• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor, longbed and more color options will almost certainly be announced at a later date. RoW didn't have the tremor at launch, longbed has been spied in camo multiple times, and color options chance each year.

I agree with some other commenters. We have all been obsessively browsing this forum for 2 years so of course we already knew basically everything here. Almost nothing here is a surprise but at least we have a hard date for order banks.

That being said I'm very excited. The creature comforts in the ranger seem to be better than the GM twins. If you can get over Ford's less-aggressive grille styling compared to the overly-aggressive lines of the GM/Tacoma, i think this truck will probably be superior in most ways.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
2.7l available. :clap: Do I get to say, "I told you so" to all the nay-sayers. No....I won't do that. That would be petty. :crackup:
Really surprised they included the Pro-trailer assist and auto-parking features. But super surprised the Lariat pictures didn't show a 4A. It didn't even cross my mind that it wouldn't be included, especially when all the hardware is already there and it's just a programming add.
Still three items I'm waiting to see if they will be available. Power rear window, memory seats/mirrors and heated steering wheel. The heated steering wheel is just a "want" and I can do without. The rear power window is almost a "need", but the memory function is a "must-have".
I think the memory function is available, as one of the pics looks to have it. Just need confirmation.

Ford Ranger All-New 2024 Ford Ranger Officially Debuts for North America! $34,160 Starting Price All-New Ford Ranger Lariat_13_Pro Trailer Back Up Assist

TheQuixotic1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick, 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV.
Occupation
ATC
I ask this genuinely, what else were you hoping for?

Most people wanted was the B/P, which I get. I'm let down by that not being immediately available too. But people on this site specifically, not TRS or R5G, have known nearly everything that was coming for quite some time. It's like a Marvel fan who finds out all the plot points before the release. By the time the movie actually comes out, you're either disappointed because you already knew the spoilers.

Point being, we know there's more stuff coming. When has a car ever been launched with 100% of its features known and available? Never.
I was hoping for more than what they gave us, that's for sure. Outside of the Raptor, what features can Ford brag about vs the competition in this reveal? One more engine option that will be available somewhere down the line? BLIS for trailers? 400w power? Is that really what they want to hang their hats on for a reveal?

I'm desperately hoping they will be adding more colors to the mix, because their colorizer right now is showing: grey, grey, grey, silver, white, black, hot pepper red, and velocity blue. 3 different forms of grey?! Don't get me wrong, I like and appreciate the azure grey and cactus grey, but "come on man!"

We haven't known everything, we've speculated on everything. We go off what they put out into the world with their test mules, we try to extrapolate from past interviews, and we see what ROW has had and try to make sense of it for the American market. When test mules show different colors, when past interviews talk about hybrid drivetrains, when ROW has a substantially larger gas tank, and when the reveal gives none of that while the competition has announced it? Yeah, that's a disappointing reveal.

No Eruption Green? Makes me sad man...

I'm not thrilled with the looks of any of these. The GM twins look better to me, but maybe it will look different in real life.

I also didn't see any references to cooled seats being an option? With it available on the GM twins, it would be strange to leave it out here.
I am holding out hope for Eruption Green considering we have seen test mules with different colors than what they have listed currently on the launch page.

I am also holding out hope for cooled seats because, in the center console image of the Lariat, the seat buttons don't have a fixed heat icon on them; so hopefully that means three levels of red for warm and three levels of blue for cool. That is a BIG feature for me and me chronically-toasty buns. :LOL:

Cometcatbird

First Name
Bridget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape 2012/F150 2013
Occupation
Field Service Mining
What trim level is the Auto 4X4 available in? Only option I honestly Need in my opinion. If someone actually is in the know, please let me know. Thanks!!

Reactions: MJE

Sponsored

TheQuixotic1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick, 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV.
Occupation
ATC
2.7l available. :clap: Do I get to say, "I told you so" to all the nay-sayers. No....I won't do that. That would be petty. :crackup:
Really surprised they included the Pro-trailer assist and auto-parking features. But super surprised the Lariat pictures didn't show a 4A. It didn't even cross my mind that it wouldn't be included, especially when all the hardware is already there and it's just a programming add.
Still three items I'm waiting to see if they will be available. Power rear window, memory seats/mirrors and heated steering wheel. The heated steering wheel is just a "want" and I can do without. The rear power window is almost a "need", but the memory function is a "must-have".
I think the memory function is available, as one of the pics looks to have it. Just need confirmation.

All-New Ford Ranger Lariat_13_Pro Trailer Back Up Assist.jpg
TFL's video and @All Terrain Nation have mentioned the power rear window on the Raptor, so I would imagine that would at least make its way to the Lariat trim.

Also, judging by one of the Lariat images, it appears that the driver's side heated seat and heated steering wheel might be linked together and not separate:
Ford Ranger All-New 2024 Ford Ranger Officially Debuts for North America! $34,160 Starting Price 1683728538329

Hopefully the default seat icons not showing heat waves coming off them means ventilated will be available as well.

Update: @DHH here is a screen grab from Pickup Truck Plus SUV Talk's youtube video of the Lariat and it does look like memory seat:
Ford Ranger All-New 2024 Ford Ranger Officially Debuts for North America! $34,160 Starting Price 1683729219808

Last edited:

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler

In some of the Youtube videos it was mentioned that the power rear window was standard (at least on the XLT and Lariat if I remember correctly), there are three memory seat options, and a heated steering wheel was mentioned on the Lariat I believe.

embedded rock

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Scab 4X4 XLT 5.0
Occupation
Half not working and half retired

A power sliding rear window is mentioned at the Ford website.

Ford Ranger All-New 2024 Ford Ranger Officially Debuts for North America! $34,160 Starting Price Screenshot_20230510-092624

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
TFL's video and @All Terrain Nation have mentioned the power rear window on the Raptor, so I would imagine that would at least make its way to the Lariat trim.

Also, judging by one of the Lariat images, it appears that the driver's side heated seat and heated steering wheel might be linked together and not separate:
1683728538329.png

Hopefully the default seat icons not showing heat waves coming off them means ventilated will be available as well.
Excellent! Thanks for the info guys.
2.7l Lariat is looking good. Still hoping that 4A will be available.
Now I just have to get over the lame "H" on the front end and I'll be good.

Reactions: MJE

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Tremor, longbed and more color options will almost certainly be announced at a later date. RoW didn't have the tremor at launch, longbed has been spied in camo multiple times, and color options chance each year.

I agree with some other commenters. We have all been obsessively browsing this forum for 2 years so of course we already knew basically everything here. Almost nothing here is a surprise but at least we have a hard date for order banks.

That being said I'm very excited. The creature comforts in the ranger seem to be better than the GM twins. If you can get over Ford's less-aggressive grille styling compared to the overly-aggressive lines of the GM/Tacoma, i think this truck will probably be superior in most ways.
I'm not sure if we'll ever see the long bed, but they have been testing one so it's possible at some point. I wouldn't expect a Tremor until the 2026 model year if they do one at all. My guess is they are going to try to move those buyers up to a much more expensive Raptor. The FX4 will probably be ok, but I really like my 2022 Tremor so that's what I would want. The Raptor would be awesome, but I bet with any options that thing will be knocking on $70k.

Sponsored

chrisa6844

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor and 1992 Ford F150 Nite
Occupation
Parts salesman
I’m still holding out hope for the 6ft bed option. I’m sure at this point we won’t get it till the next model year or farther, but it doesn’t hurt to hope.
I’m definitely going to be in the market for the Tacoma now though, seeing as we know that we will get more from Toyota.

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
I am holding out hope for Eruption Green considering we have seen test mules with different colors than what they have listed currently on the launch page.

I am also holding out hope for cooled seats because, in the center console image of the Lariat, the seat buttons don't have a fixed heat icon on them; so hopefully that means three levels of red for warm and three levels of blue for cool. That is a BIG feature for me and me chronically-toasty buns. :LOL:
Considering "Shelter Green" is a color option for the Ranger Raptor, I'd guess you'd be more likely to see that trickle down into the regular lineup versus Eruption Green. I'm with you on the cooled seats though. They were used heavily in my 2010 F150 Lariat. Would be very odd if it's not even an option in a 2024 model year truck.

DirtyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger
I was hoping for more than what they gave us, that's for sure. Outside of the Raptor, what features can Ford brag about vs the competition in this reveal? One more engine option that will be available somewhere down the line? BLIS for trailers? 400w power? Is that really what they want to hang their hats on for a reveal?

I'm desperately hoping they will be adding more colors to the mix, because their colorizer right now is showing: grey, grey, grey, silver, white, black, hot pepper red, and velocity blue. 3 different forms of grey?! Don't get me wrong, I like and appreciate the azure grey and cactus grey, but "come on man!"

We haven't known everything, we've speculated on everything. We go off what they put out into the world with their test mules, we try to extrapolate from past interviews, and we see what ROW has had and try to make sense of it for the American market. When test mules show different colors, when past interviews talk about hybrid drivetrains, when ROW has a substantially larger gas tank, and when the reveal gives none of that while the competition has announced it? Yeah, that's a disappointing reveal.
I'm really at a loss of the more that you're asking for other than more paint. Patents have shown the electric/hybrid is on the way. We've seen Screw long beds, Tremor access cabs, even a hybrid being tested in the US. Ford's not going to give us everything right off the bat, nobody ever has.

