• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
I have to wonder when the Taco will release too. Considering only a handful were even built for the event and allot of those were not even complete because they didn't have the parts. Even if available they will mostly be sold out for a while. When the Taco did even a minor refresh they were hard to get.

Colorado will probably see a bump.
I was thinking fall order banks for taco would open for base trims and up to TRD PRO with gas engine. Start rolling out by march no later same time rangers would be. Colorado starting show up everywhere now so yea the 24 Colorado will probably have most bugs fixed.
Sponsored

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
Is that chart for all sales including retail or is that fleet sales only?

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
You know I have been thinking of some of the comments here and in other threads. I agree with allot of them.
I really do not feel Ford is committed to the Ranger. It had a terrible launch Re launch in NA so much so it was drastically reduced with rebates and dealer incentives by November 2019 because dealers had allot on the lots and were complaining. This actually moved allot of Rangers though.

I also feel they are afraid the Ranger will cut into F150 sales.
The F150 has been their flagship truck for a long time.

Now you have the Bronco which is doing well and they can not keep up production. They share the same floor with the new Ranger. Hmm that may be one of the worst things to happen to the new Ranger. Do you use the floor space for a Ranger or a Bronco which seems to be another flagship for Ford. I mean seriously Bronco or Ranger.

Ranger 6g seems to have come out with not much Hype.

Now you have the Maverick which is also doing well.

Where does the Ranger fit in for Ford. The midsize market is getting saturated as is.

What incentive is there For Ford to even meet demand on the Ranger.

Also I would bet if production is limited for the Ranger it will only be the higher trim levels.

If Ranger sales turn out to be slim what after market stuff shows up?

I mean time will tell and is all opinion..

You know I am a truck person and not loyal to any brand so I follow allot of different truck forums. For a new launch though the Colorado forums are unusually quiet.

Last edited:

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus ST
Sad day...this will be the first truck I've ever purchased, as I've always driven smaller sports cars. Was really excited for this.

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know I have been thinking of some of the comments here and in other threads. I agree with allot of them.
I really do not feel Ford is committed to the Ranger. It had a terrible launch Re launch in NA so much so it was drastically reduced with rebates and dealer incentives by November 2019 because dealers had allot on the lots and were complaining. This actually moved allot of Rangers though.

I also feel they are afraid the Ranger will cut into F150 sales.
The F150 has been their flagship truck for a long time.

Now you have the Bronco which is doing well and they can not keep up production. They share the same floor with the new Ranger. Hmm that may be one of the worst things to happen to the new Ranger. Do you use the floor space for a Ranger or a Bronco which seems to be another flagship for Ford. I mean seriously Bronco or Ranger.

Ranger 6g seems to have come out with not much Hype.

Now you have the Maverick which is also doing well.

Where does the Ranger fit in for Ford. The midsize market is getting saturated as is.

What incentive is there For Ford to even meet demand on the Ranger.

Also I would bet if production is limited for the Ranger it will only be the higher trim levels.

If Ranger sales turn out to be slim what after market stuff shows up?

I mean time will tell and is all opinion..

You know I am a truck person and not loyal to any brand so I follow allot of different truck forums. For a new launch though the Colorado forums are unusually quiet.
Those are some valid points and probably a lot of truth in there. However, on some other forums there are members who actually work in that plant (MAP) and they say the biggest issue right now is parts availability.

MAP could add a third shift to meet demand for the Ranger but they cannot get the parts to actually build them.

The switchover to an all new body and interior is probably exasperating that problem as well because parts suppliers are having to install all new tooling to make those parts and they may be reluctant to commit without knowing what the sales potential is and how serious Ford is about selling the Ranger.

One other point that you didn't touch on is the fact that the Ranger is also sold in other markets where it is Ford's only truck meaning it is much more important in those markets. And because of that it has been designed to fit those markets more so than the North American market. Ford doesn't really need to sell the Ranger here but it did provide a placeholder to keep MAP open until the Bronco was ready and it did provide a platform on which to build the Bronco.

Sponsored

sideshowbob19

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 escape hybrid awd
Occupation
Law Enforcement
So I should get a Bronco? Got it. Haha. You are all making good points. Tough to say how this redesign will be taken by american buyers. I bet the raptor though could cause enough hype for people to remember the ranger is a thing and reignite some interest.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Those are some valid points and probably a lot of truth in there. However, on some other forums there are members who actually work in that plant (MAP) and they say the biggest issue right now is parts availability.

MAP could add a third shift to meet demand for the Ranger but they cannot get the parts to actually build them.

The switchover to an all new body and interior is probably exasperating that problem as well because parts suppliers are having to install all new tooling to make those parts and they may be reluctant to commit without knowing what the sales potential is and how serious Ford is about selling the Ranger.

One other point that you didn't touch on is the fact that the Ranger is also sold in other markets where it is Ford's only truck meaning it is much more important in those markets. And because of that it has been designed to fit those markets more so than the North American market. Ford doesn't really need to sell the Ranger here but it did provide a placeholder to keep MAP open until the Bronco was ready and it did provide a platform on which to build the Bronco.

Good points.

Let me say this though about parts shortage? Do you put them on the Bronco or Ranger since they share allot of the same parts?

During covid I stopped in on my Ford dealer a few times to look or oil changes. They always had F150's but I saw almost no Rangers and most of the time there were none. They offered me almost sticker on my almost 2 to 3 year old Ranger and well over what I paid for it to try and get me in F150. They must have really wanted some Rangers. So that is probably where the parts go if there are supply issues.

I hope I am wrong but to me Ford has not been all in on the North American Ranger since they brought them back.

For me it is not a huge concern. My Ranger is doing well for me and I have time to see how it all plays out. See what issues arise with all the different trucks. I refuse to pay markups.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
There is only one main assembly line. Rangers and Broncos are built at the same time on the same line. There are actually multiple lines in the plant when you look at all of the subassemblies.

They are building more Broncos than Rangers and have been for some time. They will build out the current 2023MY Rangers and slide right in to 2024MY. There is no ceremonious shut down.. they start stocking the stations with new parts and one model goes away and the next starts.

If anyone ever comes to Michigan I suggest taking the Ford Factory Tour at the Henry Ford Museum to go watch F150 production run at Dearborn Truck. It will give you an appreciation for how modern assembly runs.

Supply issues and trucking issues are real. I work for a seating supplier that feeds all of the major OEMs and we see supply constraints all the time as well as customer down time.
Hey Brad, when my seats for my '24 XLT Ranger come around for you to make, can you slip in leather instead of cloth, and use orange stitching?? Thanks!

ssjx7squall

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Good points.

Let me say this though about parts shortage? Do you put them on the Bronco or Ranger since they share allot of the same parts?

During covid I stopped in on my Ford dealer a few times to look or oil changes. They always had F150's but I saw almost no Rangers and most of the time there were none. They offered me almost sticker on my almost 2 to 3 year old Ranger and well over what I paid for it to try and get me in F150. They must have really wanted some Rangers. So that is probably where the parts go if there are supply issues.

I hope I am wrong but to me Ford has not been all in on the North American Ranger since they brought them back.

For me it is not a huge concern. My Ranger is doing well for me and I have time to see how it all plays out. See what issues arise with all the different trucks. I refuse to pay markups.

It’s just not their bread winner. It’s why Toyota goes all in on the taco but not the tundra. I completely get it. Sure it’s frustrating for consumers who are in the midsize market which is growing but still isn’t the full size truck market. Excluding Tacoma I see 5 full size trucks to every midsize

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2014 Mustang GT
Occupation
Computer Nerd
LOL We don't make the Ranger seats. Lear does....

We do F150 and Mustang currently out of my plants that I support.

Hey Brad, when my seats for my '24 XLT Ranger come around for you to make, can you slip in leather instead of cloth, and use orange stitching?? Thanks!

Sponsored

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good points.

I talked to one of the salesmen at a local dealer this morning. I have been on their list for a Ranger Raptor for nearly a year now. What he told me was a bit surprising and may have been a ploy to get me to place an order. If I do that I will demand they put the deal in writing and honor it when the truck arrives.

Anyway, he told me that his dealership does not charge markups on retail orders and they do not require a deposit. If the customer decides they do not want the vehicle after it arrives it simply goes on their lot. But if that does happen, they will probably add a markup, especially on something as limited in production as a Ranger Raptor.

He also said they have not been told whether or not they will be getting any Raptors from the first production run. I told him what I have seen here and on other forums which is that each dealer will get one Raptor from the first run. He didn't know anything about that and couldn't say whether it was true or not.

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Laramie Sport
Sad day...this will be the first truck I've ever purchased, as I've always driven smaller sports cars. Was really excited for this.
Don't be sad. There are midsize trucks that are objectively better on sale in the U.S. as of today. If Ford won't come through for people then buy elsewhere if you need a truck.

I tried to buy a 2022 Ranger but refused to pay $41k bucks for a decade-old design. So I'm waiting to see these "new" Rangers in person but every day that goes by I'm leaning elsewhere.

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
I have a feeling the one Raptor these dealers get will not be sold for about a month like other Ford special vehicles. They are required to stay on the dealer lot for a period of time for people to see and touch.
Also Toyota dealer said people can't order builds (at least for the RAV4) but think he meant for all models. He said that stopped about a couple years ago and dealers get what Toyota sends.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 pinto V8, 1995 Mustang GT conv, 2019 SuperCab 2WD Ranger, 2016 Transit Connect
Don't be sad. There are midsize trucks that are objectively better on sale in the U.S. as of today. If Ford won't come through for people then buy elsewhere if you need a truck.

I tried to buy a 2022 Ranger but refused to pay $41k bucks for a decade-old design. So I'm waiting to see these "new" Rangers in person but every day that goes by I'm leaning elsewhere.
I've been buying Rangers for over 35 years, the Ranger has consistently been better than its competition by every objective parameter... price, build quality, capability, and reliability.
better even in those subjective aspects, such as style, comfort, and pride of ownership.
There are, of course, other midsize trucks out there... just none "objectively better".

Last edited:

RangerFX4

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Steel Buyer
I've been buying Rangers for over 35 years, the Ranger has consistently been better than its competition by every objective parameter... price, build quality, capability, and reliability.
better even in those subjective aspects, such as style, comfort, and pride of ownership.
There are, of course, other midsize trucks out there... just none "objectively better".
I agree. This will be Ranger #10 for me. I usually shop the competition, and end up with a Ranger.
Sponsored