• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company Here

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Laramie Sport
Could not disagree more. This reeks of generational tunnel vision. There is an established customer base that does not want wild looking vehicles full of plastic fascias and looks like a Baja 500 pre runner. I'd wager 90% of buyers want evolutionary modest changes and will buy this before even sniffing anything edgy or muscular looking but impractical for daily drivers and outrageous pricing. The 10% that want to drive Tranformers have 2 great options you mentioned - have at it :like:
So what you're saying is that Ford should be OK with their truck being at the bottom of the barrel? The Ranger is outsold by every single midsize truck on the market except the Ridgeline which isn't even a truck. And they should be content with that?

Well, they're going to continue to be eaten alive by the new Tacoma, Colorado, and Canyon. So they're going to get what they asked for.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
So what you're saying is that Ford should be OK with their truck being at the bottom of the barrel? The Ranger is outsold by every single midsize truck on the market except the Ridgeline which isn't even a truck. And they should be content with that?

Well, they're going to continue to be eaten alive by the new Tacoma, Colorado, and Canyon. So they're going to get what they asked for.
The numbers for Colorado/Canyon were combined. I think Ford sold more than each of them, or at least more than GMC. Also, that was an old gen model that everyone knew was getting a refresh soon. The new one looks great overall and will do just fine as long as Ford can make them fast enough.

DirtyRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger
The numbers for Colorado/Canyon were combined. I think Ford sold more than each of them, or at least more than GMC. Also, that was an old gen model that everyone knew was getting a refresh soon. The new one looks great overall and will do just fine as long as Ford can make them fast enough.
2020 and 2021, the Ranger outsold the Colorado. ’22 everyone was waiting for the new Canyon, ‘23 everyone’s waiting for the new Ranger. I genuinely think that’s the only reason we got the Splash, as a last ditch effort to get rid of some of the spare parts under the guise of new paint.

They are very much eye to eye as competitors

Sponsored

NC Spuds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Lexus RC 350, GMC Canyon Denali on order
Occupation
Seed potatoes
@Ford Motor Company, can you please confirm if the 2024’s will be flat towable? I haven’t been able to find this information anywhere online yet.

Richard Conley

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2016 Honda Accord Touring
Thanks Ford! Going to place my order tomorrow for a raptor (I’m #1). Any chance there will be a Ford warrantee tune on the raptor in the future?
What we need is to be able to buy the Ford tune separate from the ProCal which same across Ford models- I already have the tool when I did my '19 and I don't need another tool, just the tune files.

BSmith

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Occupation
QA
I would turn around and walk out of the dealer for good if they marked the price above MSRP. Plenty of other dealers and brands to choose from.
No dealers are selling at MSPR in NJ or eastern PA, I damn near call all of them. I had market prices from 5K to 30K over. I'm putting in my order in tomorrow and I was able to get the dealer down to 6K over. I have a Bronco Raptor on order and I was able to get for 8K over. They are all the using the excuse that its specialty vehicle and they are only getting 1 allocation for the year.

tbalt14

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electronic technician
No dealers are selling at MSPR in NJ or eastern PA, I damn near call all of them. I had market prices from 5K to 30K over. I'm putting in my order in tomorrow and I was able to get the dealer down to 6K over. I have a Bronco Raptor on order and I was able to get for 8K over. They are all the using the excuse that its specialty vehicle and they are only getting 1 allocation for the year.
I just wouldn't do it, GMC would be getting my business. ;)

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired

no, I'm thinking they will try to get back to ~100k annual as a 1st step, and alienating 90% of the potential buyers they need to do that are not focused on edgy new looks that change when the wind blows like so much of modern culture. BTW: I believe Ranger even with reduced sales the last 2 years after announcing the new 6G coming finished ahead of Ridgeline, Frontier and Canyon. Next up would be trying to overtake Jeep Gladiator (how angular and masculine is that rig?).

G L Rockwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 tacoma off road
Occupation
self
I have one at 2G over and their 1800 package they add to every car. I believe I can stomach that.

I had one 20 over and another at 15. Told them to suck it.

JustPassingBy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A6
Occupation
Retired
no, I'm thinking they will try to get back to ~100k annual as a 1st step, and alienating 90% of the potential buyers they need to do that are not focused on edgy new looks that change when the wind blows like so much of modern culture. BTW: I believe Ranger even with reduced sales the last 2 years after announcing the new 6G coming finished ahead of Ridgeline, Frontier and Canyon. Next up would be trying to overtake Jeep Gladiator (how angular and masculine is that rig?).
Frontier actually outsold Ranger for 2022 per data from TFL Truck shown below. But, there have been a lot of moving parts across the different manufacturers over the last couple of years, against a backdrop of changing models and supply chain issues, so IMO drawing conclusions on what the market wants in mid-size isn't clear from the data. Ford needs to be careful though not to misread this and to not assume they can just cut-n-paste F-150 market dynamics understanding onto the mid-range truck market. They already misread the high demand there was going to be for the hybrid in Maverick.

Things will still be skewed for 2023 given minimal new model shipments from either Ford or Toyota. What is known is that the bread and butter for Toyota has been stated to be the TRD Off Road, which perhaps provides a hint as to what has driven mid-size demand in the last few years if not for a much longer time period.

Also Ford should be measuring itself against GM as a whole, not Canyon and Colorado individually. The media is already doing this per TFL and frankly the new GM twins are basically one truck model with 9 trim levels, Canyon doesn't even have a work truck variant. There is more variation and options in Tacoma's 8 new grades than GM's 9 trims.

Ford Ranger Ford Motor Company Here Annual mid-size truck sales
Sponsored