• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Tremor in 2025?

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 ranger, 94explor, 16 Focus RS, 21 Bronco, 24 RR
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
Has anyone heard anything about a Tremor model?
Crickets.

My guess is they are feeling out the market prior to adding more trims. Looking at Ranger order numbers, it is not as popular as the Bronco or Maverick. Now those were brand new model introductions, but to have less than 2,000 orders for Rangers. I don't see them adding new trim levels yet. Eventually I'm sure they will.

The current buzz is that 2.7L option.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Iā€™m sure Fords Ranger number are down partially because the lack of trim options (only 4 including the RR) and only one bed/cab configuration. Not having a Tremor package to fill the large gap between FX4 and RR arenā€™t helping sales number either.

Personally Iā€™m waiting to see what Ranger options will be available in ā€˜25. I too want a Tremor and am really hopeful for a SuperCrew with a 6ā€™ bed as well. The 6G Ranger is the best midsize truck on the market, but not with the limited offerings when compared to the Tacoma.

While the 4G Tacoma is leaps and bounds better than the outgoing model, its rear seat legroom is still lacking. But 7 trims, 3 cab/bed configurations, manual option, hybrid optionā€¦ Toyota has something for almost everyone. The Ranger could easily take the midsize crown if had the same variety.

We know the 2.7 engine is coming in ā€˜25. A Tremor with 2.7 under the hood would be amazing? A 2.3 hybrid would also be a perfect fit to go up against the the Trailhunter? Hopefully weā€™ll know more about the ā€˜25 Ranger by September or October at the latest.

Last edited:

telenerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, Subaru Crosstrek
A tremor would push the Raptor up in price. I would say no!

Sponsored

CherryCoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 ranger, 94explor, 16 Focus RS, 21 Bronco, 24 RR
Occupation
Drinking CherryCoke
IMHO, I just don't see the demand to have more trim levels yet.
Cab configuration is a different story.

The tremor was offered only after year 3 of the 5g ranger(2021). $4,200 option on top of the XLT or Lariat. Fox 2.0 Suspension, wheel/tire upgrades and had interior changes.

It won't be a $4,200 option whenever they release it again.

Adding the tremor to the line up is probably in their plans which in my opinion wont see until the 2026 model year. With on going price increase on most models, if added the Ranger Raptor will probably jump up to the 60s.

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
Ford doesn't have the manufacturing capacity to compete with the Tacoma and I seriously doubt they want to anyway. They would much rather sell you an F-150. It's the same old story.

jeffers

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger FX4, Mk7 GTI
Iā€™m sure Fords Ranger number are down partially because the lack of trim options (only 4 including the RR) and only one bed/cab configuration. Not having a Tremor package to fill the large gap between FX4 and RR arenā€™t helping sales number either.

Personally Iā€™m waiting to see what Ranger options will be available in ā€˜25. I too want a Tremor and am really hopeful for a SuperCrew with a 6ā€™ bed as well. The 6G Ranger is the best midsize truck on the market, but not with the limited offerings when compared to the Tacoma.

While the 4G Tacoma is leaps and bounds better than the outgoing model, its rear seat legroom is still lacking. But 7 trims, 3 cab/bed configurations, manual option, hybrid optionā€¦ Toyota has something for almost everyone. The Ranger could easily take the midsize crown if had the same variety.

We know the 2.7 engine is coming in ā€˜25. A Tremor with 2.7 under the hood would be amazing? A 2.3 hybrid would also be a perfect fit to go up against the the Trailhunter? Hopefully weā€™ll know more about the ā€˜25 Ranger by September or October at the latest.
The new Tacoma isn't selling great either, I think its just the current market.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
The huge increase in price to the midsize mkt isn't helping it sell with inflation rising prices on everything else.

The Tacoma really saw a price increase.

A once more practical size and price for many.. this segment is getting too big, fancy, and pricey.

I think the maverick hurts the ranger quite a bit, by offering a much more affordable truck to those just needing a bed on occasion. It's way cheaper and more economical.

I could see midisize struggling a bit in this mkt as the prices will drive people to the maverick size trucks or many will just go buy a full size instead.

I love my rraptor, but I get it is not practical for many.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Yeah I havenā€™t seen sales numbers but Iā€™m on the Tacom4G forum too and the Tacoma has a few issues not helping salesā€¦ Toyota thinks pretty highly of their truck and many think pricing is too high for the market to start (and thatā€™s not including ADM either). Then lots of quality issues with paint and interior fit and finish. Last but not least theyā€™ve had supplier problems forcing them to shut down the line multiple times in Mexico.

