• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

MSRP is a pipe dream…

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
The 'got to have it now' mentality is the reason for high introductory prices on many thing. EX I-phones - people will line up day before release to replace last years model. manufactures know this, hence $1,000 - $1,500 phones.
And as for Farley, that's just lip service. When I hear 'non-negotiable' pricing, I hear 'we will increase the MSRP, take or leave it'.
iPhones aren't a great example. They've always cost around $1k. Years ago, when you could buy a new one for less than $500, that was because the carriers were subsidizing the cost of the phone for a 2 year contract. All carriers stopped subsidizing the cost and got rid of the traditional contracts which is why the phone went up to it's regular price.

The newest phones have gone up in price but only by $100-$200. That's reflected in more expensive parts. Newer phones have more tech crammed into them which costs a bit more.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fes29

Fes29

First Name
Leester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota N130 (2nd Gen), Honda EF8, BMW E82
Occupation
Creative Content Producer
New allocations hit some of my dealer this month. I got a few calls and the prices went from $10k over to $20k over MSRP this month. I waited 10 years for a RR. I can wait another 10 or just buy a Tacoma.
Same here.

I almost got on the hype train and pulled the trigger at $5k over, but I can wait, just as you said.

The RR is my dream vehicle ever since the Raptor SVT days. The mid size is just the right fit for my needs and wants.

It’s going to happen sooner or later.

bking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Same here.

I almost got on the hype train and pulled the trigger at $5k over, but I can wait, just as you said.

The RR is my dream vehicle ever since the Raptor SVT days. The mid size is just the right fit for my needs and wants.

It’s going to happen sooner or later.
I know I'd have walked if they tried to hit me with an ADM. I do have a signed sales agreement with the price, but if they try to pull a fast one I'll be walking over to the Toyota dealer.

medocbiga

First Name
biga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
You now u can find F150 raptor at MSRP, not like in 2021 for the third generation, for me it just too big!

OP
OP
Fes29

Fes29

First Name
Leester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota N130 (2nd Gen), Honda EF8, BMW E82
Occupation
Creative Content Producer
You now u can find F150 raptor at MSRP, not like in 2021 for the third generation, for me it just too big!
This is what I’m hoping will happen with the Ranger and Ranger Raptor.

Hype will die down eventually. I’m willing to wait.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Honestly I do not care what someone spends their money on it is their money.

But you do not know this. Ford could very well pull out of the NA market again if the Ranger does not sell well to make the Bronco. Lots will depend on the markets, the economy.

There also is allot of competition in the midsized market and could lead to lower prices. No one knows the future.

I honestly think prices will come down on trucks in general. Ford may be the exception because I am not sure Ford really cares much for the midsize market in the USA so supply may be tight always there. We shall see.

Also if Ford takes as many delays to release G6 as it did G5 we may not see the New Ranger for a very long time.
Ford abandoned the Compact truck market in favor of pushing people into pricier full size with more profit. Compact market basically evaporated. The remaining players morphed their compacts into pricier mid-size with Toyota dominating. New players entered midsize market and Ford saw space for market share there. The return of 5G Ranger as midsize looks to be fairly long term with roadmap for T6 stretching out a decade.

Bronco popularity and sales has always been cyclical. Currently riding the initial wave but inevitably will peak and taper off as they become less scarce and demand satisfied. Any economic crash will cause severe cutbacks on spending for this type of vehicle. IMO Ford will expect MAP to easily accommodate both vehicles with % shifting based on demand and market conditions.

If sales stay high they can add shifts to increase production and not be left with over capacity nightmares should demand for either or both crater. Of course I could be wrong🤷‍♂️
This is what I’m hoping will happen with the Ranger and Ranger Raptor.

Hype will die down eventually. I’m willing to wait.
Hype will die down for sure especially as magazines do comparisons of all latest midsize trucks. The wild card is will supply ever catch up to demand of any size? Waiting lists for Lightning Mach E Bronco Maverick have a poor record on that so far…

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Ford abandoned the Compact truck market in favor of pushing people into pricier full size with more profit. Compact market basically evaporated. The remaining players morphed their compacts into pricier mid-size with Toyota dominating. New players entered midsize market and Ford saw space for market share there. The return of 5G Ranger as midsize looks to be fairly long term with roadmap for T6 stretching out a decade.

Bronco popularity and sales has always been cyclical. Currently riding the initial wave but inevitably will peak and taper off as they become less scarce and demand satisfied. Any economic crash will cause severe cutbacks on spending for this type of vehicle. IMO Ford will expect MAP to easily accommodate both vehicles with % shifting based on demand and market conditions.

If sales stay high they can add shifts to increase production and not be left with over capacity nightmares should demand for either or both crater. Of course I could be wrong🤷‍♂️

Hype will die down for sure especially as magazines do comparisons of all latest midsize trucks. The wild card is will supply ever catch up to demand of any size? Waiting lists for Lightning Mach E Bronco Maverick have a poor record on that so far…
This is probably how reality will play out in a nutshell. The ranger Raptor will become more readily available but I don't foresee that happening for a minimum of 3 years and to be quite honest even after 3 years I don't see dealerships adopting just MSRP across the board anyhow on this trim. There are no problems with f150 Raptor production but I still see them on a lot with a markup.

Yes if you were diligent enough you may be able to find a dealer who's not worried about ADM but I'm talking about in general not anecdotal.

How long is the bronco Raptor been available? I've yet to see one sitting on a lot with my own two eyes.

