• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company Here

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Laramie Sport
@Ford Motor Company

Few things to hopefully consider going forward.
1. Color options are bland. The red is not great and the only color that stands out amongst the sea of white/silver/gray/black is Velocity Blue. I have owned two vehicles with this color but wanted something different that is not seen everyday. I know there have been several mentions through different platforms of adding Eruption Green. I am hopeful this will be changed.
2. Larger fuel tank, this has been a big topic and must for most buyers. One of the reasons I did not keep my 2021 Lariat Ranger.
3. Cooled seats in the Lariat/Raptor. Buyers purchasing these trim levels want this option as it is what is offered in most/all of the other vehicles offered with similar trim levels. Again, another reason I did not keep my 2021 Lariat Ranger

Thanks,
I agree with all of this.

I'll add: for the love of God stop being afraid to change the body design. Midsize truck buyers are typically your lifestyle people who fish, hunt, camp, off-road, and generally just have fun. We want a truck that looks the part. GM did it with the new twins. Toyota did it with the new Tacoma. Both of those trucks look amazing, fresh, edgy, muscular. Your 2024 Ranger looks ten years old and it's not even on dealer lots yet. Sad.......

@Ford Motor Company
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ford Motor Company

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Thanks Ford Motor Company for monitoring the site and considering some of the most common opinions presented. I would also like to see the Super Cab offered.
We are excited to be here Brian! Don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message if you need any assistance. :)

Slappybabs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
Thanks Ford! Going to place my order tomorrow for a raptor (I’m #1). Any chance there will be a Ford warrantee tune on the raptor in the future?

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor & 21 Bronco FE 4-Dr
Thanks Ford! Going to place my order tomorrow for a raptor (I’m #1). Any chance there will be a Ford warrantee tune on the raptor in the future?
They are all ford performance tunes, if offered by Ford, and it would be like all of their other tunes and be warranted 3 yr or 36000 miles. Thats why some choose to stick with the Ford backed tunes (ford performance) instead of after mkt company tunes. I wouldn't expect one right away, however. They still have to go through the okay to buy process, or test vehicles, then once that occurs, they will be building the one for each dealer to get them out there first, etc. I could see a tune not happening the first build year or at least happening way down the road in the first yr. It usually takes a good model year to see many accessories available, including tunes.

Hawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I would turn around and walk out of the dealer for good if they marked the price above MSRP. Plenty of other dealers and brands to choose from.
I've done that very thing never to walk back into that dealership again.

Sponsored

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SCREW STX SE
Occupation
machinist
I think the xl can be lowerd.. its already kinda low as is.
1684958427290.png

You can't go by the 'official' photos. All the Ford literature shows the 5G Ranger with that same lowered rear stance. Yet none of them are actually like that and takes some major work (axle flip kit) to lower the rear. And IIRC, the 6G i son the same platform as the 5G.

Being on these forums allows them to watch and catch vendors using Ford logos, etc without their permission too. They've used the bronco forums to listen in and catch such when people have posted pics and descriptions of their updates and modifications to their Broncos. So they might be here to assist on occasion, but they're also here to eaves drop. They caught many vendors producing the old script bronco logos, etc in this way.

So it's a double edged sword that they are on here.

I hope that they'll mainly use the forums to get feedback and truly get a pulse on what the customer base likes and dislikes about their products to best provide us with what we want. We shall see.
Maybe, probably. But they could do that without joining the forum.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor & 21 Bronco FE 4-Dr
You can't go by the 'official' photos. All the Ford literature shows the 5G Ranger with that same lowered rear stance. Yet none of them are actually like that and takes some major work (axle flip kit) to lower the rear. And IIRC, the 6G i son the same platform as the 5G.

Maybe, probably. But they could do that without joining the forum.
But lots of info is learned from and shared on forums, especially mods people have done to their vehicles and where those products came from. Smart by Ford to watch, as they've invested lots of $$ on patents and teademarks.

Sponsored

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
But lots of info is learned from and shared on forums, especially mods people have done to their vehicles and where those products came from. Smart by Ford to watch, as they've invested lots of $$ on patents and teademarks.
fourms is how knew when the order banks closed on maverick:)

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
sunroofs leak and are pain to fix. rear vents is must shocked it wasn't added
I've never had a sunroof leak, even after market ones don't leak.

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
I've never had a sunroof leak, even after market ones don't leak.
ive heard complaints about them and my friend had issue with one. Besides that im not fan of them.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 6 year old ford with a sunroof and 0 leak issues. Never even had to clean the drain holes out, but that is the fix for 95% of leak issues.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I agree with all of this.

I'll add: for the love of God stop being afraid to change the body design. Midsize truck buyers are typically your lifestyle people who fish, hunt, camp, off-road, and generally just have fun. We want a truck that looks the part. GM did it with the new twins. Toyota did it with the new Tacoma. Both of those trucks look amazing, fresh, edgy, muscular. Your 2024 Ranger looks ten years old and it's not even on dealer lots yet. Sad.......

@Ford Motor Company
Could not disagree more. This reeks of generational tunnel vision. There is an established customer base that does not want wild looking vehicles full of plastic fascias and looks like a Baja 500 pre runner. I'd wager 90% of buyers want evolutionary modest changes and will buy this before even sniffing anything edgy or muscular looking but impractical for daily drivers and outrageous pricing. The 10% that want to drive Tranformers have 2 great options you mentioned - have at it :like:
Sponsored