I just ran across this CarScoops article about greedy Toyota dealersā€¦https://www.carscoops.com/2024/05/t...tacoma-trailhunter-one-asks-11k-over-sticker/
I already think theyā€™re overpriced, I canā€™t imagine paying more than MSRP!

Last edited:

Sponsored

LFRR13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline

More variation doesn't guarantee more orders or more sales. You're just pulling from somewhere else....actual conquest buys is typically a fraction of overall sales. I'd wager the Tacoma sales (outside of rental or corporate fleets) skews heavily towards 4 doors & the short bed. Variety typically leads to decision paralysis. How many people you think ACTUALLY buy the singe cab/manual/long bed option on a Tacoma?

You also don't need 1-to-1 competition. Toyota splits the Raptor competition into the Trailhunter & TRD Pro Off-Road. Toyota also doesn't have anything that competes with the Maverick, and the Santa Fe is selling a fraction of what Ford sells. It's easy to see that Toyota is using the Tacoma and it's variety to cover both Maverick & Ranger competition, even if sizing doesn't lineup exactly.

I think the 2.7 in FX4 & Tremor trims would fill in the Ranger lineup nicely. No need for additional cab & bed configurations outside of some large fleet purchases. But then again, I am sure those fleets (and Ford) benefit more from the least expensive singe-cab/long-bed F150.

gdub

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger FX4
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer.
I and quite a few other people are waiting for a Supercab. If Ford doesn't build one in 2025, I may be looking for a 5G FX4 and build my own Tremor equivalent.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
More variation doesn't guarantee more orders or more sales. You're just pulling from somewhere else....actual conquest buys is typically a fraction of overall sales. I'd wager the Tacoma sales (outside of rental or corporate fleets) skews heavily towards 4 doors & the short bed. Variety typically leads to decision paralysis. How many people you think ACTUALLY buy the singe cab/manual/long bed option on a Tacoma?

You also don't need 1-to-1 competition. Toyota splits the Raptor competition into the Trailhunter & TRD Pro Off-Road. Toyota also doesn't have anything that competes with the Maverick, and the Santa Fe is selling a fraction of what Ford sells. It's easy to see that Toyota is using the Tacoma and it's variety to cover both Maverick & Ranger competition, even if sizing doesn't lineup exactly.

I think the 2.7 in FX4 & Tremor trims would fill in the Ranger lineup nicely. No need for additional cab & bed configurations outside of some large fleet purchases. But then again, I am sure those fleets (and Ford) benefit more from the least expensive singe-cab/long-bed F150.
While I do agree that the sweet spot in every brand participating in the midsize truck market is crewcab with a 5ā€™ bed. Obviously, itā€™s the one theyā€™re all selling. Iā€™m speaking from my own point of view.

In the last 30 years Iā€™ve only owned/driven two Ford trucks (both purchased new). A ā€˜94 Ranger XLT SuperCab and a ā€˜02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew. Since all full-size trucks have grown in dimension and price, Iā€™m sure that a midsize truck will best meet my needs if in a crewcab/longbed configuration. With that said, right off bat, the Ranger and GM twins are not an option. Granted, Iā€™m part of that smaller percentage you spoke of. Regardless, Iā€™ll likely be leaving the brand due to the lack of cab/bed configuration and highly successful trim (Tremor) that is no longer offered. Iā€™ll wait and see what will be offered in ā€˜25 and go from there. Competition is especially good for the consumer. I just wish the midsize market had more of it. Right now it seems that only Toyota is making a midsize truck the appeals to most everyoneā€™s needs and personal preferences.

As for the compact truck segment, that's a whole differ story. Ford absolutely knocked it out of the park with the Maverick. Not sure why more competition isnā€™t there, but kudos to Ford for its success.

Last edited:

pablo94sc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
The Tacoma lacking sales is likely from how horrible the truck interior is. I sat in one at the car show and compared to the Ranger and Colorado/Canyon, it's a huge step down in terms of looks, comfort, and room. The price certainly isn't helping it either. Granted I'm biased, but Toyota interiors stagnated in the early 90's, and never recovered after their atrocious early 00's designs.

Ever sit in the back of a new Camry? Neither can my kid. The headrest pushes forward into the back of his head so much that his chin almost touches his chest. Total shit show, IMO.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
100% agree about the Tacoma interior. While I donā€™t hate it, itā€™s my second to least favor. The Nissan Frontier barely keeps up with everyone elseā€™s outgoing model. The Tacomaā€™s rear seat legroom is still one of the worst too. Itā€™s a common complaint on the Tacoma4G forum. Personally I like the Ford interior the most with the GM twins in second. Hands down the Ranger has the most comfortable back seat.
Sponsored