An F150 engine in a Ranger is a HUGE deal. Trailer BLIS is something that puts the Rangers ahead of the competition in towing. 400W power to run your house during a blackout? 4" more rear legroom? Hang their hat on that? Absolutely. It's a massive jump from the 5G. What substantial tech does the competition have that the Ranger doesn't? Underbody go-pros? That's not innovative. Land Rover's been doing it for years.

embedded rock

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Scab 4X4 XLT 5.0
Occupation
Half not working and half retired
My little 5-cup coffee maker requires 650 watts. I've never tried it with the 400 watt power in my F150.

I have a deep cycle battery with solar and 1k watt inverter for camping times.

GregV

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F150; 17 Mazda CX5
ALL-NEW FORD RANGER IS THE MOST CONNECTED AND CAPABLE RANGER EVER – TOUGH-TESTED GLOBALLY AND PROVEN READY FOR EPIC ADVENTURES
MAY 10, 2023 | DEARBORN
Ford Ranger All-New 2024 Ford Ranger Officially Debuts for North America! $34,160 Starting Price {filename}

• Ford raises the bar again for midsize truck customers seeking adventure with a fully redesigned 2024 Ford Ranger® engineered Built Ford Tough®, with a standard 2.3-liter EcoBoost® engine and more powerful available 2.7-liter EcoBoost® V6*, plus new driver assist technologies and features to make driving easier both on- or off-road
  • Ranger offers available advanced towing technology, including class-exclusive** Pro Trailer Backup Assist, an integrated trailer brake controller and 360-degree camera to make off-roading and trailer backing easier; it also improves over time with over-the-air updates
  • Get gear to the next adventure with new features like an available Integrated Box Side Step, new fold-flat rear seats to easily carry big stuff in the cab, greater width between the wheel wells to flat-carry cargo up to four feet wide, plus in-bed and in-cab outlets provide the ability to power various tools and devices
  • Ford is the No. 1 selling pickup manufacturer globally*** and the all-new Ranger is a key part of Ford’s winning global truck portfolio. Ranger is sold in more than 180 markets around the world

DEARBORN, Mich., May 10, 2023 – Proven globally to be ready for adventure, the all-new 2024 Ford Ranger pickup is made to enable owners to do more of what they love outdoors, with smart new features to explore new places and take on new challenges. It’s the most connected and capable Ranger ever and the only midsize pickup Built Ford Tough.

Ford has engineered each aspect of the all-new Ranger to meet the uncompromising demands of its adventure-craving customers, including its frame, suspension, powertrains, connectivity, and advanced driver assist software.

The Ford brand sold more than 1 million pickups around the world in 2022 and part of that sales success comes from Ranger. In the last decade Ranger sales have increased 112 percent globally, with over 86,000 sold so far this year.

The previous generation 2023 Ranger was recently recognized by Kelley Blue Book® for having the lowest five-year total cost of ownership in the midsize pickup truck segment when accounting for insurance, maintenance costs, fuel costs, and depreciation.
To meet the evolving needs of its adventure-seeking North American customers, the all-new 2024 Ford Ranger now offers more towing technology than ever in a Ranger, convenient storage features, plus an available 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6* for added power.

Ranger Ready
The foundation of Ranger backcountry readiness is durability and reliability. To ensure the all-new Ford Ranger is Built Ford Tough, it’s been tested with the equivalent of more than 4.9 million customer miles prior to launch – from broken road surfaces in Australia, to harsh hauling, brutal towing and hot testing in America, and cold testing in New Zealand.

Ford Ranger All-New 2024 Ford Ranger Officially Debuts for North America! $34,160 Starting Price {filename}

In designing the backbone of Ranger, Ford engineers improved the truck’s fully boxed high-strength steel frame, with the wheelbase and track both stretched about two inches to provide more bed space and improved stability while remaining easy to navigate on trails.

The rear shocks and shock mounts have also been moved outboard of the frame rails for improved ride and control. All versions of the Ranger also benefit off-road from improved ground clearance and better approach and departure angles.

From day trips to multi-day journeys, the all-new Ranger is ready to bring gear to wherever the next adventure lies, with a maximum available towing capacity of 7,500 pounds and maximum available payload capacity of 1,805 pounds††.

To power these adventures, the proven 2.3-liter EcoBoost continues as the standard engine, developing 270 horsepower and 310 lb.-ft. of torque†††, and Ranger will offer the available 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6* shared with F-150® and Bronco®, which produces 315 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque††† to provide customers more power when towing, passing, and off-roading. All Rangers come with a standard class-exclusive** 10-speed automatic SelectShift® transmission and an available electronic shift-on-the-fly 4x4 system built for on-demand off-road and low traction capability.

