Sponsored

Stake Pocket Plugs

alrashid2

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 4, 2026
Threads
54
Messages
467
Reaction score
309
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Ranger XLT (2.7L V6)
As of now, my current plan is this:

I have similar plugs to the OP and am going to plug all 12 of the exposed holes below the covers. From there, I'm going to use Duct Seal to seal the edges around each pocket, below the cover. Duct Seal is that dark grey, forever pliable play-do like stuff used to seal foundation holes for electrical, ducts, etc. Similar to rope caulk but designed to last indefinitely without drying out.

Will it be as good as others fixes here? Definitely not. But I don't need waterproof. I just don't want a bucket of water in my bed each rain 😅 My tonneau already leaks so just want to eliminate as much as I can.

Ford Ranger Stake Pocket Plugs 1787319244570-03
Sponsored

 

alrashid2

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 4, 2026
Threads
54
Messages
467
Reaction score
309
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Ranger XLT (2.7L V6)
Update: tried the stake pocket duct seal and unfortunately it wasn't good enough. Still had some leaks, though it did improve a bit. I'm assuming there is just too much little gaps and flex for it to work correctly.

I just can't believe nobody has made a viable product here. You think it'd be a no brainer. I'd pay 100 bucks for a set of 6!!

I'm thinking of just doing what some others have done and using black silicone caulk to seal the pocket cover in place. Not the prettiest but not sure what else to do here.

Ford Ranger Stake Pocket Plugs PXL_20260910_163705916
 
Last edited:

WESTRESCUE77

Well-Known Member
First Name
J
Joined
Sep 27, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
131
Reaction score
132
Location
Westchester, NY
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Update: tried the stake pocket duct seal and unfortunately it wasn't good enough. Still had some leaks, though it did improve a bit. I'm assuming there is just too much little gaps and flex for it to work correctly.

I just can't believe nobody has made a viable product here. You think it'd be a no brainer. I'd pay 100 bucks for a set of 6!!

I'm thinking of just doing what some others have done and using black silicone caulk to seal the pocket cover in place. Not the prettiest but not sure what else to do here.

PXL_20260910_163705916.webp

KEKO came out with replacement stake pocket covers. I installed them a couple weeks ago and they significantly reduced leakage. in my bed. Here's the link: https://kekousa.com/product/util-rev-kit-ved-cacam-ranger-24-us-bord-lat-sup/

FYI - You'll definitely have to clean out the putty in your pockets for the new covers to fit. Highly recommend using a trim tool to install them.
 

alrashid2

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 4, 2026
Threads
54
Messages
467
Reaction score
309
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Ranger XLT (2.7L V6)
KEKO came out with replacement stake pocket covers. I installed them a couple weeks ago and they significantly reduced leakage. in my bed. Here's the link: https://kekousa.com/product/util-rev-kit-ved-cacam-ranger-24-us-bord-lat-sup/

FYI - You'll definitely have to clean out the putty in your pockets for the new covers to fit. Highly recommend using a trim tool to install them.
Hey, I was actually the one to find these in the previous post haha. I'm glad they worked for you but they did NOT fit my 2026 pockets. Thinking there is a difference
 

alrashid2

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 4, 2026
Threads
54
Messages
467
Reaction score
309
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Ranger XLT (2.7L V6)
If anybody with a 24-25 is interested in the Keko waterproof pocket covers, reach out to me first
 

Sponsored

SoulMafia

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jun 19, 2024
Threads
6
Messages
229
Reaction score
240
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Hey, I was actually the one to find these in the previous post haha. I'm glad they worked for you but they did NOT fit my 2026 pockets. Thinking there is a difference
Thanks y’all, these worked like a charm!
 

Loudpa

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2025
Threads
14
Messages
222
Reaction score
191
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT 2026, Honda Odyssey, BMW E39
I was always thinking of using waterproof tape over the pockets. I've use this tape to repair car covers and they stayed fade free, and waterproof outside for over a year.
Here's a mock up not trimmed exactly nor attached since I don't have a tonneau cover yet.

Ford Ranger Stake Pocket Plugs pocket
 

OxygenMask

Well-Known Member
First Name
Phil
Joined
Feb 20, 2026
Threads
10
Messages
883
Reaction score
1,679
Location
Eugene, Oregon
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Retired
There are a number of problem areas contributing to the leaks. Stake pockets are major but won't make near enough difference alone. The 33 holes in each rail under the rail caps need sealed as well as all the other holes thru the bed, but are less important. The big holes in the front corner are a huge leak while driving, plus water blows in the open front end of the rail caps. One of the biggest leak solvers was running a rope caulk the length of the rail under the rail cap, to prevent any water that does get in from simply running over the edge into the bed. It took all these to seal it up so that in heavy rain or a car wash I rarely see a few drops inside.

There's a number of threads with pics (including mine) that detail the scope of the problem. Good job Ford....

https://www.ranger6g.com/forum/threads/weatherproof-bed-project-diy-writeup.28611/page-2
 
Last edited:

FergyA

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2025
Threads
11
Messages
169
Reaction score
146
Location
LA County, CA
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mech. Engineer
If anybody with a 24-25 is interested in the Keko waterproof pocket covers, reach out to me first
I'd love a set but they've been out of stock since you left your one star review (on a product that only says it's for 2024's... Just sayin). I was traveling and didn't want to order til I got home, but not gonna happen it seems. I contacted Keko and they say they aren't sure they're going to restock them due to being poorly received.
 
Last edited:

alrashid2

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 4, 2026
Threads
54
Messages
467
Reaction score
309
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Ranger XLT (2.7L V6)
I'd love a set but they've been out of stock since you left your one star review (on a product that only says it's for 2024's... Just sayin). I was traveling and didn't want to order til I got home, but not gonna happen it seems. I contacted Keko and they say they aren't sure they're going to restock them due to being poorly received.
It says 2024+ - id take that to mean 25 and 26 too!

Maybe they're going back to the drawing board?
 

Sponsored

FergyA

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2025
Threads
11
Messages
169
Reaction score
146
Location
LA County, CA
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Mech. Engineer
It's a pretty well known fact that the 24-25 and 26 are different rails.

I don't think they're reengineering them, it's a product from Europe that was successful there that they seem to have decided isn't worth continuing here. (That's hyperbole though, the rep said they haven't decided yet if they will restock them, so there's still a chance). I'd recommend anyone who actually bought one for a 24 or 25 leave a positive review.

The item description says 24. Just sayin.

Ford Ranger Stake Pocket Plugs Screenshot_20260925_112356_Firefox
 

alrashid2

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 4, 2026
Threads
54
Messages
467
Reaction score
309
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Ranger XLT (2.7L V6)
Yes agreed, so Keko should not list it for 24+. I did let them know their information was incorrect
Sponsored

 
 







Top