• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

USA Ranger Reveal: What questions remain?

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
Only question I have is will I be able to get a Raptor this year lol
Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor & 21 Bronco FE 4-Dr
Only question I have is will I be able to get a Raptor this year lol
Only if you're #1 on your dealers list and your order is prioritized over all others submitted. There will not be many Raptors at first and especially at any particular dealership.

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only if you're #1 on your dealers list and your order is prioritized over all others submitted. There will not be many Raptors at first and especially at any particular dealership.
I’m number 4 at my dealership. But why is everyone saying there won’t be many?

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m number 4 at my dealership. But why is everyone saying there won’t be many?
Gonna be very limited at onset. Can't say anymore

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you have inside information or just guessing? I mean I kinda agree with you just wondering. What do you think the odds of getting it this time next year?

Last edited:

Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
This is extremely discouraging. I would wager 70+% of first day orders will be for the raptor. I don't understand why Ford limits what everyone wants. It would make more sense to fulfill all the Raptor orders first and make all the enthusiasts happy. Nobody else cares if they wait a little longer for a standard truck.

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is extremely discouraging. I would wager 70+% of first day orders will be for the raptor. I don't understand why Ford limits what everyone wants. It would make more sense to fulfill all the Raptor orders first and make all the enthusiasts happy. Nobody else cares if they wait a little longer for a standard truck.
My thoughts exactly. I’m willing to spend the money at MSRP why not take it. Otherwise I will buy a tacoma again.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
make more sense for who? The 10% of the total buying population who want a Raptor or the other 90% of buyers that make up the base of Ford's annual total sales? I'd wager Ford wants highest volume over a small slice of Trophy buyers- but the trophy buyers do bring attention and free advertising to the company.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I don't understand why Ford limits what everyone wants. It would make more sense to fulfill all the Raptor orders first and make all the enthusiasts happy.
While they may be artificially limiting production to be less than demand for their halo model, they are going to make sure to not over produce the Raptor & risk commoditizing the brand. Per unit profit would be highest on the Raptor as long as they can keep transaction prices up.

Beyond that I think production constraints have been mentioned. Plus there’s parts availability. I‘d guess they look to maximize overall profit of the plant with a mix of Bronco/Ranger & all models, setting production accordingly. Hopefully they’ve learned something from the Bronco ordering process to help things along for all buyers!

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
make more sense for who? The 10% of the total buying population who want a Raptor or the other 90% of buyers that make up the base of Ford's annual total sales? I'd wager Ford wants highest volume over a small slice of Trophy buyers- but the trophy buyers do bring attention and free advertising to the company.
You act as if they won't be making money by making Raptors. They would be selling their flagship model like hotcakes out the door. As soon as they make the first several thousand of them to meet demand, they would start on the rest of the lineup. They can output 10-15k per month so they'd only have to delay the regular Ranger line maybe 3 weeks.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They'd rather under produce and keep demand pent up and values higher than over produce them. Further many of its components are limited in nature. Raptors are considered specialty vehicles and their production will always be limited.

Reactions: MJE

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guess the got to drive up that demand and get those ADMs secured for dealers!
They couldn't care less about dealer admins. It's about not overproducing a specialty vehicle and keeping its novelty and its demand high.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you have inside information or just guessing? I mean I kinda agree with you just wondering. What do you think the odds of getting it this time next year?
Used to be in the business.

I'm not just spouting. But the info I have can't be shared beyond what I've said. Its not uncommon at initial roll outs of new models for there to be limited access to specialty models or some options. i.e. the 2.7 being later availability and raptors being more limited at first. You will also see some built and in the hands of the press, Ford employees, etc as a final test, before the ok to buy or production for retail occurs. This is very common with new mkt entries such as the Ranger raptor.
Sponsored