• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

MSRP is a pipe dream…

medocbiga

First Name
biga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
ford all ready pushed back job#1 so nobody really know when is going to happen.
if the demand for bronco is strong ,will more waiting time as built on same line.
Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
I won't compromise on my principles in this matter.

any ADM and I walk,
Hope you have good shoes for all that walking 😝 popular items in short supply have always commanded premium prices. It is, what it is. Just don’t keep whining on here next couple years while everyone else posts about enjoying their new trucks and all you have to show for all the wasted time is your precious principle 😂

by then, the MSRP will be more than any ADM you would have paid to get it sooner.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Are people insisting they won’t pay more than MSRP going refuse taking possession of their trucks after a long wait if dealer reneges on previous MSRP promise or installs add ons you didn’t agree to and won’t sell the truck without them? This is happening industry wide daily…

Last edited:

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Nobody's dealership should be promising them current MSRP anyhow as the dealer bulletin clearly stated that raptors cannot be price locked until the build begins due to the current parts vendor market.

I already knew before I placed my order but my dealership still had me sign an extra line in the paperwork acknowledging this.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Nobody's dealership should be promising them current MSRP anyhow as the dealer bulletin clearly stated that raptors cannot be price locked until the build begins due to the current parts vendor market.

I already knew before I placed my order but my dealership still had me sign an extra line in the paperwork acknowledging this.
If the manufacturer changes MSRP, then it's still MSRP. My dealer charges only MSRP so that's what I'll pay. If Ford raises the price due to supply or whatever, that's fine as it's still MSRP and not ADM.

Sponsored

KevR

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor in AGM
I had a dealer in New Mexico tell me they could order it right away for me - at $10k ADM. I said no and he says "well, those trucks aren't for everyone." LOL, it's going to be my next truck, clown. So it is for me.

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Are people insisting they won’t pay more than MSRP going refuse taking possession of their trucks after a long wait if dealer reneges on previous MSRP promise or installs add ons you didn’t agree to and won’t sell the truck without them? This is happening industry wide daily…
Yes, any dealer who would do this is extremely dishonest and should not be doing business with them anyway. If they are willing to do that, who knows what else they are dishonest about with repairs, etc.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
If the manufacturer changes MSRP, then it's still MSRP. My dealer charges only MSRP so that's what I'll pay. If Ford raises the price due to supply or whatever, that's fine as it's still MSRP and not ADM.
That is not what I said I said any dealership who promises to lock in the current MSRP is lying.

LuckyMonkey7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Lightning
Hope you have good shoes for all that walking 😝 popular items in short supply have always commanded premium prices. It is, what it is. Just don’t keep whining on here next couple years while everyone else posts about enjoying their new trucks and all you have to show for all the wasted time is your precious principle 😂

by then, the MSRP will be more than any ADM you would have paid to get it sooner.
I dont need it, thats the thing. So I can wait or look elsewhere if Ford wants to play games or tacoma is a better truck for my needs.
I get by on my current vehicles fine.

In too many experiences, dealerships are shady and a bunch of liars.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I dont need it, thats the thing. So I can wait or look elsewhere if Ford wants to play games or tacoma is a better truck for my needs.
I get by on my current vehicles fine.

In too many experiences, dealerships are shady and a bunch of liars.
Totally reasonable. I’m currently leaning Nissan Frontier as they have them on lots right now in the configuration I want with extended cab + 6’ bed, 2WD. It’s assumed Ranger will eventually have that configuration- but when and how much? Nissan is well priced, equipped, and shipping from factory less than Ford- and already included in MSRP.

Their biggest knock for me is believe it or not ADM, lol. It’s no way justifiable based on their market share and ranking in the class. I hear it’s going away at clearance time and is a fixed $1350.00 at all dealers. Not a deal breaker and even if I paid it, the OTD price is less than Ranger, Ridgeline, Gladiator- and probably similar trim Toyota when prices available.

