• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Financing Options?

CORNGR29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Lariat (Avalanche), 24 Raptor (Azure Grey)
Typically, there are not "special rates" available on new launches through the OEM captive. Prevailing bank rates are 5-6% right now, depending on credit and term of course.

DMC

First Name
DMC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang convertible
Your rule of keeping the term short makes sense if your only option is to finance the purchase. For those of us choosing whether to finance or pay cash, the more important thing to consider is whether the interest on savings/investments is higher or lower than loan rates. When Iā€™m earning more interest in savings than Iā€™m paying on a loan then Iā€™ll finance big purchases for as long as possible.
Just don't forget to take into account that your savings is going to hit you with a 1099INT at the end of the year and that you are going to owe taxes on the amount that you earn on that savings account. Adjust earnings rate to the real interest rate according to your tax bracket for a fair comparison. :)

wlarsen76

First Name
Wells
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
lol itā€™s that kind of thinking why people pay so much in interest.
My rule is never do more than 36 months, and always pay it down sooner.
Itā€™s crazy to think some people are taking 5-7 years to pay off just a car
Just an observation. I read chogg's post and thought... "Yea, me too".
Except I thought he meant that he cared most about total interest paid for the loan. The lower the rate, the lower the total interest paid. Obviously assuming that the rates are lower with shorter terms, though I've never really seen rates go down in the other direction.

Sponsored

wlarsen76

First Name
Wells
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Just don't forget to take into account that your savings is going to hit you with a 1099INT at the end of the year and that you are going to owe taxes on the amount that you earn on that savings account. Adjust earnings rate to the real interest rate according to your tax bracket for a fair comparison. :)
Unless of course the investment vehicle lasts longer than a year, in which case it would be 15% (Long-term Capital Gains only after whenever sold)

Last edited:

mperezkr

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
rough guestimate on high interest savings on the 65k vs paying off the car cash.

cash buyers:

best case:
4.5% loan from navy fed for 36 months = $4,608 interest paid on 65k loan

positive cash $3,172 saved from investing that cash instead.

65k cash after 60 months = $18,195.60 after tax $13,647

decent case:
7% loan for 60 months = $12,225 interest paid

positive cash 1,422 saved

Last edited:
Reactions: MJE

Cyrusblack

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat Oxford White \ Sandstone
Occupation
Nuclear Weapons Technician

jdlapointe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Taurus, 1970 Fairlane 500
Occupation
Project Manager
It doesn't look like there will be any financing deals for the ranger. I can get an xlt high powerboost for 55k 1.9% for 72. I may actually opt for that as my xlt is 45k. The different in interest is pretty substantial.

Sponsored

mperezkr

First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Raptor
It doesn't look like there will be any financing deals for the ranger. I can get an xlt high powerboost for 55k 1.9% for 72. I may actually opt for that as my xlt is 45k. The different in interest is pretty substantial.
For a 2024? from ford?

Viporpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fusion Sport / 2021 Ford Edge SEL
I would be really curious if anyone finances through ford credit on what rates they will offer you when you go to pickup your truck. Good or bad credit and from 36 to 72 months. They should give you that info for all months. They have for me on the last 2 fords i purchased.