• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
XL price is pretty good for 4x4 at 34k. Hard to beat really. I think xlt sport is what masses will buy mostly so im curious where that starts at. The raptor will be out most peoples price range, curious how many they plan to make and if its short run will tremor ever come? Id like see tremor in this gen. Chevy is brining the bison, toyota is brining the trailhunter, and trd pro of course.
Sponsored

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
What trim level is the Auto 4X4 available in? Only option I honestly Need in my opinion. If someone actually is in the know, please let me know. Thanks!!
According to all the pictures posted online that 4A mode is only available in the Raptor. That's ridiculous considering the overseas model had 4A as an option on the Sport and up. Even the F150 has it on at least the Lariat.

I gotta hand it to GM, they give it to you on the WT and up on the Colorado. Heck GM has had auto 4wd as an option on low-mid trim trucks since the feature was developed. My old '00 Sierra SLE had auto 4wd. I've had it on every truck since then and refuse to have one without it.

Last edited:

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So no 6ft bed. So this is gonna be nothing more than an updated Explorer Sport Trac. Pretty useless as a truck.
hilarious. The amount people that even use the full 6 is smaller than you think.

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
According to all the pictures posted online that 4A mode is only available in the Raptor. That's ridiculous considering the overseas model had 4A as an option on the Sport and up. Even the F150 has it on at least the Lariat.

I gotta hand it to GM, they give it to you on the LT and up on the Colorado. Heck GM has had auto 4wd as an option on low-mid trim trucks since the feature was developed. My old '00 Sierra SLE had auto 4wd. I've had it on every truck since then and refuse to have one without it.
Thats big zonk...... Ridiculous even.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Still hoping that 4A will be available.
So I went to the Ford site and they clearly show a pic of the selector Without 4A, so it's looking as if it won't be available. That really surprises me, especially since it could easily be included and it's a legitimate safety feature. On my last truck, I used it all the time when the roads were 1/2 snow, 1/2 dry. Without 4A, I have to drive with my hand on the selector at all times and quickly switch to 4H the instant I lose traction.......but that's a pretty sketchy solution.

Reactions: MJE

Sponsored

embedded rock

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Scab 4X4 XLT 5.0
Occupation
Half not working and half retired
Before my current F150 with 6.5ft bed, I ran a Frontier crew-cab with the 5 foot bed for over 11 years following a 2500HD crew-cab with 6.5 foot bed. The Frontier served well and would be fine going back to that size bed after my F150.

Cometcatbird

First Name
Bridget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape 2012/F150 2013
Occupation
Field Service Mining

I gotta hand it to GM, they give it to you on the WT and up on the Colorado. Heck GM has had auto 4wd as an option on low-mid trim trucks since the feature was developed. My old '00 Sierra SLE had auto 4wd. I've had it on every truck since then and refuse to have one without it.
I've been waiting for the 4A option for awhile... the old 2012 Escape will have to due for awhile longer. Love Ford, not sure what other models have 4A... will need to do more research. Lame...

Reactions: MJE

chrisa6844

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor and 1992 Ford F150 Nite
Occupation
Parts salesman
Before my current F150 with 6.5ft bed, I ran a Frontier crew-cab with the 5 foot bed for over 11 years following a 2500HD crew-cab with 6.5 foot bed. The Frontier served well and would be fine going back to that size bed after my F150.
That’s pretty interesting. I love my 8ft bed f150 for work, but our maverick has been pretty useful for grocery getting. I’m still playing with the idea of the 5ft bed being useful, but I think there’s some value in that size.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
XL price is pretty good for 4x4 at 34k. Hard to beat really. I think xlt sport is what masses will buy mostly so im curious where that starts at. The raptor will be out most peoples price range, curious how many they plan to make and if its short run will tremor ever come? Id like see tremor in this gen. Chevy is brining the bison, toyota is brining the trailhunter, and trd pro of course.
The XL 4x4 SuperCrew is $3k more then today's comparable model. Is there $3k more equipment, features and powertrain improvements in there? Not sure.

Sponsored

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The XL 4x4 SuperCrew is $3k more then today's comparable model. Is there $3k more equipment, features and powertrain improvements in there? Not sure.

The 2023 Colorado is 1k more WT 4x4

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
side not ram drops the ball for 10000tht time.

TheQuixotic1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick, 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV.
Occupation
ATC
I'm really at a loss of the more that you're asking for other than more paint. Patents have shown the electric/hybrid is on the way. We've seen Screw long beds, Tremor access cabs, even a hybrid being tested in the US. Ford's not going to give us everything right off the bat, nobody ever has.

An F150 engine in a Ranger is a HUGE deal. Trailer BLIS is something that puts the Rangers ahead of the competition in towing. 400W power to run your house during a blackout? 4" more rear legroom? Hang their hat on that? Absolutely. It's a massive jump from the 5G. What substantial tech does the competition have that the Ranger doesn't? Underbody go-pros? That's not innovative. Land Rover's been doing it for years.
Somewhat serious question asked in a silly way: If the F-150 engine isn't moving the needle on towing capability from 7500 in the 2.3l, what's the perk outside of "faster vroom vroom?"

The more I am asking for is the idea that this reveal is supposed to serve as a statement about where Ford sees both themselves and the midsize truck market going. It is well and good to be working on hybrids and long beds, but Ford needed to show those off at the reveal; even if they had a caveat similar to the 2.7l engine's late availability with a "model year 2025 availability." Toyota could come out and say their hybrid is late availability or next year availability, but it doesn't matter because it becomes their known trajectory.

400w is enough to run a laptop, not a house. More legroom, BLIS towing, and a 360 camera are great, but they aren't statements about where they're going with this massive aesthetic redesign. And this reveal will fizzle in the face of the Tacoma's.

TheQuixotic1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick, 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV.
Occupation
ATC
Considering "Shelter Green" is a color option for the Ranger Raptor, I'd guess you'd be more likely to see that trickle down into the regular lineup versus Eruption Green. I'm with you on the cooled seats though. They were used heavily in my 2010 F150 Lariat. Would be very odd if it's not even an option in a 2024 model year truck.
Per Raiti's Rides video: no ventilated seats, even in the Lariat trim level. What an absolute disappointment!