• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

MSRP is a pipe dream…

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
The people paying huge markups are almost all high income/low net worth folks.
Maybe not. Some are leveraged to the max and survive using credit and massive debt they normally can’t sustain. Keeping up with the Jones’.

My wife and I always lived below our means comfortably on no more than middle class income. Been retired since 2014 and simply continued what we always did without skipping a beat with only a tiny affordable mortgage for debt.

different strokes for different folks…
Sponsored

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
MSRP is not pipe dream. It sucks but you need do your research find dealers in your area or region that will honor. They will market it saying they do. If you custom order one you can find it.

Cavemold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Yeah no need to fuel the fire with all that name calling.

Would I pay above sticker for a truck I’ve been wanting since it was released overseas?

Yes but if it’s within my budget of course.
Id pay 10k over to get ranger wildtrak from overseas in heartbeat. only exception

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
The people that said they found a 2024 RR at MSRP are either delusional, lucky or had inside connects. Maybe even all of the above.

Cheers to those who snagged it at MSRP.

I’ll be waiting patiently for the hype to cool down and try my luck again when the time comes.

In the meantime, anybody have any leads to MSRP? :)

There were allot of people who bought the Maverick at msrp only to find yea the dealer sold at MSRP but then tacked on different office fees, nitrogen filled tires and protection packages etc..

OP
OP
Fes29

Fes29

First Name
Leester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota N130 (2nd Gen), Honda EF8, BMW E82
Occupation
Creative Content Producer
There were allot of people who bought the Maverick at msrp only to find yea the dealer sold at MSRP but then tacked on different office fees, nitrogen filled tires and protection packages etc..
Yup. It’s a “suggested” retail price. The dealer can tack on extra fees when you walk in that door.

Sponsored

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 pinto V8, 1995 Mustang GT conv, 2019 SuperCab 2WD Ranger, 2016 Transit Connect
What a bunch of self-righteous malarkey.

Some of us paid a few extra thousand to get our hands on Raptor first big whoop get over it. I have never seen so much butt hurt on a car forum in a very long time.
Its really not either one. You don't think so either, or you would not have seen self restraint as righteousness.... self or otherwise.
Fact is, the foolishness of our neighbors does affect each of us in negative ways. ;)

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 pinto V8, 1995 Mustang GT conv, 2019 SuperCab 2WD Ranger, 2016 Transit Connect
Yup. It’s a “suggested” retail price. The dealer can tack on extra fees when you walk in that door.
"Suggested" also implies that you can negotiate the price to your advantage... so it works both ways.
Nobody can screw you over on a car deal (except you :giggle:)

OP
OP
Fes29

Fes29

First Name
Leester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota N130 (2nd Gen), Honda EF8, BMW E82
Occupation
Creative Content Producer
"Suggested" also implies that you can negotiate the price to your advantage... so it works both ways.
Nobody can screw you over on a car deal (except you :giggle:)
100% 👍

yoopercharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford SVT Raptor
With all due respect, people who pay over list are the ones incapable of showing restraint.
I have never paid even close to MSRP and never will, but those without financial discipline are making that more difficult every year. Wait until you have saved the CASH to buy a new vehicle and see if you think that stack of hundreds on the dealers desk is starting to look a little tall! :crying:
Remember the borrower is a slave to the lender.

Besides, with the extortion going on in the service department, they could just about give the vehicles away and still make a profit.
Personally, I won't pay over MSRP but I don't have a problem with people that do. I must say though I think your comment on financing is foolish. I make minimum payments on my current truck while my high-yield savings account more than covers the interest accrued on the debt. I could pay off that loan today if I wanted, but it would be a net loss in cash flow. I encourage everyone to look at their financial situation and do what is best for them. Money is not one-size-fits-all, regardless of how much Dave Ramsey wants it to be.

Not to mention, it's perfectly fine for people to take on manageable debt for a WANT if they so choose. There's a delicate balance between enjoying life now and saving for the future. You're in no position to tell strangers on the internet how they should approach that dilemma.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I must have missed the respect part. We don’t set the rules for this game. You play by their rules, or stay out of the game. I agree about paying cash being the best way most of the time. I have been fortunate enough to do that strictly since 2007.

When I was younger and struggling I didn’t have that option. Many people also don’t have that option but need a car 🚗 Other people prefer financing for their own benefit. It isn’t a 1 size fits all situation, and I try not to criticize other choices than mine.
Your heart is in the right place
The way I see it, if a person continues to borrow more than really necessary, he won't stay "younger" but he will keep struggling.;)
Good advice isn't the same as condescension and a little restraint is better than none.

Sponsored

Snkrjeff020

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Occupation
Medical Scientist
My view on this forum is not to give people financial advice or lessons, or presume to know each individuals financial situations or their motivations or prerogatives. The one commonality we all have, that brought us to here, is our enthusiasm for this next generation of Ranger.

With that said, I encourage people to be more empathetic to others situations. While, none of us like paying an ADM, and some are adamantly against it, not everyone has a situation where they can avoid it. In other words, just because you got it for MSRP doesn't mean others with have that same opportunity.

btguenther

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Platinum / 2005 Mustang Convertible
Came to the forum because I figured it would be people who like Rangers. Already is a strange vibe so far. A lot of self-righteous opinions and interesting perspectives. I’ll check in from time to time, but this forum has been a turn off to forums in general. Good luck all, hope you get your cool trucks and enjoy them.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Came to the forum because I figured it would be people who like Rangers. Already is a strange vibe so far. A lot of self-righteous opinions and interesting perspectives. I’ll check in from time to time, but this forum has been a turn off to forums in general. Good luck all, hope you get your cool trucks and enjoy them.

You just described the internet. All my hobbies I use forums and same stuff goes on.
Facebook groups are far worse.
Actually 5G has been pretty good except when the big pollical thread started spilling over to everything.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally, I won't pay over MSRP but I don't have a problem with people that do. I must say though I think your comment on financing is foolish. I make minimum payments on my current truck while my high-yield savings account more than covers the interest accrued on the debt. I could pay off that loan today if I wanted, but it would be a net loss in cash flow. I encourage everyone to look at their financial situation and do what is best for them. Money is not one-size-fits-all, regardless of how much Dave Ramsey wants it to be.

Not to mention, it's perfectly fine for people to take on manageable debt for a WANT if they so choose. There's a delicate balance between enjoying life now and saving for the future. You're in no position to tell strangers on the internet how they should approach that dilemma.
A man must be rational to be sane but he must still be able to rationalize a little.
Your post demonstrates that balance very well! :like:

btguenther

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Platinum / 2005 Mustang Convertible
You just described the internet. All my hobbies I use forums and same stuff goes on.
Facebook groups are far worse.
Actually 5G has been pretty good except when the big pollical thread started spilling over to everything.
I’ve been off of social media for a few years and I guess I had forgotten. Again, good luck to all. I’ll probably post a photo if I end up getting the Raptor I ordered down the road.
Sponsored