• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Is there some behind the scenes issue?

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
Are these F150's sitting in a lot like the Rangers?
Sponsored

richman555

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Occupation
Software Engineer
I think there are 3 things at play. 1) Quality - probably allowing extra time for quality checks 2) Media events and driving reviews in March 3) Ford has a lot of inventory sitting on dealer lots right now so time to make room.

TVRangerSTX

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab XLT; 1969 Mercury Cougar convertible; Honda 500XL
Occupation
Bethlehem Steel/Self-Employed Metallurgist
I think there are 3 things at play. 1) Quality - probably allowing extra time for quality checks 2) Media events and driving reviews in March 3) Ford has a lot of inventory sitting on dealer lots right now so time to make room.
Not an F150 or Ranger on our local lot for months (granted, not a big city dealer). My dealer has been getting new Fords from a larger dealer with excess inventory, mainly Bronco Sports, Escapes, a couple Mustangs and Mach e's (ev's not selling despite huge markdowns). If I go to his website to search inventory, there's not even a checkbox to filter Rangers. Self fulfilling prophecy - if you can't make them, and don't market them, you won't sell them. Then you can stop the Ranger line, like they did in 2012, claiming no one was buying them!

pablo94sc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
I got an email with a new build date this morning. It was March 4 and now says april 8. What is strange is it has a different order number and a different Vin number. It's like I got someone else's order email.
Maybe your truck was picked for random crash testing and they are building you a new one?

sikedsyko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 05 Z4
My truck entered production last week. My salesman called me yesterday to tell me that and said he expects the truck by the end of March. Not sure if he actually has real info behind that timeframe or if that was just a generic guess.

Sponsored

All Terrain Nation

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Occupation
Media
Sigh...
The trucks will start shipping at the end of March/April
Press drives are middle of March..

And to the OP FORD never said trucks would be delivered summer of 2023. The truck wasn't scheduled to start production originally till late Sept.
Current issues have been some plastic parts on the bed of the trucks.. They lost a 3rd tier supplier due to strike

coldconfession13

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford edge
Occupation
IT
I just wish I knew why some builds were bumped

Mikefili

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger, 2004 Ranger
Occupation
Construction
I was watching a recent video by TFL Truck at the Chicago auto show and they said the 2024 F150s are not shipping because of a parts constraint. Maybe this same parts constraint is also affecting the Rangers. They did not elaborate on what the part was, but it's something.

Yes the "parts constraints" is possibly the dealers will go wild if Ford starts shipping 24's with the overwhelming amount of 23"s sitting on dealer lots

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
Yes the "parts constraints" is possibly the dealers will go wild if Ford starts shipping 24's with the overwhelming amount of 23"s sitting on dealer lots
I doubt there are many if any 2023 Rangers still sitting on lots.

Sponsored

jrRaptor

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 RRaptor, 93 cobra, 11 CTS-V, 15 GSX-R1000
Occupation
Engineer
I doubt there are many if any 2023 Rangers still sitting on lots.
Just saw one drive off a lot Saturday with a 30 day tag. Looked like a happy customer and was a nice looking Ranger.

I stared profusely.

porgey

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger XL Blue
Occupation
HD truck mechanic
I guess we are all frustrated by the lack of any official information. Everyone is just responding to these conspiracy theories. If there is indeed a quality issue, as a consumer, I would like to know the details.
What I was told at auto show by factory guy...ones built before strike are in them lots...not going OUT..after strike and holidays they started building trucks again..
Why everyone was pushed back...first run trucks had clearance problems with wire looms ect. 2.7 were overheating and no fix so their in lot...says build 300 a week..takes 3 hrs to go down line to be build...running 3 shifts now that f150 lightning shut down...says be a month before u see it from built date...what I was told

Craneop1972

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Z71
Occupation
Pimp
Your 1 and 2 make more sense to me. However your number 3 just seems ridiculous. Regardless of how much or little inventory is on the dealers lots. It won’t make me not get my Ranger Raptor, it won’t make me buy a F150 or anything else.. If I don’t get my Ranger I’ll get nothing. I’m not desperate to have any truck, I have any truck already. I’ve heard this same thought process so many times it’s just backwards thinking.
let’s build all these trucks not release them in hopes these people will buy our other truck. It’s just such a odd theory to me.

LarryM

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rm 1500
Occupation
Retired!
According to my dealer, my XLT had been marked as "produced" for the past month. Today, when they checked, it disappeared from their system. Does that mean it is now on a truck or train??? Maybe.........

CACTUSGREYFX4

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
According to my dealer, my XLT had been marked as "produced" for the past month. Today, when they checked, it disappeared from their system. Does that mean it is now on a truck or train??? Maybe.........
Remember that sink hole we saw in Michigan.....thats where it is :LOL:
Sponsored