RaptorFP

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sonata N Line
It takes time and patience, but I've been able to find a little bit after looking a dealer who will sell at MSRP. There are honest dealers in the sea of crooks scalping people for money. Hint if you're looking for MSRP pricing try all the smaller dealers in the middle of nowhere, they are more likely to be will to do MSRP vs bigger dealers. If some people like to pay more or be taken for a 10k ride at the dealer that's on them, whatever makes them happy, but I don't pay more than something is worth, I value my work too much for that and took it upon myself to find an honest MSRP dealer.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
It takes time and patience, but I've been able to find a little bit after looking a dealer who will sell at MSRP. There are honest dealers in the sea of crooks scalping people for money. Hint if you're looking for MSRP pricing try all the smaller dealers in the middle of nowhere, they are more likely to be will to do MSRP vs bigger dealers. If some people like to pay more or be taken for a 10k ride at the dealer that's on them, whatever makes them happy, but I don't pay more than something is worth, I value my work too much for that and took it upon myself to find an honest MSRP dealer.
You don't get to give permission for people on how they spend their money like your neutral and then turn around and and tell people what they're allowed to pay based on what you personally value a limited resource item on.

If you're going to take digs at people then own it.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
It takes time and patience, but I've been able to find a little bit after looking a dealer who will sell at MSRP. There are honest dealers in the sea of crooks scalping people for money. Hint if you're looking for MSRP pricing try all the smaller dealers in the middle of nowhere, they are more likely to be will to do MSRP vs bigger dealers. If some people like to pay more or be taken for a 10k ride at the dealer that's on them, whatever makes them happy, but I don't pay more than something is worth, I value my work too much :for that and took it upon myself to find an honest MSRP dealer.
Just a little food for thought here : MSRP now is not actually the same $ amount you will pay when you wait for an ordered vehicle to actually arrive. Ford averages 2 MSRP bumps per year last couple years. If you don’t actually Receive your truck for 18 months after ordering, your base vehicle price + options will have increased ~ 6%. You can’t do anything about that. Also the shipping charges increase typically annually too. Finance rates won’t be locked over those 18 months either. MSRP is really a Red herring argument regarding what your actual contract purchase price will be over time.

final thought here, even MSRP selling dealers may have high document, registration, processing fees and/or add packages like LoJack, window tinting, locking wheel lugs and more without notifying you. Then they refuse to remove and tell you take it or leave on the deal. It’s really a bigger picture to consider for what your actual OTD contract costs end up at.

Sponsored

RaptorFP

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sonata N Line
You don't get to give permission for people on how they spend their money like your neutral and then turn around and and tell people what they're allowed to pay based on what you personally value a limited resource item on.

If you're going to take digs at people then own it.
2 things-
Where have I given anyone permission or not on how to spend their money? I've said if it makes them happy so be it, but I'm not the person to pay over MSRP. Moreover, I have never claimed that others are allowed to pay anything, see below-
Clearly you missed the point where I said that "* I *don't pay more than something is worth, *I* value my work too much for that and took it upon myself to find an honest MSRP dealer."

RaptorFP

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sonata N Line
Just a little food for thought here : MSRP now is not actually the same $ amount you will pay when you wait for an ordered vehicle to actually arrive. Ford averages 2 MSRP bumps per year last couple years. If you don’t actually Receive your truck for 18 months after ordering, your base vehicle price + options will have increased ~ 6%. You can’t do anything about that. Also the shipping charges increase typically annually too. Finance rates won’t be locked over those 18 months either. MSRP is really a Red herring argument regarding what your actual contract purchase price will be over time.

final thought here, even MSRP selling dealers may have high document, registration, processing fees and/or add packages like LoJack, window tinting, locking wheel lugs and more without notifying you. Then they refuse to remove and tell you take it or leave on the deal. It’s really a bigger picture to consider for what your actual OTD contract costs end up at.
In my scenario waiting works out in my favor only because I still have another vehicle I'm leasing so I'm fine with that, no rush at all. 6% increase is still less however than $10k or more some dealers are demanding. Finance rates are dependent on many factors- months, downpayment, going through Ford vs going through a credit union. What may not make sense for you may make sense for me or others and vice versa.

Regarding add ons etc. not all dealers do that. Yes, there are some shady ones who will force you into it to buy the vehicle, but not all. At the end of the day it's the individuals choice if they want to pay 10k or 20k extra to the dealership or look around/wait for one at MSRP. I've made my choice.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
To be fair, if a dealer is adding window tinting and other options, then at least you're still getting something for the extra money. To pay extra money with absolutely no add ons seems crazy.

JKinPA

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Occupation
Supply Chain
My opinion and not getting political, the economy will tank even further in the next 18 months. I’ll wait and move when people can’t spend the money. Saw it before and when the leverage flips I will take advantage. I’m old but not that old, lol. It’s a want not a need so I will leverage my want when the conditions are right. Every auto maker will pay for their greed and I am not above twisting it a bit when the time comes. Oh, I own Ford stock and have for awhile but they have their heads up their a$$ with throwing big $$$ at electric when America is not ready for it. Just my opinion and I am allowed.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
2 things-
Where have I given anyone permission or not on how to spend their money? I've said if it makes them happy so be it, but I'm not the person to pay over MSRP. Moreover, I have never claimed that others are allowed to pay anything, see below-
Clearly you missed the point where I said that "* I *don't pay more than something is worth, *I* value my work too much for that and took it upon myself to find an honest MSRP dealer."
I paid ADM.

The raptor is worth it.

I value my work.

I bought it from an honest dealer.

So now that I've countered with the exact opposite what was even the point of saying any of what you said.
Sponsored

Last edited: