• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

TheQuixotic1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick, 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV.
Occupation
ATC
Which will bring up the inevitable question, can the ROW tank be swapped in to an NA model?
Depending upon the cost I wouldn't deem it worthwhile for 3 gallons. Just another disappointing lack of a feature. But possibly it becomes part of an optional package for the 2.7l so who the hell knows.

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
Someone stated there would be a live press thing at 3pm today. Anyone know where to find that?

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
No more tray in the dashboard. That is one of the best features.

Pac987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I'm really just hoping that is the pre production issue, because no rear air vents is kind of unacceptable for a 60K vehicle.

I think the ROW model has rear vents, can anyone confirm?
Yes they do. Even on the lower trim levels if I remember correctly.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
They should have ditched the stick shift in favor of a twist knob, for a longer center arm rest. That 4x4 selector looks to be in an odd place. And that's a huge center screen that will take time to get used to. I'll look into the 6G, maybe in '25.
I have a Maverick and absolutely hate the twist knob! It's 1 of the main reasons I was looking at upgrading to Ranger. Now I expect a bunch of people to chime in about how they love it, but they probably don't switch back and forth between 3 (sometimes 4 counting the RV) vehicles like I do. The Maverick gets driven far less than my Grand Cherokee DD and lately even less than our F-150. It is a PIA relearning the position of that knob each time.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
Which will bring up the inevitable question, can the ROW tank be swapped in to an NA model?
It's a diesel tank, and they require different things than a petrol tank.

bill_AUS

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020.75 Ford Ranger Raptor, 2013 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Senior Eng & Tech advisor
For those wanting 4A, just remember that in the global Ranger this only comes with the V6 diesel and in the Raptor (Wildtrak X is an exception, when the Tremor arrives it will likely have it). So don't expect to find 4A in the 2.3 engined US versions, it may be included with the 2.7.

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a Maverick and absolutely hate the twist knob! It's 1 of the main reasons I was looking at upgrading to Ranger. Now I expect a bunch of people to chime in about how they love it, but they probably don't switch back and forth between 3 (sometimes 4 counting the RV) vehicles like I do. The Maverick gets driven far less than my Grand Cherokee DD and lately even less than our F-150. It is a PIA relearning the position of that knob each time.
agreed. I'd rather have a stalk or even a standard transmission than the twisty knob or the in-dash PRNDL (like some GM vehicles)

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I was hoping for more than what they gave us, that's for sure. Outside of the Raptor, what features can Ford brag about vs the competition in this reveal? One more engine option that will be available somewhere down the line? BLIS for trailers? 400w power? Is that really what they want to hang their hats on for a reveal?

I'm desperately hoping they will be adding more colors to the mix, because their colorizer right now is showing: grey, grey, grey, silver, white, black, hot pepper red, and velocity blue. 3 different forms of grey?! Don't get me wrong, I like and appreciate the azure grey and cactus grey, but "come on man!"

We haven't known everything, we've speculated on everything. We go off what they put out into the world with their test mules, we try to extrapolate from past interviews, and we see what ROW has had and try to make sense of it for the American market. When test mules show different colors, when past interviews talk about hybrid drivetrains, when ROW has a substantially larger gas tank, and when the reveal gives none of that while the competition has announced it? Yeah, that's a disappointing reveal.

I am holding out hope for Eruption Green considering we have seen test mules with different colors than what they have listed currently on the launch page.

I am also holding out hope for cooled seats because, in the center console image of the Lariat, the seat buttons don't have a fixed heat icon on them; so hopefully that means three levels of red for warm and three levels of blue for cool. That is a BIG feature for me and me chronically-toasty buns. :LOL:
Only brag needed at this point: They beat Toyota by a week :LOL:

Reactions: MJE

Sponsored

GregV

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F150; 17 Mazda CX5
hilarious. The amount people that even use the full 6 is smaller than you think.
There are probably way more than you think. Why bother to build a Ranger you can't carry anything in? Might as well just buy a Bronco.

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
XLT is the one to get so far

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
XLT is the one to get so far
I had some time to watch some of the videos.

XLT had halogen if I saw that right and no led. All models should have led.
It has key start and not push button. Ford it is a 2024 model.

XLT has a smaller screens too. Wow.
XLT step not standard.

Hmc610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Taurus edge
Wow.... is the rear legroom correct?? Seems they were able to get some more room back there.

Disappointed there isn't a higher MPG option but looking good so far with the specs.....
Yes I thought the same….wondering if it is a misprint.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
According to all the pictures posted online that 4A mode is only available in the Raptor. That's ridiculous considering the overseas model had 4A as an option on the Sport and up. Even the F150 has it on at least the Lariat.

I gotta hand it to GM, they give it to you on the WT and up on the Colorado. Heck GM has had auto 4wd as an option on low-mid trim trucks since the feature was developed. My old '00 Sierra SLE had auto 4wd. I've had it on every truck since then and refuse to have one without it.
It's not that 4x4 auto is only on the Raptor, but the standard 4x4 no longer has a standard 2 speed transfer case. You now have to pay extra when you get a 4x4 if you want 4L. I kid you not.

The transmission shifter in the XL and XLT is the mechanical one straight out of the 5G. Outside of North America all models get the new electronic shifter.
Sponsored