• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

FijiSun

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
I’m right there with you driving a 21+ year old F-150. I have envisioned myself driving a new Ranger for years and thought for sure after seeing preproduction SuperCrew Longbed in the wild that I’d be ordering one. This Trailhunter with 6’ bed and hybrid engine changes everything! My only pause on the Tacoma is the rear legroom. With that said, if Ford responds with a comparable truck, say a SuperCrew longbed with a Tremor package and hybrid option, I’d be torn. But, with production problems and limited capacity at MAP, I don’t see Ford Trailhunter fighter rolling down the line next spring. Ford dropped the ball in a big way for the 6G Ranger in the NA market with only one bed/cab configuration, no Tremor and no hybrid!!!
Can't say I didn't tell you so. This is exactly what I said would happen last year on this forum and nobody believed me. Now that Toyota and GM dropped their LWB trims there will be no way it will be offered by Ford. Leaving only the Frontier to offer it. But your wait was not in vain. Currently the half ton market is starting to tank with inventory levels rising. Their high price points are not sustainable at current bank rates. Mid size produce less then a third of their half ton brothers with Ford/GM. Moving forward the difference in price will be negligible. I'm already seeing half ton chevy 4X4 with decent trim levels with the LZO diesel which is a great engine in the low 50K range (over 7K off MSRP). Its only going to get better with the higher bank rates. By Summers end you will see 15K off MSRP's on full size again. For your needs, that is the direction you should go. I'm looking to do the same. Mid size has finally caught up to full size on the price points. Just a terrible value when your getting less capability. Being the automakers are getting squeezed on their full size offerings they will likely double down on high pricing on their more limited mid sizes. Pretty sure Ford dealers will mark them up as well. As they are notorious for. Plus the Build quality is in the dumpster for Ford. That's a hard pass for me.
Sponsored

RaptorFP

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sonata N Line
In my opinion Raptor is likely the only Ranger where it's out of competition. Anything else? If you don't like the Ranger XL/XLT/Lariat and what it offers just get a half ton or go to the competition, simple as that. No need to go out and prove a point to everyone so long you've proven it to yourself that Ranger won't suffice, there are plenty other mid size trucks to choose from with multiple trim levels. I feel where other manufacturers really dropped the ball was not offering a more powerful engine in their top offroad trim level and that's where Ford delivered twice over. It's all dependent on your needs and expectations, but like I said in this market there's something for everyone.

FijiSun

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
In my opinion Raptor is likely the only Ranger where it's out of competition. Anything else? If you don't like the Ranger XL/XLT/Lariat and what it offers just get a half ton or go to the competition, simple as that. No need to go out and prove a point to everyone so long you've proven it to yourself that Ranger won't suffice, there are plenty other mid size trucks to choose from with multiple trim levels. I feel where other manufacturers really dropped the ball was not offering a more powerful engine in their top offroad trim level and that's where Ford delivered twice over. It's all dependent on your needs and expectations, but like I said in this market there's something for everyone.
Post was directed at Fattirz. I was only offering other options that would offer more capability for his needs and at price points that might be same or lower. Really was not directed at yourself. As for telling others what to post and what not to that is pretty funny. Typical fanboy response if somebody dares to say a negative statement about a brand. I see that allot on tacoma forums, and never on Nissan forums. Rarely on Ranger forums that I recall. FYI, I too was looking forward to the LWB Ranger. Being that it looks like both GM/Ford are moving away from that trim I will likely be looking at half tons. And the fact that there are decent discounts and likely to get allot better does not hurt.

RaptorFP

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sonata N Line
Post was directed at Fattirz. I was only offering other options that would offer more capability for his needs and at price points that might be same or lower. Really was not directed at yourself. As for telling others what to post and what not to that is pretty funny. Typical fanboy response if somebody dares to say a negative statement about a brand. I see that allot on tacoma forums, and never on Nissan forums. Rarely on Ranger forums that I recall. FYI, I too was looking forward to the LWB Ranger. Being that it looks like both GM/Ford are moving away from that trim I will likely be looking at half tons. And the fact that there are decent discounts and likely to get allot better does not hurt.
I was being more general than responding to you, and I don't have a problem with anyone criticizing Ford, as they clearly don't have a perfect product and don't offer all popular cab versions etc.. I was just saying that if Ranger is not for someone luckily there are many other options and choices out there. Sorry if it came across as dry/hostile, but it was not the intention.

OP
OP

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
in order to the ranger excel i really think they have to price very competitively with the sr5, trd sport and pre runner. I hope ford has taken that into account. The lariat i just dont see many people wanting that over XLT with same engine and better design. So XL,XLT pricing will be paramount for ford to profitable in this segment. There's to many options in this segment.

Does not scream premium to me.
Ford Ranger Competition: 2024 Tacoma Revealed! 1684694263212
Ford Ranger Competition: 2024 Tacoma Revealed! 1684694275907
xl here. These two look much better in my opinion

Ford Ranger Competition: 2024 Tacoma Revealed! 1684694191408

Sponsored

FijiSun

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
in order to the ranger excel i really think they have to price very competitively with the sr5, trd sport and pre runner. I hope ford has taken that into account. The lariat i just dont see many people wanting that over XLT with same engine and better design. So XL,XLT pricing will be paramount for ford to profitable in this segment. There's to many options in this segment.

