• Welcome to Ranger6G.com everyone!

If you're joining us from Ranger5G, then you may already have an account here! As long as you were registered on Ranger5G as of March 27, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password.

Sponsored

MSRP is a pipe dream…

OP
OP
Fes29

Fes29

First Name
Leester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota N130 (2nd Gen), Honda EF8, BMW E82
Occupation
Creative Content Producer
You just described the internet. All my hobbies I use forums and same stuff goes on.
Facebook groups are far worse.
Actually 5G has been pretty good except when the big pollical thread started spilling over to everything.
100% 👍
Sponsored

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Personally, I won't pay over MSRP but I don't have a problem with people that do. I must say though I think your comment on financing is foolish. I make minimum payments on my current truck while my high-yield savings account more than covers the interest accrued on the debt. I could pay off that loan today if I wanted, but it would be a net loss in cash flow. I encourage everyone to look at their financial situation and do what is best for them. Money is not one-size-fits-all, regardless of how much Dave Ramsey wants it to be.

Not to mention, it's perfectly fine for people to take on manageable debt for a WANT if they so choose. There's a delicate balance between enjoying life now and saving for the future. You're in no position to tell strangers on the internet how they should approach that dilemma.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

His credit score must also have never reached a point where he has been able to receive a 0% APR loan.

He sure likes to preach a lot, but comes off more and more jaded with each justification.

Why use a chunk of cash all at once on a depreciating item when you can keep pumping that same money into a portfolio or similar. But oh no, we spent a few thousand more on what amounts to early access privilege - we must be total morons with money in real life! Oh the humanity!

Last edited:

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
You just described the internet. All my hobbies I use forums and same stuff goes on.
Facebook groups are far worse.
Actually 5G has been pretty good except when the big pollical thread started spilling over to everything.
This. We get in arguments over there, but what I am seeing here is another level. I suspect outside of the Raptor sub-forum, 6G probably mirrors 5G.

Like I eluded to earlier, it never fails society that something being rare and limited brings out the worst in people.

Logan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Physical therapist
The people that said they found a 2024 RR at MSRP are either delusional, lucky or had inside connects. Maybe even all of the above.

Cheers to those who snagged it at MSRP.

I’ll be waiting patiently for the hype to cool down and try my luck again when the time comes.

In the meantime, anybody have any leads to MSRP? :)
The dealership that I work with has been family friends for years. They DO NOT ever change over MSRP. I am in line for their Raptor allocation. But it’s at MSRP as is everything else they sell.

OP
OP
Fes29

Fes29

First Name
Leester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Well this escalated quickly.

I started this thread with no ill intention.

I just wanted to see how other people felt about the mark up situation.

Now I’m here for the comments. :)

For what it’s worth, like I stated before, I will gladly pay over sticker if it’s within my budget.

Best of luck on the Ranger Raptor hunt to all!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fes29

Fes29

First Name
Leester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The dealership that I work with has been family friends for years. They DO NOT ever change over MSRP. I am in line for their Raptor allocation. But it’s at MSRP as is everything else they sell.
Well you’re one of the lucky ones.

Congrats!

AlloyPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Laramie Sport
morons need to stop paying over msrp and the dealer markups will stop
but until then, the rest of us with a head on our shoulders just have to wait
How about showing a little restraint and respect for people that operate differently from your idealism instead of name calling? People pay what they are comfortable with based on their own situation and boycotting a big company for using market price is unworkable.
If I won the $200,000,000 lotto, I would not pay ADM. For some of us, it's the principle, not the price.
Yeah, if people would just stop with the "I gotta' have it NOW!" attitude in our society we wouldn't end up with these ADMs and gouging. It's the consumer that allows it.

I personally think it's incredibly stupid. People are going to pay $10k, $20k, etc. mark-up on a midsize pickup truck that in 12 months will be EVERYWHERE. They will be crawling the streets like ants within a year. But no, I have to get mine NOW so I'll pay ADM and then be upside down in the purchase forever. It's stupid, and it's a symptom of a much larger problem in our society.

Thankfully, it appears that CEO Farley is wanting to put an end to it all with "non-negotiable" pricing on all new Ford vehicles. Will he actually do it? We'll see. But he's already sending info to dealerships about it, and some dealers are trying to decipher whether or not it would be on EVs only, or all vehicles.

SGT Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The SPEC-R3
Occupation
Law Enforcement
People are going to pay $10k, $20k, etc. mark-up on a midsize pickup truck that in 12 months will be EVERYWHERE.
Most people agreeing to ADM appear to be paying an average of $5,000 on a Raptor.

Also, the Ranger Raptor is not going to be everywhere. Not for 12 months, not for 24 months, probably not for 36 months.

The first step to stimulating an argument worth having is using information than isn't hyperbole or uses the extreme examples of data (ie; "My local dealership wants 25k ADM")

Those Raptors available in 24 or 36 months more than likely will have a high probability of annual MSRP increases that would put them at a price tag the average Raptor is going for for the first 12 months anyhow.

Its going to be hilarious 3 years from now when people are seeing $62,000 Raptors, which is what some of us are buying for now, but we got to enjoy the product so much sooner.

shred5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Most people agreeing to ADM appear to be paying an average of $5,000 on a Raptor.

Also, the Ranger Raptor is not going to be everywhere. Not for 12 months, not for 24 months, probably not for 36 months.

