• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Make sure you check underneath

Kubie

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Silverado
Occupation
Retired
You gotta reach out to your dealer/zone rep and Ford customer service with those photos. A little rust is to be expected, but this is ridiculous. How many miles on it?
Id definitely be complaining at the dealer or to ford directly
Sponsored

Mikknj

First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger XLT Cactus Grey
Itā€™s egregious for a new truck to have that much rust. I hope your dealer can help you find an appropriate resolution for these issues. Iā€™m supposed to take delivery of my Ranger Raptor next week. Iā€™ll upload pictures of the truck undercarriage after delivery.
Ohhhh... Ford Quality?
Guess I'm glad I purchased a Nissan Frontier while waiting on my Ranger.. I may want to keep it.

EchoTango

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger
Ohhhh... Ford Quality?
Guess I'm glad I purchased a Nissan Frontier while waiting on my Ranger.. I may want to keep it.
My dealerā€™s reputation is suspect. Google reviews show that they have some questionable sales tactics. If they attempt this on me, then I will walk out. Iā€™m in no rush to purchase a new truck. Iā€™ve considered the Nissan, but the dated interior scared me off. If they update the interior during the upcoming refresh, then Iā€™ll consider it (if I donā€™t have a truck by then).

For me right now, itā€™s between the Ranger Raptor and Tacoma (Off Road hybrid when available). However, even Toyota is having some quality issues with the new Taco. Iā€™ve never considered purchasing an extended warranty in the past. Iā€™m 100% considering it for the truck I end up purchasing.

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
I donā€™t think I can believe this.. not without an actual video of the truck and moving to the bellyā€¦

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Ohhhh... Ford Quality?
I'm glad I purchased my Frontier too. 1300 miles now since purchase Dec 13th. Been flawless so far. Was satisfying to actually buy 1 on my timeline instead of the ordering and waiting game as I experienced with Maverick. Ford didn't offer me a Ranger in a configuration that was useful for me, so I had to look elsewhere.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
My dealerā€™s reputation is suspect. Google reviews show that they have some questionable sales tactics. If they attempt this on me, then I will walk out. Iā€™m in no rush to purchase a new truck. Iā€™ve considered the Nissan, but the dated interior scared me off. If they update the interior during the upcoming refresh, then Iā€™ll consider it (if I donā€™t have a truck by then).

For me right now, itā€™s between the Ranger Raptor and Tacoma (Off Road hybrid when available). However, even Toyota is having some quality issues with the new Taco. Iā€™ve never considered purchasing an extended warranty in the past. Iā€™m 100% considering it for the truck I end up purchasing.
not sure what you mean by "dated" interior in NIssan? Is it the lack of a large digital screen(s) for controlling everything like being at home at your gamer station? That huge vertical screen in 6G Ranger was very off putting and useless to me. Compare a Frontier SV with Technology and Convenience packages and bang for your buck before rejecting based on 1st impression of the cabin.

HighDesertRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Sales Manager
Man I am so sorry to see this, itā€™s almost like the truck is over a year old looking underneath. Crazy! šŸ˜¤
That's what it looks like. I used to sell Fords in New England, and even with all the salt they put on the roads I never saw a new one that looked like that. Bizarre.

Craneop1972

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Z71
Occupation
Pimp
Man I am so sorry to see this, itā€™s almost like the truck is over a year old looking underneath. Crazy! šŸ˜¤
I often think about those pictures of all the rangers in that lot from months and months ago. Makes me wonder if they built most of the orders and let them sit, then run them through the blend dates and production statuses, but they were already done and sitting out there.
But what do I know. Iā€™m definitely no conspiracy theorists šŸ˜‚

Craneop1972

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Z71
Occupation
Pimp

Sponsored

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
Say it @Sevokevo. We need video proof šŸ˜‚
Haha yeah sadly anyone can believe anything today on the internet when it may or may not be true on the matter or can be just a troll so hard boil evidence is the key here!

btw update to youā€¦ that first RR I ordered from Planet Ford has a build date nowā€¦ itā€™s scheduled for Mayā€¦ regardless of my order being canceled, they can not remove my email from thatā€™s trucks tracker..

As for my current RR on order.. no build date yet.. which is perfectly fine.

Roadster_Randy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT, HPR
And this is EXACTLY why I bailed on my order, sitting since 1/31. Reordered on 3/22, hope to have it before July at this point......

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
And this is EXACTLY why I bailed on my order, sitting since 1/31. Reordered on 3/22, hope to have it before July at this point......
i would not expect it in July..

my first order in late November early December got a build date for May before I canceled my order because my local dealer had there 1 allocation opened back up.. I am more of a VIP there so they gave me a better dealā€¦ I wonā€™t expect mines to be here till closer in August.. at least thatā€™s my hope at the earliest.. if itā€™s later than I am fine.. more time to save

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Video proof would be nice but the user seems genuine. I'll be looking underneath on delivery and refusing mine if it looks anything like that. terrible if true

Sevokevo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Occupation
LTL Truck driver
Video proof would be nice but the user seems genuine. I'll be looking underneath on delivery and refusing mine if it looks anything like that. terrible if true
I would hope that Ford can just turn around and say they can fix it before they sell it to you..
Sponsored