• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
desperate attempt to get something out there before the Ranger launch on May 10th with deliberate "leak".

Reactions: MJE

WiDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - Lariat 2.7
Occupation
RN
It is very chiseled… i dig it

Sponsored

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Looks too much like a vehicle Star Wars Storm Troopers would drive on Endor. Don't understand who they think their base customer is with this exteme "rugged" look? Surely not all 250k annual buyers want or need something looking like this when they seem to highly rate reliability, simplicity and long lasting as top attributes in many surveys I've seen. The fact they kept gobbling up a 20 year old platform seems to confirm this. When I was growing up driving in the 1970s and the next generation after me, there were always a group of guys that wanted extreme off-road trucks (and a similar segment into muscle cars), but the majority seemed plenty happy with more conservative offerings where comfort and affordability with some available options to upgrade as desired ruled the day. I know I'm old and set in my ways, but I think Ford nailed the middle ground on the new Ranger keeping the basic look more traditional F-150 inspired for most, but offering the Tremor, Wildtrak and Raptor for the people wanting more off-road inspired looks and incremental performance upgrades. Will be interesting to see how all this plays out :)

rwolfcastle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Ranger Raptor (Cactus Gray)
Looks too much like a vehicle Star Wars Storm Troopers would drive on Endor. Don't understand who they think their base customer is with this exteme "rugged" look? Surely not all 250k annual buyers want or need something looking like this when they seem to highly rate reliability, simplicity and long lasting as top attributes in many surveys I've seen. The fact they kept gobbling up a 20 year old platform seems to confirm this. When I was growing up driving in the 1970s and the next generation after me, there were always a group of guys that wanted extreme off-road trucks (and a similar segment into muscle cars), but the majority seemed plenty happy with more conservative offerings where comfort and affordability with some available options to upgrade as desired ruled the day. I know I'm old and set in my ways, but I think Ford nailed the middle ground on the new Ranger keeping the basic look more traditional F-150 inspired for most, but offering the Tremor, Wildtrak and Raptor for the people wanting more off-road inspired looks and incremental performance upgrades. Will be interesting to see how all this plays out :)
You're looking at the TRD Pro. I'm sure the lower trims will be more conservative looking than this. It would be like basing the look of the entire Ranger line solely on the Raptor.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Well I really like it. It's not as "Star Wars" looking as the twins, but definitely more aggressive looking than the Ranger. I do think the Tacoma is still a bit too "much", but the Ranger is too meh. As it sits right now, the Taco is at the top of my list. That's something I thought I'd never say, as I've always hated the looks of Taco's. The front ends always looked very odd to me, with the grill sticking so far out past the headlights.
Like it or hate it; it's still great that we are getting all these options around the same time, in a segment that has been virtually dead for so many years.

Sponsored

Wayfaring Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More useless fake vents and a fake hood scoop. Front end looks like an over-engineered transformer.

But I'm sure everyone is already lining up on the order-books for their removable bluetooth JBL speaker :LOL:

Chris D Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and Edge
Occupation
Network Operations Manager
It looks good they are going to have a hybrid, but will they fix the egress/ingress and seating postion?