• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Gator21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 & Wrangler
I built a 24 XLT 2WD and compared it to a 23 that I built, trying to match options as closely as I could, and there’s only about $250 difference. What am I doing wrong? According to y’all, the 24 should cost thousands more???

IMG_0826.jpeg
Try different trims and packages, and you'll get your answer. It's not an even price hike across the board.

Rando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
I've called more dealers than I'd like to admit. There are a bunch that charge MSRP but every one of them have long wait lists. The best I can do is 3rd or 4th in line which means I could be waiting years. The only way to have a shot is if you're willing to pay $15-30k over MSRP. It's so frustrating when I've been waiting so long to get one. I don't understand why @Ford Motor Company doesn't make more when the initial demand is so high.
They want to keep the demand propped up. Control the supply, control the demand. They already stated they don't want to go back to pre-pandemic and supply chain fiasco times. They want to under produce to drive everyone to ordering at msrp instead of having to do incentives to move off lots. They saw they made more moving less with that model and are attempting to maintain it.

Our only hope is that their competitors see that as an opportunity to take market share by not colluding with them. Too early to tell. That said, the local GM dealer here is swelling with full size trucks and are offering $4750 off in customer cash and dealer discounts on most models with some getting larger discounts. So there is an inkling of sign of a pullback eventually. It just hasn't trickled over to the midsize market yet.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
They want to keep the demand propped up. Control the supply, control the demand. They already stated they don't want to go back to pre-pandemic and supply chain fiasco times. They want to under produce to drive everyone to ordering at msrp instead of having to do incentives to move off lots. They saw they made more moving less with that model and are attempting to maintain it.

Our only hope is that their competitors see that as an opportunity to take market share by not colluding with them. Too early to tell. That said, the local GM dealer here is swelling with full size trucks and are offering $4750 off in customer cash and dealer discounts on most models with some getting larger discounts. So there is an inkling of sign of a pullback eventually. It just hasn't trickled over to the midsize market yet.
I do hope we go to the old model. Cars are something people need quickly and most don't have the luxury of waiting months, or years at a time for. As far as the Raptor demand, I can understand not wanting to build a ton of extras but why not build to order instead of this insane allotment game?

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SCREW STX SE
Occupation
machinist
So, XLT standard has manual AC. If you want dual zone climate control, you have to get the XLT High package for an additional $1445 or move up to Lariat. Just WOW!

BadBoyBillyRaptorRanger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
This Raptor will be 98% dealer order inventory and 2% customer orders.

Sponsored

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor and 24 Bronco Sport OBX
I'm about 4th at my dealer also and can get it at MSRP, just don't know how long it will be. Hoping to get it sometime next year. If I can't get it next year, I will get a Tacoma
Depending upon how your dealership falls in the q4 allocation model and how many Raptors ford can and decides to produce after the initial allotment of 1 each it could be a good while. If your much below 1 or two on the list for a Raptor, I'd not expect to see it for close to a year or longer dependent on the volume size of your dealer and how well they earn allocation in the q4 allocation model that's released by Ford.

I'm at the top of my dealer's list and will be pleasantly surprised if I see it by spring 24.

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor (Soon)
Depending upon how your dealership falls in the q4 allocation model and how many Raptors ford can and decides to produce after the initial allotment of 1 each it could be a good while. If your much below 1 or two on the list for a Raptor, I'd not expect to see it for close to a year or longer dependent on the volume size of your dealer and how well they earn allocation in the q4 allocation model that's released by Ford.

I'm at the top of my dealer's list and will be pleasantly surprised if I see it by spring 24.
right, that's what I'm afraid of and irritates me. I'm willing to give them the money and the way I look at it is they don't want it and would rather lose the money and market share. Build them as orders come in and make money. All the Raptors make big profits for Ford, why not take it.

G L Rockwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma off road
Occupation
self
This Raptor will be 98% dealer order inventory and 2% customer orders.
I've had maybe 3 out of 20 dealers tell me they will sell at msrp. Although the wait will likely be way too long and I will have likely decided on a 24 tacoma off road by then. The majority of the dealers are out right arrogant and makes me not want to ever even considering a Ford vehicle. I'm going to wait and see how this pans out over the next six months and be diligent. The one dealer said he had an offer of 8 grand over and asked if I would offer more, I asked what happens if someone offers more tomorrow and guess what he said.........what a circle jerk auction.

