• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

2024 Ranger Release Date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJE

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
so many people already have made up their minds they hate the new design means far less competition to build, order, and receive the truck I DO want if it meets my simple basic needs at the right price point 😁
that may well change once people see the final product in the metal though! 😁
Sponsored

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT || 2023 Escape PHEV
For me, this is like waiting for Christmas when I was a kid (okay, still a kid). The only problem is we don't know the calendar date of Christmas. Sweet torture!

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
that may well change once people see the final product in the metal though! 😁
No,no! It's horrible and ugly compared to 5G and won't have the configurations and options that are make or break for everyone. Not only that, that sports bra push bar monstrosity on the front completely ruins the aesthetics and nobody in their right would want to be seen in such a travesty of design language! Run Forest Run!

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 1290R
Occupation
Machinist
The waiting on information is killing me and to make things more uncomfortable, they went and moved my Bronco's order to the week of April 3rd from the week of the 10th.

I was hoping to get pushed to the week of the 24th like most of the 4-10-23 build week has. 😒

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
The waiting on information is killing me and to make things more uncomfortable, they went and moved my Bronco's order to the week of April 3rd from the week of the 10th.

I was hoping to get pushed to the week of the 24th like most of the 4-10-23 build week has. 😒
lol Isn't that always the way? If you want something really bad it's usually delayed and when you really don't it'll come early. 🤦‍♂️

Back in 2021 I got sick of waiting for my Bronco so I ordered a Jeep in October. The dealer said to expect it sometime around late March early April at the earliest. It was one of the first ones built in December when they started production back up and I had it January 17th. I wasn't complaining but I really wish it was my Bronco that was built that fast and not the Jeep. lol

Sponsored

Scooter

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Occupation
--Machinist
There's a lot we do not know from Ford why they are waiting to release it in NA. Hopefully they will have it present at some Auto Show soon.
I see they are still having chip issues. Some of the ROW trucks are not coming with chip related options. ie Australia. As i have said if you want a truck soon go with another manufacturer. Hard enough for Ford to get out the Bronco then add on the Ranger in the MAP factory.

theek

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda
Occupation
Engineer
I wonder if my dealer will just let me call in the order and take my deposit with credit card.
I've ordered my last two cars that way. Never even entered the dealership on the latter as it was delivered to my home.

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
There's a lot we do not know from Ford why they are waiting to release it in NA. Hopefully they will have it present at some Auto Show soon.
I see they are still having chip issues. Some of the ROW trucks are not coming with chip related options. ie Australia. As i have said if you want a truck soon go with another manufacturer. Hard enough for Ford to get out the Bronco then add on the Ranger in the MAP factory.
Ford Ranger Drops Features In Australia Due To Shortages (fordauthority.com)

ssjx7squall

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Keep in mind the people online looking at this are the minority and the people who talk about a specific subject are a minority of a minority and those who hate it are even more of a minority of a minority of a minority. There will still be a large demand for these trucks especially the raptor as a cheaper alternative to the f150. I imagine the RR will be even more popular with younger drivers.

that being said the Tacoma is still the king of the midsize segment and I don’t see the new ranger xlt or lariats really dethroning it. So if you aren’t getting a RR or maybe a tremor I think you’ll be fineon ordering one

ssjx7squall

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
I also imagine the delay in announcing the 6th gen has to do with trying to squeeze all the 5gen sales out as much as possible. That and interest rates right now will definitely impact sales. I’m also sure trying to catch up on their bronco orders has something to do with it as well.

honestly for me the longer the wait the better (I’ll have more time to save) but like you guys the anticipation is still killing me

Sponsored

OH3Cobra

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby, 2003 Cobra, 2002 Miata, 2013 SRT8 300
Occupation
Sales
I predicted NYC auto show since they missed the Chicago show. I'm not Nostradamus but it's decent speculation with the pre production units (non disguised) and recent sightings.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
I also imagine the delay in announcing the 6th gen has to do with trying to squeeze all the 5gen sales out as much as possible. That and interest rates right now will definitely impact sales. I’m also sure trying to catch up on their bronco orders has something to do with it as well.

honestly for me the longer the wait the better (I’ll have more time to save) but like you guys the anticipation is still killing me
The 5g orders have been closed for a month now. Ford already knows how many orders they have and what needs to be built so there's no squeezing any more sales from it.

The only way the younger gens will be able to afford a Raptor is if they're trust fund brats at $60K+ price tag.

ssjx7squall

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
The 5g orders have been closed for a month now. Ford already knows how many orders they have and what needs to be built so there's no squeezing any more sales from it.

The only way the younger gens will be able to afford a Raptor is if they're trust fund brats at $60K+ price tag.
Who do you think buys most of the raptors now? I live in a neighborhood with 6 pavement princesses with raptor stickers on them now. The majority of people who will spend that much on a truck are either people with more money than sense or someone who actually uses it for off-roading. Who do you think is a bigger group?

the raptor is inferior for truck purposes at least the ranger one will be.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.