• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

TheDo114

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5th Gen 4Runner
April 3rd for either another picture or the reveal?

They did the same thing with the tundra, it lasted a couple of weeks before they finally revealed it.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
If the Tacoma ends up looking like the teasers/renderings that have come out, I think it's a pretty good looking truck. I've always hated the front ends of the Tacoma, but the new renderings look pretty good.
Ford Ranger 2024 Tacoma first teaser dropped by Toyota good

But if they use the Tundra front end. :puke:
Ford Ranger 2024 Tacoma first teaser dropped by Toyota Bad

Sponsored

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I had fully written off the Tacoma as an option because I hate the interior of the Tundra, and I figure the Tacoma is going to look pretty much the same, but I've recently put the Tacoma on the option list.
I still hate the "tablet" look of new interior trend, and the Tacoma (Tundra interior) is the worst of the bunch.......but I have got to the point that I'll ignore that for now and wait until I can see each model in person.

Still don't know why manufactures seem to intentionally emphasize a "peel and stick" tablet design.
Toyota could have easily lowered the screen in the Tundra 1~1.5" and incorporated it into the dash. IMO, that would make a huge difference.
Ford Ranger 2024 Tacoma first teaser dropped by Toyota Dash

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew, '16 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
Finally!!! It looks like the midsize truck segment is about to explode. Exciting times after a long dry spell. 😁

Reactions: MJE

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
If the new Taco gets officially announced before the Ranger I'm going to be pissed.
I literally made an appointment to look at Colorado's this weekend. This is how much I'm over it with Ford. Not to mention, they quality of Ford has been terrible, and people waiting for 1 year plus for their Broncos and Mavericks is writing on the wall that even when announced, then ordered, then delayed, then eventually delivered with ADM, might as well move on.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I literally made an appointment to look at Colorado's this weekend. This is how much I'm over it with Ford. Not to mention, they quality of Ford has been terrible, and people waiting for 1 year plus for their Broncos and Mavericks is writing on the wall that even when announced, then ordered, then delayed, then eventually delivered with ADM, might as well move on.
I'm going to hold out hope a little longer but I'm eyeing the Canyon AT4X if this falls through or looks to take too long.

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
I'm going to hold out hope a little longer but I'm eyeing the Canyon AT4X if this falls through or looks to take too long.
Yeah I'm with ya. I'm trying my hardest right now to hold out, but I'm pretty much looking for reasons to move on at this point. I've wanted one since they made the World announcement in Nov 2021. I've been patiently waiting, but im sort of over waiting now.

Sponsored

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I’m in the ‘no harm in waiting’ crowd. Hoping to see what everyone reveals before making a decision. After reading up on them though, I sure couldn’t fault anyone for choosing a new Colorado! Let us know what you think.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m in the ‘no harm in waiting’ crowd. Hoping to see what everyone reveals before making a decision. After reading up on them though, I sure couldn’t fault anyone for choosing a new Colorado! Let us know what you think.
agreed. as much as i'd like to get an order in now, i think it will be smarter to wait and see what each model offers. something tells me the ranger will lead in a lot of aspects outside of external looks.

however i don't know if i have it in me to wait till the tacoma is being built, but i'm hoping toyota releases more data soon to give me a better idea of what they have planned. they'd have to tease something really good to get me to say no to the twins & the ranger and keep waiting for months.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Isn't there a wait for GM products too? My neighbor waited more than 3 months for her ordered 2022 Toyota 4-Runner last year, and they are made in USA! Also was slipped deadlines, radio silence periods and "I don't know " from her salesman along the way. They had to cancel a family visit out of town too when they got an urgent call the truck came in early and they had 48hrs to come get it or it wouldn't be held for them.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Isn't there a wait for GM products too? My neighbor waited more than 3 months for her ordered 2022 Toyota 4-Runner last year, and they are made in USA! Also was slipped deadlines, radio silence periods and "I don't know " from her salesman along the way. They had to cancel a family visit out of town too when they got an urgent call the truck came in early and they had 48hrs to come get it or it wouldn't be held for them.
3 months I can do. People have had to wait 1-2 years for Broncos and Mavericks.
Sponsored