• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Why are you upgrading your truck?

c5ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ranger
Occupation
n/a
Coming for a 2009 F150 Fx4 with only 70k miles, been a great truck.. Just want some of the new tech stuff
Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I'm surprised by how many people are coming from full-size trucks. I would think it would be hard to downsize all that space and cargo capacity once you're used to it.

RangerFX4

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Steel Buyer
Coming from a 2009 Ranger. Love it, just bored with it. My luck I'll get a new one with issues and wish I would've kept it.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
My Maverick was always intended as a place holder that wasn’t ideal fit for my needs for something smaller than our 2018 F150 that we love but is overkill for 90% of my truck uses.

Also bought it as insurance against getting locked out of the market for a basic reliable and affordable mid-size and being forced to buy a way too expensive replacement for my Rangers I had before that now are loaded with Nanny tech and features I have no use for.

I have work arounds to make the most of the Maverick but hoping to find a mid size that fits the sweet spot between the F-150 and Maverick.

Sponsored

wmnassif

First Name
Walid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger raptor
Occupation
Physician
I have a low mileage 2018 Colorado zr2 diesel. Great rock crawler and maneuverability in the woods. BUT very slow acceleration in town, and dated interior. The power of the ranger raptor while still retaining dual lockers is VERY enticing. I jus won’t pay a markup though. So I’m staying put for now. I would upgrade for MSRP!

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their car's in the easiest way possible.
My 2014 Raptor is starting to feel old and outdated. I'd like something smaller, faster, more capable, more comfortable, and more practical. The Ranger Raptor fits the bill to the tee.
Good call. Are you considering selling it? 2014 isn't too bad and you could still get some for your truck if the mileage and condition are fair.

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Going from a 2019 Ram Rebel to the 2024 Ranger Lariat FX4. Love my truck and nothing wrong with it except 18mpg, like to get something that will get 25mpg.
I've had my Tremor Ranger for two years and keep meticulous records. I drive 74 on the highways and don't gun it in town. My average for those two years is 19 and on the highway, if I'm out of the city and can just put the cruise on, it will do about 22. Not sure how much of a bump you're expecting to see; 18 for your current truck doesn't seem too bad, unless you drive a LOT of miles to make up for it.

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
I've had my Tremor Ranger for two years and keep meticulous records. I drive 74 on the highways and don't gun it in town. My average for those two years is 19 and on the highway, if I'm out of the city and can just put the cruise on, it will do about 22. Not sure how much of a bump you're expecting to see; 18 for your current truck doesn't seem too bad, unless you drive a LOT of miles to make up for it.

18 is my avg for both city and hwy so anything in the low to mid 20's will be good for me.

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
18 is my avg for both city and hwy so anything in the low to mid 20's will be good for me.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I'm not a leadfoot and with the 2.4L, I'm only getting 19 combined for the 25 months I've had it. I'm not dissatisfied with that but I'd hate to see someone thinking they were going to get much better than that.

Sponsored

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
You are in the US so your 19 works out to 23 here in Canada so close to the 25.

Fes29

First Name
Leester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota N130 (2nd Gen), Honda EF8, BMW E82
Occupation
Creative Content Producer
I had to sell my custom lifted 2008 F350 Superduty V10 a while ago for peanuts. So I want to get my truck back but upgrade as well. I picked up a 1991 2nd Gen 4Runner to keep me busy until those Ranger Raptors are available.
Ford Ranger Why are you upgrading your truck? IMG_3962

Ford Ranger Why are you upgrading your truck? IMG_6593

Ford Ranger Why are you upgrading your truck? IMG_6593

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Powerboost King Ranch, 2024 HPR Ranger Raptor
My wife has a powerboost F150 and I have 2 feet with sketchers. It will be much easier to get around with a new Raptor.

Reactions: MJE

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
Good call. Are you considering selling it? 2014 isn't too bad and you could still get some for your truck if the mileage and condition are fair.
Unsure. Might sell it, might trade it in, or might hold onto it. Probably one of the first two. It's currently got 73k on it and I'd say it's in superb condition for Michigan.

TimmyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
You are in the US so your 19 works out to 23 here in Canada so close to the 25.
OHHHHHHHHHH, I didn't realize you were using imperial gallons! I knew you calculate mileage differently (gallons per 100?) but didn't realize the gallons were different, as well! Carry on, son. ;)
Sponsored