Does not scream premium to me.
1684694263212.png
1684694275907.png
xl here. These two look much better in my opinion

1684694191408.png
Then Ford will need to change their sales model. As it is the average price of F-150's are averaging over 60K on the lots with little discounts. With the higher bank rates and tighter guildlines the inventories are swelling to over 100 days at many dealers. The amount of decent trade in's has gone down allot which has increased the used car values. Instead what you see is more repos which are garbage for the most part. Ford has lost billions on their EV and continue to bleed 15K for every unit sold. Which sell like crap since dealers put addendums on them. Then with Teslas price decreases they offer more range and performance at the same price points. And a superior supercharger infrastructure. I'll also throw in that they just spend 2 billion on recalls last year. Yeah, Ford has problems one would think. At this point in time, I would bet that Ford will pad the crap out of the rangers for full smash/high margins. Being they have less then third capacity as their full size they will likely have enough demand for the new generation. So to answer your question I would doubt many XL's or base trucks will be build. These mid size ICE trucks need to pay for their EV disaster. Incidentally the new president of Toyota is like Jim Farley so I expect about the same for their new truck. That is more padded up SR's TRD's etc.. Only drastic demand drops will change this situation. Which is already starting to happen on the half tons. Could happen soon however as the economy cools and more banks start failing. As it is, over 200 are at the verge and the FDIC does not have much money on hand.. let that sink in for worst case scenarios. Bigger problem them what most people think. Most economist say the key to buying cars or any other high price item is to wait.

drzmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
As a long time Ford fan and current '22 Bronco owner, i was dead set on getting the ranger raptor next but now i am seriously looking at the TRD pro/Trailhunter.

Personally, i dont like any other trims of rangers except the raptor, but i would most likely get get a standard tacoma trim vs a standard ranger based on what ive seen so far...

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Wow anyone see the mark up on the new Taco.

Retail 53,000
15,000 market adjustments.
then they have all dealer add ons which are crazy high.

Saw a couple of things yesterday on it like :

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I feel Toyota's approach is a bit of a 'love letter' for enthusiasts for all the models and configurations. Maybe they see the all electric future coming. I do worry about pricing for all of these models for the average Joe. Will there be any reasonable well optioned mid size pickups below 50k? Chevy Colorado is priced fairly aggressively and we haven't seen Ford's pricing yet for all their models.
We know the Ranger base MSRP. I was cautiously optimistic about this 6G with 5G never being a truck I'd buy. Now I don't see any value proposition in the base XL and even if they eventually offer the SCab + 6' configuration I require it doesn't get anymore appealing to wait indefinitely for. 🤷‍♂️

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Can't say I didn't tell you so. This is exactly what I said would happen last year on this forum and nobody believed me. Now that Toyota and GM dropped their LWB trims there will be no way it will be offered by Ford. Leaving only the Frontier to offer it. But your wait was not in vain. Currently the half ton market is starting to tank with inventory levels rising. Their high price points are not sustainable at current bank rates. Mid size produce less then a third of their half ton brothers with Ford/GM. Moving forward the difference in price will be negligible. I'm already seeing half ton chevy 4X4 with decent trim levels with the LZO diesel which is a great engine in the low 50K range (over 7K off MSRP). Its only going to get better with the higher bank rates. By Summers end you will see 15K off MSRP's on full size again. For your needs, that is the direction you should go. I'm looking to do the same. Mid size has finally caught up to full size on the price points. Just a terrible value when your getting less capability. Being the automakers are getting squeezed on their full size offerings they will likely double down on high pricing on their more limited mid sizes. Pretty sure Ford dealers will mark them up as well. As they are notorious for. Plus the Build quality is in the dumpster for Ford. That's a hard pass for me.
Hey neighbor, I see you're in ABQ? Got any opinions on Reliable Nissan? I'm doing my due diligence looking at the Frontier long bed options and not impressed with Nissan dealer nearest me in Durango.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

Retail 53,000

Funny how people never had ADM in any of their Toyota calculations. Even the 3rd from the bottom of sales Nissan Frontier is tacking on $1360.00-$2000.00 from what I am seeing. There's zero justification for this based on the product sales and popularity.

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra

Retail 53,000

Ford dealers are no different. When my reservation was up for the Lightning my dealer tried to stick me with a $30k adm after initially telling me msrp when I signed up. It’s a problem with dealers in general, regardless of brand. I’m not loyal to any brand. Whoever gets me a truck for a reasonable price with most or all the features I want is who gets my money. I’m watching Toyota, GM, and Ford to see how things play out.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Ford dealers are no different. When my reservation was up for the Lightning my dealer tried to stick me with a $30k adm after initially telling me msrp when I signed up. It’s a problem with dealers in general, regardless of brand. I’m not loyal to any brand. Whoever gets me a truck for a reasonable price with most or all the features I want is who gets my money. I’m watching Toyota, GM, and Ford to see how things play out.

They all have been doing it.

What is funny is in that particular thread they keep pointing out Ford.

But Toyota dealer have done it in the past. Last small revision I think they added like android and carplay to the Taco they did the exact thing.

I saw Hyundai dealers do it with that small truck they have.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)

Retail 53,000

Where are you seeing this pricing?