Sponsored

Moto26

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '17 F150
So, XLT standard has manual AC. If you want dual zone climate control, you have to get the XLT High package for an additional $1445 or move up to Lariat. Just WOW!
Trust me, you don’t want “dual zone electronic climate control”. If it’s anything like the Bronco’s system, it’s a bug-ridden, mind-of-its-own, pain in the ass. I really want the heated power seats that you can only get with the XLT High package, but I could live without the rear power slider and the larger display screen, and I hate the electronic A/C system. But this is where we are these days. A la carte ordering is a thing of the past…

I’ve only just begun exploring Chevy’s B&P, and it’s even worse than Ford’s! Talk about having buy all kinds of crap you don’t need in order to get one thing that you do… 😖

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had maybe 3 out of 20 dealers tell me they will sell at msrp. Although the wait will likely be way too long and I will have likely decided on a 24 tacoma off road by then. The majority of the dealers are out right arrogant and makes me not want to ever even considering a Ford vehicle. I'm going to wait and see how this pans out over the next six months and be diligent. The one dealer said he had an offer of 8 grand over and asked if I would offer more, I asked what happens if someone offers more tomorrow and guess what he said.........what a circle jerk auction.
In that for quite a while they will only be getting one Ranger Raptor, and they have no idea how many, much less when they will get more, I totally understand them asking for more than msrp. The mark up on them is not thousands and thousands like you all think, as Ford has been trimming margins more and more every year, and as Jim Farley has said, Ford is pushing for a "this is the price period model". The days of huge margins between invoice and msrp on most vehicles is quickly fading away.

I understand a Ford dealer with a limited production, high demand unit. wanting to make more than the $2k to $3k you make at msrp on it as well. This makes up for all of the, as little as $100 msrp mark ups, there are on low end Escapes. Mavericks, etc.

The mark up on a ranger raptor isn't nearly as much as it is on the F150 version. And again, it's a limited quantity unit, so it doesn't have to be given away like some of the more massed produced, and common vehicle models do to sell them.

So my problem is less with dealer mark ups, and totally with when they occur unannounced or at the last minute. A customer ought to be guaranteed the price that was agreed upon at the time of the order, including all fees, mark ups, etc. And both parties should then honor it upon delivery.

As long as you know what you are paying up front, and it's agreed upon, then it's fair to both parties.

If somehow Raptors lose their exclusively, or pent up demand, then the buyer will likely have a better position and the mark ups, etc would go away.

So, honestly, if you are getting to buy a dealer's only Raptor Ranger for the foreseeable future at MSRP, you are both getting a fair deal and should consider yourself fortunate.

Last edited:

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
In that for quite a while they will only be getting one Ranger Raptor, and they have no idea how many, much less when they will get more, I totally understand them asking for more than msrp.
Dealers make a killing on financing, extended warranties, paint/interior protection plans, and dealer options. The few thousand they get from a single Raptor should burn any good will they had with the customer.

Bt_okst

First Name
BT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Further, all of my Toyota dealer friends are going above MSRP on their TRD pro Tacomas, and other limited production models too. They may not for a friend or really good customer, but they are in most cases, so this isn't limited to Ford dealers. So saying you'll just run to Toyota may not accomplish anything.

Last edited:
OP
OP

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
A lot of people have pointed out the shortcomings of the Canyon/Colorado and the Ranger... It's kind of sad that for the midsize segment I ultimately have to ask myself "Which truck disappoints me the most?" But then Toyota does their launch and there are issues there too... No rear vents, rear seating room, who knows what price will be.... but in the end, I guess I have waiting this long, I may as well wait another 6-12 months and see what the Tacoma has in store for us. I did put a refundable deposit down at my local Toyota dealer because i know the cult following Tacomas have, but ultimately still not 100% decided which route i go...

Lariat w/2.7
Canyon AT4
Tacoma
..... time will tell i suppose.
Sponsored