Sponsored

Dampers in Off Road on the street.

jordantii

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jordan
Joined
Dec 12, 2025
Threads
24
Messages
539
Reaction score
510
Location
Tampa Bay
Website
www.straptacademy.com
Vehicle(s)
2025 RR
Is anyone else running the dampers in off road mode on the street? I have been doing this for the past week and maybe I'm crazy but to me it is the best compromise between normal and sport. Has the softness of normal and the stiffness of sport when you want it.

Typical "normal" around town driving is steering comfort, dampers off road, exhaust sport and traction off. Tire pressures are 34 cold.

Have I lost my mind?
Sponsored

 

rocsteady

Well-Known Member
First Name
Dave
Joined
Apr 10, 2024
Threads
32
Messages
495
Reaction score
729
Location
New Jersey
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Federal LEO
I'm intrigued. I might try it. Normally I have steering in comfort, suspension in normal and exhaust in Baja. When I dip off the highway or have any sort of interesting curves in the road, I just hit the button to switch the suspension to sport; if it's going to be an extended twisty bit, twist the mode into "sport."
 

OxygenMask

Well-Known Member
First Name
Phil
Joined
Feb 20, 2026
Threads
10
Messages
886
Reaction score
1,681
Location
Eugene, Oregon
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Retired
Just because you're crazy doesn't mean you're wrong. :beer:
I've wondered the same thing about off road damper setting. I've not found any technical description of what each setting's parameters actually are, just opinions (and Ford's descriptions of when to use each mode, which is plenty vague...)
 
OP
OP
jordantii

jordantii

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jordan
Joined
Dec 12, 2025
Threads
24
Messages
539
Reaction score
510
Location
Tampa Bay
Website
www.straptacademy.com
Vehicle(s)
2025 RR
Just because you're crazy doesn't mean you're wrong. :beer:
I've wondered the same thing about off road damper setting. I've not found any technical description of what each setting's parameters actually are, just opinions (and Ford's descriptions of when to use each mode, which is plenty vague...)
I think the only people that describe what the actual modes for the dampers are would be the instructors at the Raptor Assault school. Have not been and probly won't make it.

Try off road dampers and see if I am crazy.
 
OP
OP
jordantii

jordantii

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jordan
Joined
Dec 12, 2025
Threads
24
Messages
539
Reaction score
510
Location
Tampa Bay
Website
www.straptacademy.com
Vehicle(s)
2025 RR
I'm intrigued. I might try it. Normally I have steering in comfort, suspension in normal and exhaust in Baja. When I dip off the highway or have any sort of interesting curves in the road, I just hit the button to switch the suspension to sport; if it's going to be an extended twisty bit, twist the mode into "sport."
I keep messing with my R mode and may have it switch to off road shocks, Sport driveline, comfort steering and as usual Baja exhaust. The only reason I switched to sport exhaust is that I don't want to see that stupid "for off road use only" text on my dash.
 

Sponsored

some_guy

Well-Known Member
First Name
some
Joined
Oct 18, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
333
Reaction score
328
Location
florida
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
entrepreneur
I don't think any manufacturer making cars today has ever or will ever make one with settings you could adjust to be dangerous to your wellbeing
 
OP
OP
jordantii

jordantii

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jordan
Joined
Dec 12, 2025
Threads
24
Messages
539
Reaction score
510
Location
Tampa Bay
Website
www.straptacademy.com
Vehicle(s)
2025 RR
yeah, the inferred point is "it doesn't matter"
I know. What I was taking about was feel. I never considered what Ford had in mind. I was just stating my experience. Nothing to do with safety or hurting myself or the truck. And if I did, that would be on me. I’m a grown up so…

just not sure why you said what you said.
 

some_guy

Well-Known Member
First Name
some
Joined
Oct 18, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
333
Reaction score
328
Location
florida
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
entrepreneur
just not sure why you said what you said.
i suppose i will have to spell it out for you:

" Have I lost my mind?"

no, not at all, not in the least bit. None of the selectable settings vary as much as to place the driver outside of the acceptable parameters for "losing ones mind", significantly altering the vehicles characteristics.
 

Sponsored
OP
OP
jordantii

jordantii

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jordan
Joined
Dec 12, 2025
Threads
24
Messages
539
Reaction score
510
Location
Tampa Bay
Website
www.straptacademy.com
Vehicle(s)
2025 RR
i suppose i will have to spell it out for you:

" Have I lost my mind?"

no, not at all, not in the least bit. None of the selectable settings vary as much as to place the driver outside of the acceptable parameters for "losing ones mind", significantly altering the vehicles characteristics.
Let me spell it out for you since I said it. I was referring to my observations on the feel. They could have called it rain road or gravel. I don’t care.

and the phrase have I lost my mind or am I crazy is used in this way: “have I discovered something”? “Does anyone else notice this” “am I crazy, have I lost my mind”? Get it??
 

some_guy

Well-Known Member
First Name
some
Joined
Oct 18, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
333
Reaction score
328
Location
florida
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
entrepreneur
yeah bro, I guess. Yes you are cool/unique/pioneering/lost your mind/totally crazy and rebelious.
 

got3fords

Well-Known Member
First Name
James
Joined
Jan 30, 2025
Threads
24
Messages
560
Reaction score
484
Location
Central Va.
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ranger Raptor
There are some settings I have yet to discern a noticeable differenc. My one and only Raptor mode is quiet exhaust, sport suspension, and comfort steering. But I often experiment with other settings. I don't know that I would notice a differenc with off road suspension mode. Might have to try it. But maybe it will kill me.
 
 







Top