• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
This is the news I was hoping we would get. If the May 26 date is still correct for ordering bank opening then that gives everyone 16 days to decide how they want to spec their trucks before placing an order. Before this news came out I was hoping they were not going to do both on the same day which would have been a disaster.
Sponsored

blksn8k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150 75 Bronco 70 Mach 1 68 Cougar 99 Cobra
There's an established customer base of ~100k per year, even with the dated 5G platform. Have a look at Honda Ridgeline and ''New Frontier" sales numbers and it's not hard to predict this Ranger beating both of them and probably 1 of the GM twins as well. IMO the biggest issue will be keeping up with demand, not generating it.
I think it should be obvious to everyone by now that Ford has learned their lesson well at least with some models about over producing vehicles without knowing how many they can sell. That only leads to dealers being stuck with inventory and Ford having to use incentives to move them. We'll see how that plays out with the F-series but that's a subject for a different audience.

Moving to a customer order program makes more sense for everyone except those willing to take whatever dealers are trying to move at a discount in order to reduce their inventory. With all the self imposed and other production restrictions the Ranger is facing I doubt we are going to see very many Rangers sold that way going forward and I doubt Ford is really interested in beating any competitor's sales figures in the mid-size segment unless they can make a decent profit while doing it.

The other elephant in the room is the F-series sales crown. They are in the business of staying in business and maximizing F-series sales is a proven path.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I know I'm going to sound negative, but it's not really much of a reveal, when it's been available pretty much everywhere else in the world. We all know what it looks like, inside and out.
The only thing left to reveal is the options. I'm still holding out that the 2.7l will available

Sponsored

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
I know I'm going to sound negative, but it's not really much of a reveal, when it's been available pretty much everywhere else in the world. We all know what it looks like, inside and out.
The only thing left to reveal is the options. I'm still holding out that the 2.7l will available
It’s not a big reveal if you’re just curious what it will look like. It is a big reveal if you are looking to purchase one. I need to know option configurations and most importantly pricing.

Hot Runr Guy

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018Escape, 2019 Edge
It’s not a big reveal if you’re just curious what it will look like. It is a big reveal if you are looking to purchase one. I need to know option configurations and most importantly pricing.
I'd be really surprised if the Order Guide with the package specifics is available on the 10th,,,,,

HRG

Chris D Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Edge
Occupation
Network Operations Manager
I just want to know if it's going to have the 2.7 or lower tuned 3.0 on anything, but the raptor. Ultimately I want a PHEV, but I'd take a hybrid with power on board. I know that likely won't be 24/25 So I'd be looking at a 2.7 Tremor

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I just want to know if it's going to have the 2.7 or lower tuned 3.0 on anything, but the raptor. Ultimately I want a PHEV, but I'd take a hybrid with power on board. I know that likely won't be 24/25 So I'd be looking at a 2.7 Tremor
personally, I'd be extremely surprised if there is EVER a PHEV Ranger offered. Best you could hope for is later they offer the F-150 hybrid setup in the Ranger. Hybrid anything is simply a bridge between ICE and full BEV. There's no way they could justify diluting the sales figures enough to justify the tiny % of prospective buyers who would actually want a PHEV. Look at the little brother & big brother in the Ford truck lineup: Maverick has a hybrid, and so does F-150 and neither has given the slightest hint they would splinter existing sales base so they could make the incremental PHEV step to a relatively small % of buyers to make it cost effective.

There's always a group on these forums that are pining for a PHEV, but this is a small sampling of the overall buying population of any Ford truck model, and IMO overrepresented vs. total buyers who actually want this.

Of course I could be wrong and YMMV...

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2023 Escape PHEV
personally, I'd be extremely surprised if there is EVER a PHEV Ranger offered. Best you could hope for is later they offer the F-150 hybrid setup in the Ranger. Hybrid anything is simply a bridge between ICE and full BEV.
I believe the F-150 hybrid setup is exactly what will be in the Ranger with the exception of the larger PHEV battery and the 2.3 Ecoboost. The F-150 Powerboost and the Explorer Hybrid both utilize the same hybrid design with an electric motor incorporated into the 10-speed automatic transmission. The design is robust and has very good towing capabilities. If we get a hybrid Ranger this is likely what it will have. Early automotive press claims it will have 360 HP and 500 ft-lb of torque. To accommodate this longer version of the 10-speed automatic transmission is a reason why the wheelbase of the 6G Ranger was increased.

You are correct that a hybrid is a bridge between ICE and full BEV and it makes a lot of sense given that battery technology and our power grid needs more time before BEVs become practical for the masses. The new Tacoma will offer a hybrid system and I'm betting Ford will be stepping up to compete with that.

Sponsored

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / 2020 XTL FX4 / 2007 escape / motos
personally, I'd be extremely surprised if there is EVER a PHEV Ranger offered. Best you could hope for is later they offer the F-150 hybrid setup in the Ranger. Hybrid anything is simply a bridge between ICE and full BEV. There's no way they could justify diluting the sales figures enough to justify the tiny % of prospective buyers who would actually want a PHEV. Look at the little brother & big brother in the Ford truck lineup: Maverick has a hybrid, and so does F-150 and neither has given the slightest hint they would splinter existing sales base so they could make the incremental PHEV step to a relatively small % of buyers to make it cost effective.

There's always a group on these forums that are pining for a PHEV, but this is a small sampling of the overall buying population of any Ford truck model, and IMO overrepresented vs. total buyers who actually want this.

Of course I could be wrong and YMMV...
You could be right, no PHEV, but I'm not interested in a BEV as I want to use this
truck with trailer to go to NWT, Yukon & Alaska. To me a PHEV would be awesome as
I could use the battery for when I'm around town & ICE on long trips.
So, your probably right.

Reactions: MJE

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
I'd be really surprised if the Order Guide with the package specifics is available on the 10th,,,,,

HRG
That would really suck. I assumed right after the reveal they’d open the build/price tool on the website.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I'd be more surprised if they didn't have a PHEV. Toyota has already confirmed theirs for the Tacoma and Ford really needs to compete. They also already have the technology for it.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
That would really suck. I assumed right after the reveal they’d open the build/price tool on the website.
I'm a pessimist after the experience buying a Maverick. B&P wasn't ready immediately and you had to show interest with a reservation before any ordering. Ford ordering website got overwhelmed and went down a couple times during open order banks too. No personal experience with the Bronco, but I've heard and read that wasn't a smooth rollout either? I'm cautiously optimistic but think it's too much to ask to expect Ford to get this 100% right with a smooth E2E process after the recent history.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I'd be more surprised if they didn't have a PHEV. Toyota has already confirmed theirs for the Tacoma and Ford really needs to compete. They also already have the technology for it.
Ford isn't Toyota and loses thousands getting vehicles built and delivered to dealers- which is why they went to build to order system. Toyota pioneered the hybrid space for mass consumption with the Prius and never saw a need to add PHEV, Right? A lot would depend on if there was a price premium to get anything other than the ICE motor versions, but I don't see there being any significant extra easy income for Ford offering a normal hybrid like the F-150 AND a PHEV. There's just a limited appetite for that in the general population and no bang for the extra bucks for Ford. You're probably talking a couple hundred buyers that might opt for the PHEV over the normal hybrid out of a total planned production run of 100k per year. I could be wrong but I just don't see the demand with a woefully under built grid nationwide.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.