• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL STX FX4 Magnetic Super Cab

themikeyan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Lariat FX4
What's the plan Sid? If the semi driver isn't willing to help...... and depending on the design of the crate...

I'm planning to back my truck up to the semi with the tailgate up on the Ranger. I'll lay a 2x8 in the bed Then slowly slide the crate out until it teeter totters down onto the 2x8 in the bed of the Ranger. Then get in the Bed of the Ranger and slide the crate forward until it is just barely still sitting on the semi. Place my floor jack in the back of the Ranger, right up against the tailgate and jack the crate up just enough to lift the crate off the semi. Pull the Ranger forward and let the crate down on the tailgate.

Once I back the truck in the barn I can lift the crate out with my 2 post lift if need be.

The copious amount of snow we have here isn't helping the situation.

Please take some photo's if you would. My plan may not be worth much since I have yet to see what the crate looks like.

Best bet may to just bust open the crate... but I've read it's not that easy. The two parts are wrapped and then foam is used to fill the voids in the crate.
PS no crate on mine. Just an very large box, sliders, hardware, bagged, then the open space filled with spray foam
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 MINI Cooper S Modified
Occupation
Big Toy Designer
What's the plan Sid? If the semi driver isn't willing to help...... and depending on the design of the crate...

I'm planning to back my truck up to the semi with the tailgate up on the Ranger. I'll lay a 2x8 in the bed Then slowly slide the crate out until it teeter totters down onto the 2x8 in the bed of the Ranger. Then get in the Bed of the Ranger and slide the crate forward until it is just barely still sitting on the semi. Place my floor jack in the back of the Ranger, right up against the tailgate and jack the crate up just enough to lift the crate off the semi. Pull the Ranger forward and let the crate down on the tailgate.

Once I back the truck in the barn I can lift the crate out with my 2 post lift if need be.

The copious amount of snow we have here isn't helping the situation.

Please take some photo's if you would. My plan may not be worth much since I have yet to see what the crate looks like.

Best bet may to just bust open the crate... but I've read it's not that easy. The two parts are wrapped and then foam is used to fill the voids in the crate.
If all else fails (uncooperative driver etc), I'll back up my Ranger up to the trailer. My Diamondback should be roughly close to the height of the trailer and hopefully I can just slide the box off onto the top of the Diamondback:fingerscrossed:

OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCab XL - STX - FX4 - Magnetic
First Oil Change... and Rotated Tires

Our truck almost has 4,000 miles, and we finally got a day above freezing, so I did the 1st oil change and rotated the tires on our 2019 SuperCab.

The skid plate needs to be removed. It has (4) bolts holding it on. Only the rear (2) bolts need to be removed. The front (2) bolts only need to be loosened since the front holes on the skid plate are slotted.

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 001.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 002.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 003.JPG

The skid plate bolts and the oil drain plug are all removed with a 15mm socket. And the oil drain plug has a built in elastomeric gasket. Well done Ford.

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 005.JPG

________________________________________________________________________________

The oil drains out of the pan without hitting any suspension components or brackets... again...well done Ford.

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 004.JPG

________________________________________________________________________________

I removed the front drivers side tire... since I was rotating the tires anyway. The filter that came from the factory was different than the FL-910S Motorcraft filter. My filter wrench just spun on the factory filter.... shit! My filter wrench fits nice and snug on the FL-910S?

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 006.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 007.JPG

_________________________________________________________________________________

I tried some different wrenches I had, those didn't work. ended up wedging a small piece of rubber friction tape. between the wrench and the factory filter. That worked. Pictures are after removal, just to show what I'm talking about. The trough Ford supplied to capture and re-rout the oil that runs out of the filter worked great. Well done Ford.

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 008.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 009.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 010.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 011.JPG

_________________________________________________________________________________

I then installed the new FL-910S Motorcraft filter, easy peasy.

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 012.JPG

The cover in the wheel well needs to be removed down past the brake line to allow cleaning out the oil filter trough. I shot some brake cleaner in the trough and then wiped it out with a paper towel.

Buttoned everything back up and then used 6 quarts of Mobil 1 5W-30 Annual Protection.

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 013.JPG

Didn't spill a drop of oil on the floor. I'd say Ford gets a 9 out of 10.

Rotated the tires, torqued the lug nuts to 100 ft-lbs.. and we're good for another 4,000 miles.

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 014.JPG

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Thanks, that’s some good info. I plan on changing mine soon so it’s good to see what to expect.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
This was well worth the hour of reading, really good work and photos. Something I use alot for adhesive purposes is regular black rtv silicone. It holds really good for trim pieces. Its also removable without damaging anything, and a good thread sealer for pneumatics and water connections. If you have that one connector that just wont stop leaking. If you get your fingers really wet :giggle: you can mold and shape it to a nice smooth surface filler.

About the carpet in fender wells, that is the exact thing I questioned myself. Its on both my Fords, only the rear though.

Sponsored

PC74

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
This is great! Thanks! 4,000 miles on "Annual Protection Mobil 1"?? Now THAT'S protecting your innards!

OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
About the carpet in fender wells, that is the exact thing I questioned myself. Its on both my Fords, only the rear though.
I'm told it's supposed to act as a sound deadener... helps keep noise down.

This is great! Thanks! 4,000 miles on "Annual Protection Mobil 1"?? Now THAT'S protecting your innards!
I'm hoping to go 8,000 miles between changes.. but the 1st one I wanted to get in sooner. The factory oil was still translucent... and it's a blend, not full synthetic like Mobil 1.

Time will tell.

Last edited:
OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shrockworks Rock Sliders Post #1

(Link to Installation)

(PSA Update: 2020-02-24 - Link to Ice Build Up issues)

The rocksliders showed up Thursday, 2020-01-16. I've seen folks asking a lot of questions regarding these so I'm posting up lots of information and photo's.
  • They arrived exactly 4 weeks from the day we ordered them,
  • The cardboard shipping crate that they came in was marked as weighing 205 lbs. I have my doubts about that being correct, I think it was a bit less than that,
  • Each of the individual sliders weighs 68 lbs,
  • The crate is heavy cardboard and they use spray foam to secure all the parts. The crate was a bit scarred up but the contents were all in good shape.
The contents of the crate consisted of:
  • Drivers Side Slider,
  • Passenger Side Slider,
  • A Shrink Wrapped Bundle Of Fastening Hardware & 1/4" Shims,
  • Installation Instructions,
  • (2) Shrockworks Decals.
The metal staples that hold the crate together can be easily removed by pulling them out, on at a time, using needle nosed pliers.

As for the sliders themselves... all I can say is WOW! The quality is superb. The raw materials were all nice and smooth, almost no weld splatter was on the parts, the welds look uniform and equally sized and the textured black powder coat is uniform and undamaged.

The folks at Shrockworks certainly did an awesome job designing, building and finishing these.

I'm hoping to install them on Sunday...

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 001.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 002.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 003.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 004.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 005.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 006.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 007.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 008.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 009.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 010.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 011.JPG

Last edited:

Lmood

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
The 205 is probably dimensional weight. Shipping companies get to charge the shipper a hell of a lot more based on what a package that size SHOULD weigh. I got hit with this charge pretty hard on some headlights I sold.
Those look nice though! Can't wait to see these installed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installation of Shrockworks Rock Sliders

Really impressed with these... everything bolted up just as specified by Shrockworks.

Love how they tuck up nice and tight to the rock panels... and they don't stick out past the mudflaps or the tires.

Only (1) thing I didn't care for is the gusset on the front drivers side support bracket touches the floor of the cab... zero clearance.

Item numbers on photo's below are based on the Shrockworks Installation Instructions. It took about 2 hours to installs these, working by myself.

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 004A.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 004B.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 007B.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 007C.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 012.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 013.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 014.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 014A1.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 014A2.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 14B.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 015.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 018.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 018A.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 024.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 026.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 027.JPG

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab Composite

Link To Photo's Of Truck With Rocksliders Installed

Last edited:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 MINI Cooper S Modified
Occupation
Big Toy Designer
Installation of Shrockworks Rock Sliders

Really impressed with these... everything bolted up just as specified by Shrockworks.

Love how they tuck up nice and tight to the rock panels... and they don't stick out past the mudflaps or the tires.

Only (1) thing I didn't care for is the gusset on the front drivers side support bracket touches the floor of the cab... zero clearance.

Item numbers on photo's below are based on the Shrockworks Installation Instructions.

005.JPG

006.JPG

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

004A.JPG

004B.JPG

007.JPG

007B.JPG

007C.JPG

008.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

014A1.JPG

014A2.JPG

14B.JPG

015.JPG

018.JPG

018A.JPG

024.JPG

026.JPG

027.JPG

View attachment 30223

View attachment 30224
Nice write up! Wish you'd done this before my install LOL...pretty much as you documented John:)

OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RockSlider FEA

Sooo.... I wonder just how much weight will those Rocksliders will take? Let's look just for shits and giggles..

Since I installed the Shrockworks Rocksliders I've been curious just how much weight they can handle. I fired up an older Finite Element Analysis program I have on a PC and applied various loads to the CAD model that I made of the slider before I installed them.

Weight of our 2019 SuperCab Ranger 4x4 truck is about 4,600 lbs. (includes tow package, LT tires and the rocklsiders). So if it's hung on a rock with one wheel off the ground that's about 1,200 lbs. Both wheels off the ground lets say 2,400 lbs.

The rear of the slider hangs out farther from the frame support than the front... therefore it's weaker than the front of the slider. So 1st analysis assumes 1,200 lbs near the rear of the slider.

Next analysis assumes a rock at the middle, and both tires on that side of the truck off the ground. That's about a 2,400 lb load.

Looks like the sliders are "hell-for-stout" and up to the task.

I also looked at a side impact, like somebody t-bones the truck. I used the full 4,600 lb load on that analysis. And once again the sliders appear to be of an adequate design. That's not enough load if the vehicle that t-bones the truck is moving at a pretty high rate of speed....

It's all for reference... but it's kind of neat to ponder "What If".

Seems like these sliders are a great investment.

Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 1200 LBS AT REAR OF SLIDER - DEFORMATION.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 1200 LBS AT REAR OF SLIDER - LOAD LOCATION.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 1200 LBS AT REAR OF SLIDER - STRESS.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 2400 LBS BEWTEEN 2 INCH SUPPORT TUBES - DEFORMATION.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 2400 LBS BEWTEEN 2 INCH SUPPORT TUBES - LOAD LOCATION.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 2400 LBS BEWTEEN 2 INCH SUPPORT TUBES - STRESS.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 4600 LBS HIT FROM THE SIDE - DEFORMATION.JPG
Ford Ranger HenryMac's Build Thread: 2019 Ranger XL  STX  FX4 Magnetic Super Cab 4600 LBS HIT FROM THE SIDE - STRESS.JPG

Last edited:

Dean Schaffran

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCab
Great post, great thread.
Can I ask you if you would consider sharing the bed model you're showing here? I'm studying some adds to mine and this would be a nice time saver.

Thanks!

CAD Model Of The 6 Ft Bed

Started to create a CAD Solid Model of the bed on my Supercab today.

I've got some projects I want to build, such as a wooden support structure to hold 4' x 8' sheets of lumber and thought having a CAD model would make it easier for me to design the structure.

2019 Ranger Bed.JPG

2019 Ranger Bed Board Caddy.JPG

OP
OP
HenryMac

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great post, great thread.
Can I ask you if you would consider sharing the bed model you're showing here? I'm studying some adds to mine and this would be a nice time saver.

Thanks!
Some things are easy to model... others not so much. I wouldn't feel comfortable sharing the model of the bed. It just isn't accurate enough.

I made the model knowing that I was building a wooden structure that I could check each board for 'fit". I have yet to build the "Lumber Rack".
Sponsored