• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

No Ranger Scheduling This Week (9/21/23). Job 1 Now 9/25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

songkajai

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rager Raptor on order
Occupation
Engineer
That is why I made the post as I have an early order as well and frustrated then see info that contradicts what I already know from being in the plants.
I am often at Ford and started to ask some Management friends. I am in another nearby facility; some ranger stuff is made here. A friend manager called over to MAP and was told production was started and units were shipping. These guys see everything built, however that gave little details.
So, we accessed the production computers. This will give every order number and a list of every part that is on hand. It will also show if a VIN is issued that means all the parts are on hand and if it has a build date. It does not however distinguish any flavors of the builds. It will give dealer and customer name if it is retail.
It will also show recent builds ( not sure how far back) and what is to be on the line over the next couple of weeks. This is all that I know at the moment but will be checking up next month when I am back in the plant.
I have many of the same questions and that is what brought me here as well. Seeing what is here and what I know figured I would add what I knew.
Sponsored

Ranger Nick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger
Occupation
Lawyer
Instead of saying, "why should they be paid so much when others are paid less?" we should be asking, "why is not everyone paid more?" It's not a matter of competing interests between these two groups. If modern economics has shown us anything, there is quite literally more than enough money for both.
Oh sure…. that’s not the way it works. Somebody always pays for this economic approach, and in this case, it will be the consumer now paying $100,000 for a $45,000 Ranger. One problem: they won’t and you can kiss the auto market goodbye. Now apply this concept across every market segment as you propose: $25 hamburgers, $15 Pepsi…. Say goodbye to McDonalds. Maybe that’s the point of Marxists: destroy Capitalism and then make everyone government dependent….

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Oh sure…. that’s not the way it works. Somebody always pays for this economic approach, and in this case, it will be the consumer now paying $100,000 for a $45,000 Ranger. One problem: they won’t and you can kiss the auto market goodbye. Now apply this concept across every market segment as you propose: $25 hamburgers, $15 Pepsi…. Say goodbye to McDonalds. Maybe that’s the point of Marxists: destroy Capitalism and then make everyone government dependent….

They will. And have. Manufacturers have literally said they haven’t found the ceiling yet. Also I find it funny everyone wants American made until it’s time to pay American workers.

Also read all the studies about increased wages. There’s literally examples in other countries where minimum wage is higher and your precious burgers are cheaper than they are here

Raynger24

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Escape SE, 23 Colorado LT
Gentleman, can we just please stay on topic so this thread does not get shut down by the mods as others have. Arguing the same points over and over again is not going to change the other point of views mind. I would like to learn and hear constructive counterpoints (or agreements) to what I just posted below so we can all actually learn something.

That is why I made the post as I have an early order as well and frustrated then see info that contradicts what I already know from being in the plants. This is all that I know at the moment but will be checking up next month when I am back in the plant. I have many of the same questions and that is what brought me here as well. Seeing what is here and what I know figured I would add what I knew.
First, your information and post of it is appreciated by all I am sure...so thank you. :)

I believe this can be broken down to make sense, except perhaps one part (I will get to last). By "Ranger stuff" I assume means parts for the Ranger? We do know that a VIN assigned (in theory) is suppose to mean that particular vehicle has the required parts to be scheduled and is assigned a build date for a customer or dealership. (Those of us that went through the Maverick ordeal found the addeage "if you have a VIN your truck will be built not to be true). However, as we have all seen here that have build dates for Job 1, the dates "of what is scheduled to be built" generally keep getting pushed into the future. None of that means actual retail or stock trucks have been built. What slighlty perplexes me is "the production was started and units were shipping" information you have been given. I have to think this is demo units and a misunderstanding or miscommunication to differentiate on their part? Especially due to the current work situation.

So, yes, if you are able to get more information next month that would be great! Again, thank you for the information you are getting.

songkajai

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rager Raptor on order
Occupation
Engineer
Gentleman, can we just please stay on topic so this thread does not get shut down by the mods as others have. Arguing the same points over and over again is not going to change the other point of views mind. I would like to learn and hear constructive counterpoints (or agreements) to what I just posted below so we can all actually learn something.

First, your information and post of it is appreciated by all I am sure...so thank you. :)

I believe this can be broken down to make sense, except perhaps one part (I will get to last). By "Ranger stuff" I assume means parts for the Ranger? We do know that a VIN assigned (in theory) is suppose to mean that particular vehicle has the required parts to be scheduled and is assigned a build date for a customer or dealership. (Those of us that went through the Maverick ordeal found the addeage "if you have a VIN your truck will be built not to be true). However, as we have all seen here that have build dates for Job 1, the dates "of what is scheduled to be built" generally keep getting pushed into the future. None of that means actual retail or stock trucks have been built. What slighlty perplexes me is "the production was started and units were shipping" information you have been given. I have to think this is demo units and a misunderstanding or miscommunication to differentiate on their part? Especially due to the current work situation.

So, yes, if you are able to get more information next month that would be great! Again, thank you for the information you are getting.
You would be correct; units are being shipped. But would think they have no idea to were or whom they are being shipped. They would just see them go off the line to the staging area to go on transports. I will try to add what I can when I find new information. I would have to find one of them that was built then run the order number to see what is listed on the exact order. This is not easy to do and limited to what I can look at or comment on. The big point is all production should be close as the daily logs show the numbers are going up and maybe around 100 are already built. If it goes up to more in the 12~20 per day as listed for this week it could be hundreds per week soon! ( this includes all Rangers)
I do know that retail has priority even over Manager leases as retail is $$$ coming in, all others not so much!
Oh and to the point of " information I have been given" on the call to MAP that would be true. ON the past and current units on the line is directly from internal systems that I personally viewed.

Last edited:

Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
You would be correct; units are being shipped. But would think they have no idea to were or whom they are being shipped. They would just see them go off the line to the staging area to go on transports. I will try to add what I can when I find new information. I would have to find one of them that was built then run the order number to see what is listed on the exact order. This is not easy to do and limited to what I can look at or comment on. The big point is all production should be close as the daily logs show the numbers are going up and maybe around 100 are already built. If it goes up to more in the 12~20 per day as listed for this week it could be hundreds per week soon! ( this includes all Rangers)
I do know that retail has priority even over Manager leases as retail is $$$ coming in, all others not so much!
Oh and to the point of " information I have been given" on the call to MAP that would be true. ON the past and current units on the line is directly from internal systems that I personally viewed.
Are you having to sneak into some computers or are you allowed to look at this stuff? My order was originally retail, then got moved to stock, then back to retail in the whole debacle. For whatever reason, my order was pulled as stock with a 9/25 build date. That was the last I heard and I'm sure it's been pushed back but I've had no visibility which sucks.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Are you having to sneak into some computers or are you allowed to look at this stuff? My order was originally retail, then got moved to stock, then back to retail in the whole debacle. For whatever reason, my order was pulled as stock with a 9/25 build date. That was the last I heard and I'm sure it's been pushed back but I've had no visibility which sucks.
Haven’t been able to use the tracking website to check your build date since?

songkajai

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rager Raptor on order
Occupation
Engineer
No sneaking, am allowed to see on a limited bases but have to have management login and show me what i am asking for. Would love to have a couple hours of digging through the system but that would not be allowed.
The computers will not pull a job to issue a VIN untill all the parts are registered in the system. No way to go on scheduling without a VIN. Some exception to this but rare. Mostly because a few parts are not available for anything and stopping the line is not an option. They have teams that go around and install the missing parts in the parking lot.

Last edited:

Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s weird. Didn’t know it was possible to get a build date without a vin
It probably has a vin, he just wasn't in a place to look it up last time I asked. I just need to follow up on it again at some point. I just haven't cared that much because I've seen everyone else here get pushed back and figured it would be the same for me.

ssjx7squall

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
It probably has a vin, he just wasn't in a place to look it up last time I asked. I just need to follow up on it again at some point. I just haven't cared that much because I've seen everyone else here get pushed back and figured it would be the same for me.

That’s fair

songkajai

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rager Raptor on order
Occupation
Engineer
That’s fair
For some to clarify this.
If the order is retail your name should be listed on it at Ford and it will go into CRC. CRC will send you directly a conformation.
This does not mean a VIN is used, it is just a order conformation. CRC will update you a maximum of every 45days or changes, i.e. VIN issued.
"IMPORTANT" if your order is still under dealer stock as all the first Raptors were. Your dealer must convert it to a retail order. This is a big deal as retail have priority, retail will schedual long before dealer orders will!

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you not getting the email updates? Generally any email your salesman would get, you're also getting an exact copy of. Did you never get an official email like this from Ford?
Ford Ranger No Ranger Scheduling This Week (9/21/23). Job 1 Now 9/25. 1695138199470

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you not getting the email updates? Generally any email your salesman would get, you're also getting an exact copy of. Did you never get an official email like this from Ford?
1695138199470.png
No, because during the whole switching back and forth between retail and stock, I think something got screwed up and I haven't seen any emails. I don't know, hopefully it all works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.