L, V8 motor. It’s only got 1,200 miles on it so far, but I expect it’ll last a while too. 5-star tuning has been around a while and does good work. They are available to help when needed with very good customer support. Additionally, for those concerned about a warranty, 5-star offers a warranty option with their products.

I’ve been looking at their tunes for the 2.3L and plan to install one once my new Ranger hits 1,000 miles, which is when I also change my oil for the first time.
I started running 5star tunes in 2011 on my first ecoboost. Since then I have had several ecoboosts tuned as well as a Powerstroke diesel. Mike @5star is a nice guy and actually tests his tunes with vehicles. Some tuners just write the tune and let you be the tester.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
To be honest this time around I don't know if I am going to run a tune. The raptor is already a good leap above my 2019 XLT with the 93 performance tune.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
To be honest this time around I don't know if I am going to run a tune. The raptor is already a good leap above my 2019 XLT with the 93 performance tune.
I contacted the Ford Performance guy I got good info early on regarding the Ford tune for the 2.3 which I have on my '19. There not talking about the Raptor tune but surely there will be one. Sent an inquiry to 5Star just to see if they would push my Ford tune a bit. Will be a while before any Raptors appear, have one ordered supposedly - to stock but to my specs.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I contacted the Ford Performance guy I got good info early on regarding the Ford tune for the 2.3 which I have on my '19. There not talking about the Raptor tune but surely there will be one. Sent an inquiry to 5Star just to see if they would push my Ford tune a bit. Will be a while before any Raptors appear, have one ordered supposedly - to stock but to my specs.
The only thing I'd want a tune for, is if the e-throttle response is sloppy like the current ranger in normal drive mode. Since I already have an SCT box a tune just to fix that would be cheaper than a pedal commander.

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
You say that now, but what about a Ford Performance? Lol
Sponsored