More Ranger, More Ready
The all-new Ranger introduces more clever storage and useful features for owners, like an available wireless charger‡ for mobile devices, a large center console storage bin, big door pockets designed for quick access to frequently used tools and other items, and an available second, upper glovebox to store even more gear. Ranger also has improved second-row storage with under-seat rear cargo bins optimized to make it easy to stash stuff. New fold-flat rear seatbacks help with loading and moving large objects, from coolers to large screen TVs, plus there’s room behind the seats to keep tools and other equipment.

The new interior features upgraded materials and textures, improved fit and finish, and more purposeful technology. The experience starts with a standard 8-inch digital instrument cluster or available full-screen 12.4-inch cluster and is complemented by a standard 10.1-inch or best-in-class** available 12-inch center touchscreen with Ford’s SYNC®4A system, which puts smart and connected features at your fingertips. Ranger includes a standard embedded 4G LTE modem and the convenience of features built into FordPass® Connect‡‡.

With just a touch, drivers can access dedicated screens for drive modes, off-road data, navigation, music, and other vehicle controls. The center screen is also linked to the available 360-degree camera to help make parking a breeze or to assist when negotiating particularly tricky terrain while out exploring. Physical buttons and knobs below the screen simplify controlling commonly accessed features like climate control and radio volume.

Devices can be easily charged with two USB ports in the cab and an available wireless charge pad‡. Ranger also gets better over time with over-the-air updates adding new features and capabilities to enhance the customer experience.

At night to help set up a campsite with ease, Ranger now has available Zone Lighting that can be controlled through the in-vehicle touchscreen or FordPass® App‡‡‡, plus available bed lighting helps owners find their gear in dark conditions.

Driving on a trail can be difficult. Driving to it doesn’t have to be. There are 31 standard or available driver assist features for Ranger, the most available driver assist features in its class.** These include BLIS® with Trailer Coverage§ to help alert drivers to vehicles in blind spots and Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go§. A new, intuitive-to-use short-throw E-shifter on Lariat 4x4 enables Ranger to offer driver assist features such as available class-exclusive** Active Park Assist 2.0§, which is a fully-automated system to help customers parallel and perpendicular park in tight spots and class-exclusive** Pro Trailer Backup Assist§ and Trailer Reverse Guidance§, which uses cameras to show angles and monitor conditions surrounding the truck, and provides real-time coaching on how to maneuver the trailer.

The bed gets an available Integrated Box Side Step behind the rear tires, big enough to fit both feet, creating a strong, stable way to access everything in the cargo box. There’s also an available 400-Watt power inverter with an outlet in the bed to make running a grill for tailgating, an air compressor for filling tires, or other tools for the trail a snap. The redesigned tailgate also doubles as a workbench with an integrated ruler and clamp pockets. Two inches of added track width have benefits in the bed as well, with more than four feet of width between the wheel wells, which makes loading bulky cargo like an ATV a lot easier.

Bolder Design

The design of Ranger is defined by unique grilles and front-end appearances for XL, XLT and Lariat models. A signature Ford C-clamp headlight treatment and strong shoulder lines down the sides incorporate bolder wheel arches and give Ranger a sure-footed look. The rear end mirrors the front with C-clamp taillamps, and everybody will know what you’re driving with “RANGER” stamped across the tailgate.

The 2024 Ford Ranger will be proudly assembled at the Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, Michigan§§, with orders beginning later this month, and availability beginning late summer, with late fall availability for the 2.7-liter EcoBoost engine. Visit Ford.com/RangerReady for more details.
*2.7-liter engine available late fall 2023

**Class is Midsize Pickups.
***Based on S&P Global Mobility New Registrations data CYE 2022, which is compiled from government and other sources and captures 95 percent of global new vehicle volumes in more than 80 countries as reported in April 2023. Pickup body group as defined by S&P Global Mobility.
†Class is Midsize Pickups. Based on S&P Global Mobility Sales data.
††Max towing and payload on Ranger® Crew Cab 4x2 with 2.3L EcoBoost® engine and available Trailer Tow Package. When properly equipped. Towing and payload are independent attributes and may not be achieved simultaneously. When properly equipped. Max payload varies and is based on accessories and vehicle configuration. See label on doorjamb for carrying capacity of a specific vehicle.
†††When properly equipped. Horsepower and torque and independent attributes and may not be achieved simultaneously.
‡Available QI wireless charging may not be compatible with all phones.
‡‡FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the FordPass App; and complimentary Connected Service are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Connected service and features depend on compatible AT&T network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected service excludes Wi-Fi hotspot.
‡‡‡FordPass® App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply.
§Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the
vehicle. It does not replace safe driving. See Owner’s Manual for details and limitations.
§§Assembled in the USA with domestic and foreign parts.

LARIAT

XLT SPORT

XL STX

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

TRIM COMPARISON

So no 6ft bed. So this is gonna be nothing more than an updated Explorer Sport Trac. Pretty useless as a truck.