• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

The Con Job!

Jamesgang

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 f-150
Occupation
engineering manager
We all know & hear about the pro's of this new truck. let's make a list of the con's. Thinking Ford will see this and make this truck even better in the future. I'll Go first and say I loved the idea of a cordless phone charger. But this design sucks ass. the new phones have cameras that protrude off the back of phone. that makes the phone lift up off plate for charging. some times it works, most of the time it doesn't. Thinking of cutting the plate lugs off where my camera is laying hoping to fix the issue and will let the phone lay flat. I added a magnetic case that has helped, but didn't fix the issue.
Sponsored

Bash1990

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Software Developer
I think the giant ipad in the dash looks ridiculous, but that's just the way new vehicles are going.

I wish a supercab + 6ft bed option was available for the non-raptors.

Get rid of the stupid antenna please, somehow.

fordtrks4ever

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Retired
Con:
Ship the trucks blend date 2/01 or tell us the real reason for the delay in shipping.

Wish I had my Ranger to see pro's and con's.

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
Coming from a BMW, which IMO has the industry best software/UX/control sets, the Ford UX is a bit of a mess. It's like their overall UX team hasn't spent more than a few minutes at a time in the car.

There's 1000 different ways to configure drive modes and no way to save any preferences, outside of the one "R" mode. But the "R" mode doesn't have a toggle feature, so if you're driving around normally, but want to use your "R" settings for full sport, then you have to switch 5 different settings back to normal.

Giant center screen is dumb in general. It should be mounted higher off the dash for visibility like the MachE. There's very few buttons on the center stack and half of them control shit you're never going to use. Who is turning off A/C, changing recirc, or changing fan speed, in a car with climate control? Those buttons already exist 2" above on the center screen. I would much rather have heated seat/steering wheel buttons or a dedicated 360 camera button.

Where there isn't a lack of buttons is the steering wheel. There's 22 different buttons on the wheel (not counting the paddles or stalks), and almost half of them are just for controlling autonomous/safety features.

Lane Centering is bad on any road that's not pretty straight and its already yelled at me multiple times to keep my hands on the wheel, when I have my hands planted firmly on the wheel.

The Off-road screen on the center stack takes at least 10 seconds to fully boot up.

The haptics in the Mode Control knob sound like its already broken.

For some reason not all of the configurable dash screens are available in MyView.

There's no one touch windows in the back seats in a $60,000 truck.

Non software things: My driver's door doesn't line up very well and the leather on the seat does not look like its going to hold up long term.

Overall, still very happy with the truck, but in classic Ford fashion, its a bit of a mess.

1986YellowRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
The antenna is stupid; Removed the rear vents to save a few bucks; Driver has to reach across the shifter to get to the cup holder; No push-button start unless you buy the $50K model; 2.7L STILL not available; Engine bay looks like a bunch of squid died under the hood; No extended bed available.

Sponsored

G L Rockwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma off road
Occupation
self
Curious why the FM/AM antenna can't be a low profile like the 150's and SD or only a fin like toyota.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
No 60/40 split back seat. No upgrade over 10 speaker b&o system, no good color optionson raptor, no black chrome exhaust tips on raptor, no rear air vents in console, no moonroof option, no long bed option.

SCFast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 RRaptor, '22 Ford Bronco, '18 Raptor Prior
Curious why the FM/AM antenna can't be a low profile like the 150's and SD or only a fin like toyota.
I forgive you for not noticing but to get that low profile antenna on the 150 and 250 you have a Fender antenna, Pick your poison. Most vehicles that have low profile fins have their FM/AM antennas integrated into the glass or stuck on the fender/cowl.

FarelaneF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
I forgive you for not noticing but to get that low profile antenna on the 150 and 250 you have a Fender antenna, Pick your poison, also most vehicles that have low profile fins have their FM/AM antennas integrated into the glass or stuck on the fender/cowl.
I'm the only dude that doesn't seem to mind the radio-controlled-car stock antenna, hahahaha

Sponsored

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Big gap in trim in between FX4 and Ranger Raptor…. Easy fix with the reintroduction of the Tremor package? One cab/bed configuration is a big fail. That literal shortcoming alone has me considering a Tacoma, and I’m sure I’m not alone. Sunroof? Now that Toyota is bringing the Trailhunter to market, I’d love to see Ford offer an overland truck truck too.

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)

cc1999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford 2dr Bronco / 2021 RAM TRX
J-braces should be standard or rather just part of the bed production process, rather then an added cost after thought sort of thing.

Would love to see some interior options on the Raptor, maybe an orange delete, or possibly a limited style ultra premium leather interior with all super high quality materials, still minus the bright orange trim. More like the F150‘s limited interior. I love everything about the Raptor exterior design, and mechanical / suspension / off-road features / etc, just would like some interior choices that are not so loud , more premium options in stead for the interior, like cooled seats rear climate vents, etc.
Sponsored