I don’t need to act immediately, so can take some time for best deal as they materialize. All good 👍

Sponsored

NC Spuds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Lexus RC 350, GMC Canyon Denali on order
Occupation
Seed potatoes
Ahh, the innocence of youth. I remember it fondly. All my life I felt 10’ tall and bulletproof. Had a great career that let me retire early and move away to a nice mountain community with healthy retirement accounts.

Learned about Mavericks before Ford admitted it was real. Local dealer policy is MSRP 👍 Didn’t mind waiting nearly 11 months to get it as I have other cars and motorcycles too.

Ended up in ER day after Christmas after passing Kidney Stones and diagnosed with infection and Chronic Kidney Disease- out of nowhere! I may have 1-3 cancers as well that needs several more months of testing to sort out to conclusion. Worst case scenario is Bladder cancer where 5 year life expectancy chances are 77% and considered success. Already found negative on lung and liver cancer suspicions 👍

You think I give a $hit about a couple grand over MSRP right now on some specious principle that won’t change ADM anyway? I don’t even want to play the Ranger waiting game with certain delays and false starts and quality issues and recalls like the Maverick experience.

nope, I want my new truck ASAP before I even get final diagnosis on upcoming tests. Sitting on my wallet and not enjoying my new ride would be as stupid as getting voted off Survivor with a pocket full of Idols hoping I can gamble and win.

BTW: anyone that has an order in for MSRP better verify price protection and locked finance rates no matter how long it takes to actually get your truck. Ford bumps MSRP every couple months of production now and I don’t believe you are immune from that or increased interest rates or other incentives that were only offered at time of purchase. Check your fine print…
Sending thoughts and prayers your way. My wife is currently battling a terminal case of lung cancer. Perspectives and priorities certainly change when the realization of mortality sets in! Wish you the best.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Sending thoughts and prayers your way. My wife is currently battling a terminal case of lung cancer. Perspectives and priorities certainly change when the realization of mortality sets in! Wish you the best.
Thank you, and best wishes to you and your wife. I didn’t even want to post this personal stuff, but gentle suggestions about paying ADM in different life situations didn’t seem to register.

It is always said many things are treatable and manageable if caught early and we need to advocate for ourselves in modern health care. I was completely taken by surprise, but later thought I was given a chance to try to catch things before it is too late. I’m pushing like hell to solve these 1 by 1. They actually downplayed lung nodules and liver lesions and couldn’t provide basic information why I shouldn’t be concerned. I got the information and understand now. 2 down, 3 to go.

take care and find peace wherever you can 🫶

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 pinto V8, 1995 Mustang GT conv, 2019 SuperCab 2WD Ranger, 2016 Transit Connect
How about showing a little restraint and respect for people that operate differently from your idealism instead of name calling? People pay what they are comfortable with based on their own situation and boycotting a big company for using market price is unworkable.
With all due respect, people who pay over list are the ones incapable of showing restraint.
I have never paid even close to MSRP and never will, but those without financial discipline are making that more difficult every year. Wait until you have saved the CASH to buy a new vehicle and see if you think that stack of hundreds on the dealers desk is starting to look a little tall! :crying:
Remember the borrower is a slave to the lender.

Besides, with the extortion going on in the service department, they could just about give the vehicles away and still make a profit.

KevR

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Ranger Raptor in AGM
With all due respect, people who pay over list are the ones incapable of showing restraint.
I have never paid even close to MSRP and never will, but those without financial discipline are making that more difficult every year. Wait until you have saved the CASH to buy a new vehicle and see if you think that stack of hundreds on the dealers desk is starting to look a little tall! :crying:

Besides, with the extortion going on in the service department, they could just about give the vehicles away and still make a profit.
The people paying huge markups are almost all high income/low net worth folks.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired

I must have missed the respect part. We don’t set the rules for this game. You play by their rules, or stay out of the game. I agree about paying cash being the best way most of the time. I have been fortunate enough to do that strictly since 2007.

When I was younger and struggling I didn’t have that option. Many people also don’t have that option but need a car 🚗 Other people prefer financing for their own benefit. It isn’t a 1 size fits all situation, and I try not to criticize other choices than mine.
Sponsored