• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Make sure you check underneath

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
Yes. Agreed my salt covered brother! Ohio is bad with the salt too. I am sure it will be alight. That won't stop me from crawling under there and painting or coating with something though... LOL
These are pics I just snapped of my 2009 (15 year old) 132K miles daily driver. Every part under there is original. AND, it doesn't get washed very much.. in fact, you can still see some salt clinging on there that the recent rain has not yet washed off! It is just shocking to see that on a brand new vehicle. (tried to get the drive shafts in the pics)
thumbnail_image1.jpg
Your driveshaft isn't rusty! :)

bdginmo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer, 2015 Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
Software Engineer
Could this be used to deny warranty claims or ESP claims?

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
My dealer just listed the ranger I had ordered and bailed on. No idea on the undercarriage, but I am pretty sure they put a ranger raptor seat in the rear. It is an XLT high, and not a RR.

I wonder what else is wrong like this.
Ford Ranger Make sure you check underneath 1712232049966-r

Sponsored

Skitrem47

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner TRD Pro
Occupation
Teacher
My dealer just listed the ranger I had ordered and bailed on. No idea on the undercarriage, but I am pretty sure they put a ranger raptor seat in the rear. It is an XLT high, and not a RR.

1712232049966-rg.jpg
šŸ˜²OMG how in the hell did that make it through QC. Thatā€™s amazing.

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
I wouldn't have minded if the front seats matched haha.

My dealer also added the side steps, and tonneau cover without me asking, so I am glad I bailed on it. Not that it is Fords fault the dealer added stuff they weren't told to.

Reactions: MJE

Tr1tium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4runner trd pro

1712232049966-rg.jpg

Rust is one thing this is entirely something different. Iā€™ve never seen something like that on a vehicle. If that gets past QC that does not bode well.

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer

1712232049966-rg.jpg
I suppose it's slightly better than one mismatched seat out of 4. Seen that before.

Sponsored

HyperM3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5, Ranger Raptor on order
I suppose it's slightly better than one mismatched seat out of 4. Seen that before.
Right, there was that Mustang delivered a couple years ago with one basic front seat and the other was the upgraded Recaro seat. Didnt even remotely look the same. That was amazing QC,

Critical Habitat

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, ordered '24 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer

Is this what it is supposed to look like? Can't imagine someone wanting the orange accents that don't match the front seats.
Ford Ranger Make sure you check underneath Seating.PNG

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manager
Is this what it is supposed to look like? Can't imagine someone wanting the orange accents that don't match the front seats.
Seating.PNG
It is supposed to be cloth like the front. It is just an XLT and the front seats are the correct sport cloth haha.
Ford Ranger Make sure you check underneath 1712243023359-4r

Zackattack2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gmc canyon
Occupation
Tech

1712232049966-rg.jpg

I actually like it lol.

I would take it in a heartbeat. But this is exactly why Iā€™m not going to be a beta tester.

Iā€™m writing a minimum of 2 years before I will buy

Robo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5, VW Atlas
I actually like it lol.

I would take it in a heartbeat. But this is exactly why Iā€™m not going to be a beta tester.

Iā€™m writing a minimum of 2 years before I will buy
Hopefully it's just a QC issue that has been rectified. The AU and EU markets have already been beta testing our new trucks (more or less) for a couple of years now. I would think that the majority of the critical issues have been resolved by now.
Sponsored