• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL STX FX4 Magnetic Super Cab

Dean Schaffran

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCab
Some things are easy to model... others not so much. I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing the model of the bed. It just isn't accurate enough.

I made the model knowing that I was building a wooden structure that I could check each board for 'fit". I have yet to build the "Lumber Rack".
Totally understand.
Thanks for your quick response!
DS
Sponsored

OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCab XL - STX - FX4 - Magnetic
Shot a few photo's of the truck today.

The Shrockwork Rocksliders really do compliment the lines of the Ranger and look like they are a part of the truck, not some aftermarket afterthought.

Link To Installing The Rocksliders

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 002.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 003.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 004.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 005.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab Composite

Last edited:
OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MotivX Oil Filler Funnel

Following BButah and rpeterson53 advice ( EcoBoost Oil Fill Funnel... What Are You Using.) I modified my new MotivX funnel today.

Works great.. nice tight fit! Thanks guys!

Link to funnel on Amazon: Motivx Tools Engine Oil Funnel for Ford Vehicles with 1/4 Turn Oil Filler Caps

Here's how I did it...

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 000.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 001.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 002.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 003.JPG

With the end sanded down I checked to see if it fit the truck. Nope. Just as BButah and rpeterson53 stated the space at the end of the funnel theads needed to be widened...

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 004.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 005.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 006.JPG

Be sure to remove any little burs of the plastic, like those below. A fingernail seems to peel it off just fine

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 007.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 008.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 009.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 010.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RockSliders & Ice Build Up

Today we were driving in some pretty nasty winter weather and had a lot of ice accumulate on the truck. Temperatures were in the teens, wind driven snow and driving in slush.

We started hearing a knocking noise on the passenger side outer floor area every time we would drive over an abrupt bump in the road.

I pulled over to see what was up and there is one spot on the Shrockworks Rockslider dimpled plate that is really close to the rocker panels. That spot is on the rocker panel near the front door.

Ice builds up on the rocker panel, and the slider and bridges across. The Sliders attach to the frame, the cab does too, but the cab is mounted in rubber. So when the cab moves, you hear a knocking noise.

The funny thing is that tight clearance is only in that one location... and is the same on both sides of the truck.

I'll send an email to Shrockworks. If they revise the design of future sliders just a bit it would eliminate the issue.

If you buy the sliders without the dimpled top plates you won't have this issue.

Update 02-25-2020: Here is the reply back from Mark @ Shrockworks

"Well that’s certainly something we didn’t consider! Ice buildup isn’t something we are familiar with down here in Texas. I appreciate the feedback."

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 001.JPG

Last edited: