• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Ford Ranger Elephant In The Room

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
You have to understand this is a typical truck launch.
Ford will offer more options with the build and price coming.
I believe the Tremor and other trims will get discussed late 23 as a mid 24 model
I don't see the Tremor coming anytime before the 2025 model year. They will upsell Tremor customers to the Raptor as long as there is demand. Things like a Tremor package will be added in future model years to freshen up the line. It's sort of like they added the Tremor in 2021 and Splash in 2022 to keep interest.

If there is a SuperCab that might make a mid-2024 introduction, but no way are they letting a more affordable off-road focused package pull any high dollar Raptor buyers away. Not yet anyhow. I might be wrong, but I've seen how Ford usually operates for a long time.
Sponsored

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
I believe the Tremor and other trims will get discussed late 23 as a mid 24 model
@All Terrain Nation the next time you're at a Ranger event, can you ask the engineers why they decided to put the trailer wiring connectors below the rear bumper on the raptor? Those same connectors are in the bumper next to the license plate on the standard Rangers.

It makes no sense on something that is supposed to have a better departure angle.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
it was suggested to me this may come with Job 2.

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
I don't see the Tremor coming anytime before the 2025 model year. They will upsell Tremor customers to the Raptor as long as there is demand. Things like a Tremor package will be added in future model years to freshen up the line. It's sort of like they added the Tremor in 2021 and Splash in 2022 to keep interest.

If there is a SuperCab that might make a mid-2024 introduction, but no way are they letting a more affordable off-road focused package pull any high dollar Raptor buyers away. Not yet anyhow. I might be wrong, but I've seen how Ford usually operates for a long time.
You could be right but on the flip side I expect Raptors to be a tough get and the Tremor is an an option to keep people from going to another manufacturer. I am thinking more like the Maverick, a second year addition. Just my thoughts

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
You could be right but on the flip side I expect Raptors to be a tough get and the Tremor is an an option to keep people from going to another manufacturer. I am thinking more like the Maverick, a second year addition. Just my thoughts
The Tremor will be competition for the ZR2 so Ford better launch it soon or they'll lose sales to the Twins. While I'm glad the Raptor is here in the US I think they should've launched the Tremor before this. Anyone wanting a Raptor will most likely wait a little longer.

Sponsored

Steve Boehm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Jeep Cherokee and 03 Grand Marquis
Occupation
Director of Information Technology
I’m now looking for a Tacoma.
Are you waiting for the new Tacoma or a used one?

I was just told that you can't go to a Toyota dealership and order the exact spec vehicle you want. Toyota just builds whatever they think will sell and allocates it to dealers.

You can tell a dealer what spec you want, and they will put in a request to see if something matches, or dealer trade if they find one matching, but no custom builds.

I've been waiting for the new Tacoma announcement to see what they have to offer, but if I can't order the exact truck I want, I really don't think I'd buy one.

Reactions: MJE

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired

I was just told that you can't go to a Toyota dealership and order the exact spec vehicle you want. Toyota just builds whatever they think will sell and allocates it to dealers.

You can tell a dealer what spec you want, and they will put in a request to see if something matches, or dealer trade if they find one matching, but no custom builds.

I've been waiting for the new Tacoma announcement to see what they have to offer, but if I can't order the exact truck I want, I really don't think I'd buy one.
I'm trying to find out if Nissan will even take any orders for Frontier. On their Build & Price tool the last page wants you to fill out a form to get a quote on your build- but I'm not looking to engage in a sale yet. Want to see and drive 1 before talking about the exact spec I would want and there's only optioned up models available across the US.

OP
OP

Latour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger

I’m sure I’ll find what I’m looking for,which is the Trailhunter if it’s specked correctly.

Philvarah

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger FX4
Occupation
Sales

I'm interested in a 2024 Ranger... Read the new specs... Nothing about an FX4 ... Or a Tremor... Raptor yes .. the 2.7 vs the 2.4... maybe .. but gotta see the torque specs... I can get upgrades to increase the HP and torque in my 2022 FX4... What's the weight difference getting a new 2024 non Raptor... Suspension improved... Bigger dash screen...wider....Tires wheels not... not sure on seats...or Sound... I think the std sound system in my 2022 Ranger is junk....and seats too soft

But the most important need is...

The f'n cup holders better fit a Powerade or Gatorade on I'm not buying in!!!

JBTN

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU

You are correct, the Toyota dealerships get allocations. What arrives is what they get. There is always some horse trading to be done among dealers and their regional distributor. Which the regional distributors are another cog in the process. They decide how the vehicles are going to be optioned. It is not uncommon to see options on the online builder on the east coast area, but not in the gulf coast states.

Sponsored

chrisa6844

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Raptor and 1992 Ford F150 Nite
Occupation
Parts salesman
I'm interested in a 2024 Ranger... Read the new specs... Nothing about an FX4 ... Or a Tremor... Raptor yes .. the 2.7 vs the 2.4... maybe .. but gotta see the torque specs... I can get upgrades to increase the HP and torque in my 2022 FX4... What's the weight difference getting a new 2024 non Raptor... Suspension improved... Bigger dash screen...wider....Tires wheels not... not sure on seats...or Sound... I think the std sound system in my 2022 Ranger is junk....and seats too soft

But the most important need is...

The f'n cup holders better fit a Powerade or Gatorade on I'm not buying in!!!
There is info about the FX4 on Fords new landing page for the ranger.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor & 21 Bronco FE 4-Dr

No they won't. Two completely different vehicles. If they feel there is demand for a tremor, you will see one eventually. In that it exists for the maverick, f150, super duty, you should expect one in ranger also.

They won't make enough raptors nor do they want to, to conquest tremor customers.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor & 21 Bronco FE 4-Dr
You are correct, the Toyota dealerships get allocations. What arrives is what they get. There is always some horse trading to be done among dealers and their regional distributor. Which the regional distributors are another cog in the process. They decide how the vehicles are going to be optioned. It is not uncommon to see options on the online builder on the east coast area, but not in the gulf coast states.
100%. You give your dealer your ideal build and they'll try to match one as close as they can. Might have to settle for a different color or have some options added at dealership. Their regions try to build and use commodities they expect to most readily sell and have in the past which are available to them. You do not custom order a toyota. And as stated above different regions will have more/less access to certain configurations and options.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
No they won't. Two completely different vehicles. If they feel there is demand for a tremor, you will see one eventually. In that it exists for the maverick, f150, super duty, you should expect one in ranger also.

They won't make enough raptors nor do they want to, to conquest tremor customers.
Of course they want to sell the highest end models they can. It's all about ATP "actual transaction price" when it comes to trucks and if they can upsell they will. There is loads of profit in a Raptor. There is a good chance of a Tremor for next model year, but the focus is on the high end market for early adopters.
Sponsored