• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger Raptor 5-Star Tune(s)

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I have been running a 93 performance tune (90 HP / 100 TQ) on my 19' for a few years. No issues, satisified with it for sure. Well established company that has been doing this for quite some time.

I reached out to them via e-mail advising of (knock on wood) the eminent arrival of a Raptor in my possession down the line and due to allocation limits if they had trouble finding a temporary donor vehicle I could probably arrange to help in that regard as they are within a few hours of me.

They expressed interest.

The only thing I am going to request in return is some tunes on the house and their engine coverage warranty they offer. This is the only tuning company I know that offers this. Basically the way it works is those who buy into the program, all the money across all engines they tune for goes into a giant pool. I am only aware of one incident in the Gen 5 that they paid out for the guy to get a new engine and even then it was questionable if the tune even caused it or the actual motor died to factory component failure. Regardless they did the right thing and took care of the guy.

I'll update in future should this come to fruition.

This thread is not here for purse swinging and dick waving on 5 Star vs Unleashed vs Livernois vs Whatever. Go make another thread for that garbage.

It is specific to those who are familiar with the company and their products and want to check back later for updated information.
Sponsored

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Powerboost King Ranch, 2024 HPR Ranger Raptor
I would probably go for one. ~500 HP in a mid size truck would be awesome.

HighDesertRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Sales Manager
Interesting. I'm most likely going to go with a 2.7 XLT when they hit but was planning on doing the Ford Factory tune. They offer it on the Broncos so I'm hoping they will on the Ranger too. I didn't know 5 Star gave that kind of warranty though, so that's a possibility too. Options are good.

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
5 Star did my Lariat Limited 6.2 and really were fantastic to work with. This sounds great

Sponsored
OP
OP

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Interesting. I'm most likely going to go with a 2.7 XLT when they hit but was planning on doing the Ford Factory tune. They offer it on the Broncos so I'm hoping they will on the Ranger too. I didn't know 5 Star gave that kind of warranty though, so that's a possibility too. Options are good.
The warranty they offer is not free. I don't remember the exact cost but it is an option.

They basically pool all the money together under this warranty plan that people buy into and disperse it as needed. I don't believe it's utilized very often.

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
Supposedly the raptor also uses a 10r60. The base engine would be right on the torque limit of a 10r60, so I don't think there is much point in a tune at that point.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Supposedly the raptor also uses a 10r60. The base engine would be right on the torque limit of a 10r60, so I don't think there is much point in a tune at that point.
It’s not always about peak numbers. You can tune for a flatter torque curve so you don’t have to sit at red line for max power and torque. They can change shift timing as well for a better feel. The Whipple tune they currently offer for the BRaptor doesn’t violate the built in torque limiter but still adds +50HP to the wheel. It’s

OP
OP

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Well if anything the tune would still be good to address the electronic throttle body response as well as clean up any transmission mapping if it is super sloppy for the sake of gas economy oriented.

HighDesertRanger

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Sport
Occupation
Sales Manager
The warranty they offer is not free. I don't remember the exact cost but it is an option.

They basically pool all the money together under this warranty plan that people buy into and disperse it as needed. I don't believe it's utilized very often.
Good to know. Probably worth it just to be on the safe side.

Sponsored

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
Is 5Star working on something in house with an SCT or similar? My understanding is that the 3.0EB on the BRaptor and RRaptor are both locked. The only tune available is the Whipple tune for the BRaptor and that’s as far as it’s gotten.

CrookedLetta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Bronco Sport First Edition
Occupation
Service Manager
Is 5Star working on something in house with an SCT or similar? My understanding is that the 3.0EB on the BRaptor and RRaptor are both locked. The only tune available is the Whipple tune for the BRaptor and that’s as far as it’s gotten.
This is becoming more and more common. Just will take time that's all. Or something like the Bronco Sport and use a piggy back config.

goalieThreeOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Raptor
Occupation
Engineer
This is becoming more and more common. Just will take time that's all. Or something like the Bronco Sport and use a piggy back config.
There’s a piggy back tuner for the BRaptor but the gains are pretty minimal

CrookedLetta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Bronco Sport First Edition
Occupation
Service Manager
There’s a piggy back tuner for the BRaptor but the gains are pretty minimal
Very disappointing especially knowing how the Explorer ST takes to tunes and a few mods. Time will tell, hopefully 5 Star pulls through.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
I have been running a 93 performance tune (90 HP / 100 TQ) on my 19' for a few years. No issues, satisified with it for sure. Well established company that has been doing this for quite some time.

I reached out to them via e-mail advising of (knock on wood) the eminent arrival of a Raptor in my possession down the line and due to allocation limits if they had trouble finding a temporary donor vehicle I could probably arrange to help in that regard as they are within a few hours of me.

They expressed interest.

The only thing I am going to request in return is some tunes on the house and their engine coverage warranty they offer. This is the only tuning company I know that offers this. Basically the way it works is those who buy into the program, all the money across all engines they tune for goes into a giant pool. I am only aware of one incident in the Gen 5 that they paid out for the guy to get a new engine and even then it was questionable if the tune even caused it or the actual motor died to factory component failure. Regardless they did the right thing and took care of the guy.

I'll update in future should this come to fruition.

This thread is not here for purse swinging and dick waving on 5 Star vs Unleashed vs Livernois vs Whatever. Go make another thread for that garbage.

It is specific to those who are familiar with the company and their products and want to check back later for updated information.
Interesting. I reached out to a supvs in Ford Performance that I worked with when waiting for the initial release of Ford's tune for info on potential Ford tune and got a "no comment". 500 HP would be sweet.
Sponsored