Sponsored

Besides Method wheels what are other good wheel companies???

jordantii

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jordan
Joined
Dec 12, 2025
Threads
24
Messages
539
Reaction score
511
Location
Tampa Bay
Website
www.straptacademy.com
Vehicle(s)
2025 RR
This is my first off road vehicle, RR, and I don't like the +55 offset and the weight of the stock wheels. I am interested in a new set of wheels. I know Method is a go to brand and they have their "Bead Grip" tech on some of their wheels. With Method our choices are q bit limited. So what are the other brands out there that you guys are running?
Sponsored

 

Shrek The Raptor

Well-Known Member
First Name
George
Joined
Apr 5, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
111
Reaction score
118
Location
atlanta
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Coming from the jeep world, a lot will swear by the teraflex wheels, not my style but they’ve got a good system to keep beads.
 

NYMPHS

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Mar 8, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
54
Reaction score
178
Location
Phoenix
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Raptor
Coming from the wheel industry from many years I have seen so many wheel brands come and go. These days more new wheel companies are popping up. Mostly made in China or Taiwan. I have found JDM/German wheels are usually the best quality but have a heavier price. BBS actually just released a new off-road line at a great value. The offsets are a bit aggressive though. I have found when buying wheels in the truck market there's not many unique or custom options. Just my opinion.

Wheel brands I looked at when buying that I thought had good value and light weight.
Titan-7
Enkei RPT1
Work Meister Wheels
HRE Flowform
Raceline
SSW Offroad
Stealth Customs
Method
 

Sponsored

superj

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Feb 8, 2025
Threads
44
Messages
4,006
Reaction score
3,873
Location
Corpus christi texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 ford ranger, 2019 wrangler, 2018 mazda3
Occupation
Retired
I have vision wheels and my wife has American outlaw wheels.

Enkei makes a lot of oem wheels for companies. They are nice light wheels
 

BeachRaptor

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
66
Reaction score
93
Location
Virginia
Vehicle(s)
2025 CGM Ranger Raptor, 2024 Terra Toyota TRD Pro 4runner
Occupation
Retired
Fuel makes a lot of styles. I have the beasts in 20 mm offset and love em.

Ford Ranger Besides Method wheels what are other good wheel companies??? IMG_3215
 

midnight270

Well-Known Member
First Name
Tyler
Joined
May 2, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
160
Reaction score
194
Location
NNJ
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ranger Raptor CGM
Braid
 

Sponsored

pablo94sc

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2023
Threads
41
Messages
1,186
Reaction score
1,212
Location
TN
Vehicle(s)
Focus
This is my first off road vehicle, RR, and I don't like the +55 offset and the weight of the stock wheels. I am interested in a new set of wheels. I know Method is a go to brand and they have their "Bead Grip" tech on some of their wheels. With Method our choices are q bit limited. So what are the other brands out there that you guys are running?
You don't like the weight? Do you have the bead lock ones, because the regular wheels are some of the lighter ones I've seen. They weigh less than most Methods.
 

Lion77

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2025
Threads
37
Messages
1,091
Reaction score
1,657
Location
United States
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I like the RTR's aesthetically, but I don't think they would hold up to my uses off-road. I had RTR Tech 7's on my 2016 GT and loved them, but they have a thinner spoke design and the lateral loads in off-roading can be quite brutal and as mentioned, the bead grip is really another area that Method shines.

Plus I really like how easy the 705's are to clean up, the more complex spoke geometries tend to hold dirt / mud a lot more and don't wash off as easily. I was pleasantly surprised as how the simple radiused spokes cleaned right up on my 705's. My OE beadlocks were a PITA after going to an OHV park last year, but it all depends on your use cases!

Ford Ranger Besides Method wheels what are other good wheel companies??? 20260816_210248


Personally, on trucks, I like a simple rugged look, and I think the 705's for me, with their trapezoid spoke cut out design, fit well with the down to business boxy-ish styling on the RR. Cause I do stuff that makes my truck look like this quite often (that stuff is like cement once it dries out!):

Ford Ranger Besides Method wheels what are other good wheel companies??? 20260523_122159


Also be careful with very larger off-sets, the more off-set you go, the more your scrub radius is going to be affected. Too much scrub and you will ruin the off-road handling as you will be wrestling the steering wheel every time you hit a bump or puddle!

The optimal offset aside from stock is +35 to + 40 range for larger tires. Black Rhino, Method and a few others have ET35's.
 

25Dsand

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Jun 12, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
88
Reaction score
65
Location
Sioux falls
Vehicle(s)
2025 ranger raptor
Occupation
usps
I come from the jdm scene the last sets of wheels I ran were enkei, J line,Advan and now on the RR I went with Cobb and love them.
 

Havasu RR

Well-Known Member
First Name
Craig
Joined
Mar 9, 2025
Threads
8
Messages
247
Reaction score
287
Location
Lake Havasu, AZ.
Vehicle(s)
Long travel Tacoma with ranger raptor on order
Occupation
Entrepreneur
9
This is my first off road vehicle, RR, and I don't like the +55 offset and the weight of the stock wheels. I am interested in a new set of wheels. I know Method is a go to brand and they have their "Bead Grip" tech on some of their wheels. With Method our choices are q bit limited. So what are the other brands out there that you guys are running?
9 and 3 wheels.
Forged and available in whatever backspacing you would like.
I bought their 17-in wheel and 35 in by 17 x11.5 Toyo AT3 and I'm the same way as a stock wheel and tire.
 

Westyside

Active Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2023
Threads
3
Messages
34
Reaction score
16
Location
PDX
Vehicle(s)
2019 Taco
I like the RTR's aesthetically, but I don't think they would hold up to my uses off-road. I had RTR Tech 7's on my 2016 GT and loved them, but they have a thinner spoke design and the lateral loads in off-roading can be quite brutal and as mentioned, the bead grip is really another area that Method shines.
I think you're probably overthinking this a bit. Lateral loads in a lower-traction truck tire are nowhere near what a sticky sports car tire on a grippy track surface produce.

Also who do you think makes RTR wheels for Vaughn
Sponsored

 
 







Top