• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Did I awaken from a Ranger Raptor fever dream?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
I was fully expecting this to happen... No way Ford was OK with this info being out there prior to the official reveal
Same thing happened with the Bronco. Someone inside MAP was posting unwrapped Broncos and lets just say it didn't go over well. He still has his job but couldn't post pictures/info anymore. This was a little different because it was unwrapped and out in the open so I doubt anyones in any major trouble. It's nice to see that Ford monitors these forums and hopefully takes some feedback (both good & bad) back with them.
Sponsored

Russd

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw bus
Occupation
Retired
Ranger raptor has been canceled! Cancel culture strikes again. Or was that in that other dimension I was visiting?🤔
Can’t keep track of this stuff anymore😵💫

Sponsored

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / 2020 XTL FX4 / 2007 escape / motos
Yes.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help people sell their car's in the easiest way possible.
I swear I had been following a thread all weekend about someone getting to ride in the new RRaptor but now I can't find it anywhere. Did Ford request it be taken down or something?
Looks like it was taken down... or maybe the Mandela effect :O

OP
OP
rwolfcastle

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
You're not crazy, yet. :crazy:😜

Unfortunately it had to be removed.
Glad I'm not completely losing it. Though I was planning on kissing that thread goodnight every night until they made it official. :)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Glad I'm not completely losing it. Though I was planning on kissing that thread goodnight every night until they made it official. :)
Haha, it brought flashbacks of the Bronco launch to me. Look at me but you're never going to own one. :shock::confused:But at least we got a teaser of what's to come.

Sponsored

Mcssls

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Nurse
Want more fun? We see this on the page but it takes you to a thread about down pipes.
Probably been there a while but seeing order banks open got my attention
Ford Ranger Did I awaken from a Ranger Raptor fever dream? 20F1A29C-ECB5-49E4-BBA0-F8B288ACE3DA

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACHER
Haha! Glad I saved all the photos!
I did not save the photos (who knew?), just the memories of a practical review that confirmed my desire to make the Ranger Raptor my next truck. Anyway, there will be tons of reviews, too many to read, once the truck officially launches...

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
to be fair, unless you are using incognito browsing or cleared your cache...we all still have the images saved. just gotta dig around your temporary internet files if you want them that badly.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
I was fully expecting this to happen... No way Ford was OK with this info being out there prior to the official reveal
That was my thought at first too.
My guess it was a marketing carrot dangled in front of us by Ford. Posted and removed by design.
...and then I started thinking the same thing.

Ford's not going to let someone take a completely unwrapped, unrevealed vehicle home.........and if they do, that person would signing all types of confidentiality agreements. IMO, this was for sure a marketing ploy.
I'm sure Ford is feeling the heat from the mostly positive comments about the new twins and feels the need to do something to keep customers waiting.
The reveal of the memory function and power rear window has me thinking about the Ranger again; when I was all but committed to one of the twins.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJE

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
That was my thought at first too.
...and then I started thinking the same thing.

Ford's not going to let someone take a completely unwrapped, unrevealed vehicle home.........and if they do, that person would signing all types of confidentiality agreements. IMO, this was for sure a marketing ploy.
I'm sure Ford is feeling the heat from the mostly positive comments about the new twins and feels the need to do something to keep customers waiting.
The reveal of the memory function and power rear window has me thinking about the Ranger again; when I was all but committed to one of the twins.
TBH, I don't think Ford is paying as much attention to the GM twins as some people here assume. Toyota is far and away the class leading seller with nearly 250K units sold annually. That, IMO is everybody's benchmark, but competitors are on different paths carving out their sales share and class growth strategies. IIRC, 5G Ranger was selling like 96k units annually up until this year. If Ford is looking at anything as a target, it would be Frontier who also took an ancient platform and modernized it. Baby steps here- Ford is too broke to mount full on competitions in every single segment every year based on what others are doing. Of course I could be wrong...
Sponsored