The first step to stimulating an argument worth having is using information than isn't hyperbole or uses the extreme examples of data (ie; "My local dealership wants 25k ADM")

Those Raptors available in 24 or 36 months more than likely will have a high probability of annual MSRP increases that would put them at a price tag the average Raptor is going for for the first 12 months anyhow.

Its going to be hilarious 3 years from now when people are seeing $62,000 Raptors, which is what some of us are buying for now, but we got to enjoy the product so much sooner.

Honestly I do not care what someone spends their money on it is their money.

But you do not know this. Ford could very well pull out of the NA market again if the Ranger does not sell well to make the Bronco. Lots will depend on the markets, the economy.

There also is allot of competition in the midsized market and could lead to lower prices. No one knows the future.

I honestly think prices will come down on trucks in general. Ford may be the exception because I am not sure Ford really cares much for the midsize market in the USA so supply may be tight always there. We shall see.

Also if Ford takes as many delays to release G6 as it did G5 we may not see the New Ranger for a very long time.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

His credit score must also have never reached a point where he has been able to receive a 0% APR loan.

He sure likes to preach a lot, but comes off more and more jaded with each justification.

Why use a chunk of cash all at once on a depreciating item when you can keep pumping that same money into a portfolio or similar. But oh no, we spent a few thousand more on what amounts to early access privilege - we must be total morons with money in real life! Oh the humanity!
There’s 2 phases to long term retirement planning. You are only addressing the 1st phase: the Accumulation phase, which is generally before you retire. The 2nd phase is the Draw Down phase where your emphasis shifts from building up your portfolio and accounts to spending it down in the most tax advantaged ways. Tax bracket awareness and your RMDs kicking in creating income flows you must pay taxes on annually. It’s common to have income bracket creep push you into paying more taxes as you age without careful thought and long term planning.

My wife is still instinctively hoarding $ at 72 and surprised at the taxes and consequences resulting. I’m very comfortable spending wisely to keep our taxes as low as possible into the future. We live a comfortable middle class retirement, but the discussions on strategy can still be hard at times. We have no kids or real debts and will undoubtedly outlive our savings for no good reason arguing over accepting the Draw Down stage mindset.

Sponsored

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger SCREW STX SE
Occupation
machinist
Yeah, if people would just stop with the "I gotta' have it NOW!" attitude in our society we wouldn't end up with these ADMs and gouging. It's the consumer that allows it.

I personally think it's incredibly stupid. People are going to pay $10k, $20k, etc. mark-up on a midsize pickup truck that in 12 months will be EVERYWHERE. They will be crawling the streets like ants within a year. But no, I have to get mine NOW so I'll pay ADM and then be upside down in the purchase forever. It's stupid, and it's a symptom of a much larger problem in our society.

Thankfully, it appears that CEO Farley is wanting to put an end to it all with "non-negotiable" pricing on all new Ford vehicles. Will he actually do it? We'll see. But he's already sending info to dealerships about it, and some dealers are trying to decipher whether or not it would be on EVs only, or all vehicles.
The 'got to have it now' mentality is the reason for high introductory prices on many thing. EX I-phones - people will line up day before release to replace last years model. manufactures know this, hence $1,000 - $1,500 phones.
And as for Farley, that's just lip service. When I hear 'non-negotiable' pricing, I hear 'we will increase the MSRP, take or leave it'.

OP
OP
Fes29

Fes29

First Name
Leester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The 'got to have it now' mentality is the reason for high introductory prices on many thing. EX I-phones - people will line up day before release to replace last years model. manufactures know this, hence $1,000 - $1,500 phones.
And as for Farley, that's just lip service. When I hear 'non-negotiable' pricing, I hear 'we will increase the MSRP, take or leave it'.
Economics 101: Supply and demand.

Ranger#5?

First Name
GumbyDammit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, 2018 F-150, 2013 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired

Like your optimism on new trucks all over lots with no ADM 👍 however not seeing it becoming reality. Are we seeing Lightning F-150s all over lots now? Both Toyota and Nissan currently don’t take customer retail orders and simply ship a couple units to dealers each month. Nissan actually has ADM on theirs 😝

Also, I ordered and waited a long time to get my Maverick. They are still built in limited supply not meeting demand. Ranger is already slipping schedule and even best case won’t be able to build enough supply to meet demand for any to accumulate on lots and keep the sleazy dealers from adding marketing adjustments to customers refused units. My trusted local Ford dealer can’t keep popular units on the lot even 1 week before they’re sold.

hope you are right though.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 pinto V8, 1995 Mustang GT conv, 2019 SuperCab 2WD Ranger, 2016 Transit Connect
Economics 101: Supply and demand.
Negotiated pricing is the true test of "Supply and Demand"
When a customer says "how much you want? I'll pay it" its easy to predict the result.

Still, if you get a critical mass of that type of customer, it will raise the net price.
I will never buy from a fixed price dealer (think Trabant) There are just too many alternatives.

DarkSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LMR C6 Corvette - Reaper
The people that said they found a 2024 RR at MSRP are either delusional, lucky or had inside connects. Maybe even all of the above.

Cheers to those who snagged it at MSRP.

I’ll be waiting patiently for the hype to cool down and try my luck again when the time comes.

In the meantime, anybody have any leads to MSRP? :)
New allocations hit some of my dealer this month. I got a few calls and the prices went from $10k over to $20k over MSRP this month. I waited 10 years for a RR. I can wait another 10 or just buy a Tacoma.
Sponsored